Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QMBPro Shows only None00.mis ~ SOLVED  (Read 2998 times)

mattmcgonegle

QMBPro Shows only None00.mis ~ SOLVED
« on: November 02, 2010, 09:58:31 AM »

Hello-
I've got a customized QMBMaps.ini in RootFolder/Quicks. My understanding from documentation is that the entries in this file are map names; NOT the mission filenames(from RootFolder/Missions/Quick). For example I have in this file the line: Aleutians           I then have in RootFolder/Missions/Quick 8 files that start with "Aleutians" (i.e. AleutiansBlueNone00.mis), and in RootFolder/MODS/MapMods/maps/all.ini   there is the line:  Aleutians     Aleutians/load.ini . In my RootFolder/Files/Maps directory, there is a subdirectory named Aleutians with mapinfo(i.e. .tga files, load.ini, texts.txt, labels.txt). So as I understand it, QMBPro first reads a line within QMBMaps.ini, gets the map name, looks to see if there are files within RootFolder/Missions/Quick with that mapname(which their are-Aleutians), then reads the "Aleutians   Aleutians/load.ini" line in let's say AleutiansBlueScramble00.mis file and then looks in Root/Mods/Maps 1st,then Root/Files/Maps 2nd, then finally the UP2.01n .SFS file looking for the Aleutians map info(for me;it's in Root/Files/Maps). Yet, all I see in the sim QMB, is "DogFight"(i.e. AleutiansBlueNone00.mis), no "Attack Airbase" or "Attack Armor"-they're all non-highlighted(unselectable). Hope this all makes sense. What am I doing wrong-I should see multiple selections under "Target".
ThxInAdvance     -Matt

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Can't Get QMBPro To Show Anything Other Than None00.mis(DogFight)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 10:34:42 AM »

hi Matt
it sounds like everything is correct, so it seems strange that it's not working.
the only thing that bothers me, is you say it shows in QMB as 'Dogfight'....this is wrong, it should read as 'None', not as 'Dogfight.
have you opened up some of those QMB missions in FMB, just to see if they are correctly set up, ie : 4 flights per Red/Blue side, and each flight must be either USSR/Germany, Squadron None (Default), flight 1-4?
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:36:22 AM »

Hello-
I've got a customized QMBMaps.ini in RootFolder/Quicks. My understanding from documentation is that the entries in this file are map names; NOT the mission filenames(from RootFolder/Missions/Quick). For example I have in this file the line: Aleutians           I then have in RootFolder/Missions/Quick 8 files that start with "Aleutians" (i.e. AleutiansBlueNone00.mis), and in RootFolder/MODS/MapMods/maps/all.ini   there is the line:  Aleutians     Aleutians/load.ini . In my RootFolder/Files/Maps directory, there is a subdirectory named Aleutians with mapinfo(i.e. .tga files, load.ini, texts.txt, labels.txt). So as I understand it, QMBPro first reads a line within QMBMaps.ini, gets the map name, looks to see if there are files within RootFolder/Missions/Quick with that mapname(which their are-Aleutians), then reads the "Aleutians   Aleutians/load.ini" line in let's say AleutiansBlueScramble00.mis file and then looks in Root/Mods/Maps 1st,then Root/Files/Maps 2nd, then finally the UP2.01n .SFS file looking for the Aleutians map info(for me;it's in Root/Files/Maps). Yet, all I see in the sim QMB, is "DogFight"(i.e. AleutiansBlueNone00.mis), no "Attack Airbase" or "Attack Armor"-they're all non-highlighted(unselectable). Hope this all makes sense. What am I doing wrong-I should see multiple selections under "Target".
ThxInAdvance     -Matt

Hi Matt.
                  Are you using the QMB of the Mission Combo or a previous version? I specify a couple of things:

The important thing is the name of the MISSIONS, not the one of the maps. You can perfectly have a mission called BurkinaFasoRedNone00.mis that uses the map of Vietnam. The map itself is specified inside the mission file and could be absolutely different.

There is an issue that I have detected and corrected in QMBPro but never uploaded the corrected version:

-If the name specified in QMBMaps.ini has trailing spaces, for example: "Aleutians  ", the two spaces at the end would make the MOD to verify the existence of the missions i.e. "Aleutians  BlueAirbase.mis" but the real name of the file doesn't have those spaces there in between.

