Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving textures ?  (Read 8437 times)

Uufflakke

• Modder
Re: Moving textures ?
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 12:57:31 AM »

Using phototextures and populating on top of it is a very good combination! So it looks good from high altitude and when flying low or at treetop level.
I helped another mapmaker at AAS with populating his map (which will never be released though...) and just like Redko is doing now I put houses on top of almost every phototextured house.
Here is an example how it looks at high and low altitude. As you can see the houses are not very close to eachother but it looks very densily populated. And still good fps.
So I can recommend you this combinations of applying phototextures and populating on top of it.

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 04:23:14 AM »

Many thanks to everybody in this thread for their inspiring posts. I suppose the discussion is fruitful for any mapmaker.
EDIT:
But there is still untouched question (I think): where precisely will the texture be placed, I mean how far away from the point I clicked the mouse at opened map in MapBuilder ? And which part of the texture .tga file ? Perhaps is there more than just trial and failure method ? Essentially, how to precisely place the rexture at the place I wont ?

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 05:43:23 AM »

The screenshots of the never-to-be-released map are very stunning ... never seen such a good looking European city before ... and can I hazard a guess as to which city? I was thinking of Hamburg ... not that it matters, but getting it right from the screenshots would be a compliment to the makers for getting it recognizable ...

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 07:21:56 AM »

and can I hazard a guess as to which city? I was thinking of Hamburg ...

Wrong answer!  ;)
It's Amsterdam...

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 08:48:30 AM »

Not fair, in the first 2 screenshot you couldn't see any of the grachten ... ha ha

redko

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 02:04:11 PM »

Wrong answer!  ;)
It's Amsterdam...

Ohhhh jeeeeeez.....what a beauty. And why will this never be released ???

redko

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 02:07:36 PM »

Very nice. For the streets i was