Why don't you check if the full line of Aleutians in your QMBMaps.ini ends with the "s"?

Regards,
                       Pablo

mattmcgonegle

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 11:48:22 AM »

~S~ Sas~Malone
In regard to ur question: I modofied Root/Files/i18n/gui_ru.properties. I simply put it into more understandeable lingo(for a dummy like me). It likes like such:
quick.BLI:                     Blinding
quick.RAI:                    Rain/Snow
quick.THU:                    Thunder
# ---    Situation
quick.NON:                    Enemy Level
quick.ADV:                    Enemy Below
quick.DIS:                     Enemy Above
# ---    Targets
quick.None                    DogFight
quick.Armor                  Attack Armor
quick.Ship                     Attack Ships
quick.Bridge                  Attack Bridges
quick.Airbase                 Attack Airbase
quick.City                     Attack City
quick.Scramble              Scramble - A/C Attacking
quick.Strike                  Attack Artillery/Bunker
# ---    Defence
quick.NOND:                   None
quick.AAA:                    AAA
# ---    Skill
quick.ROO:                    Rookie
quick.EXP:                    Average

These .mis files are all D/L from sas1946 and another site(I'm sure they're correct in structure). What's wierd is that I've got about 35 entries in QMBMaps.ini and NONE of them allow anything but "DogFight"(or "None"). Now I can take a UP2.01n supplied QMBMaps.ini(untouched/modified, // entries and all) and it works fine(I get multiple "Target" selections-None,Attack Airbase,Attack Armor...)! I'm following Benitos' instructions to the "T". I'm fairly computer/codeing proficient so I don't know how to fix this-no clues what direction to go. Thx for ur quick reply. Any other ideas?
~S~ Matt

mattmcgonegle

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »

~S~ Benito
U might be on to something. While creating the QMBMaps.ini(making sure their wern't missing filenames/maps/redundancies), after looking for a package of QMB missions(i.e. Aleutians_______.mis file-16 total), I would put a * at the end of the line in QMBMaps.ini referencing Aleutians. When completed, I (1)removed all entries that didn't have an asterisk, and (2) in Windows XP "NotePad" substituted a blank space for *(I figured trailing blanks wouldn't be a problem). I hope that's the fix. Will report back after stripping trailing blanks. Thx!!!!
~S~ Matt

mattmcgonegle

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »

~S~ Paublo
Sorry I didn't answer ur full reply. I am using QMBProPal(Mod applicable to "Quick Mission Builder" in sim MAIN screen. Also-If I understand you correctly, my fictitous QMBMaps.ini for your example should have as an entry in QMBMaps.ini the line "BurkinaFaso" (w/o the quote marks) ; NOT "Vietnam". Is that correct? I just have to insure that the sim finds "Vietnam" map data either in (1) ROOT/Mods/MapMods/Maps -or- (2) ROOT/Files/Maps -or lastly- ROOT/fileXYZ.SFS.
~S~ Matt

mattmcgonegle

Re: Can't Get QMBPro... None00.mis(DogFight)-SOLVED!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »

~S~ Pablo;SAS_Malone:
With QMBProPAL Mod(and possibly the new(fantastic-I've used it)combo "MissionPro-QMBPro-FMBPlus" Mod-https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,8988.0.html) the user CAN NOT have trailing blanks after the filenames(of the ROOT/Missions/Quick files)contained within the QMBMaps.ini file(located in ROOT/Quicks directory).
Thx to SAS_Malone and Pablo for quick replies/suggestions.
This problem is now solved(closed).
Thx Again
~S~ Matt

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 10:06:06 PM »

Matt,
            yes, I supposed it was the cause.

I have just updated my MissionProCombo with a fix that doesn't bear in mind if you have leading or trailing spaces in the names of the missions of the QMBMaps.ini

If you redownload MissionProCombo now it would solve your problem and you would not need anymore to be so cautious about what the file says.

Regarding your question, yes, that's correct as you stated: in the QMBMaps.ini should be listed only BurkinaFaso (or whatever the name of the mission starts with). The name of the map is something internal for the mission, QMB doesn't know anything about it and you neither.

Cheers,
                      Pablo
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.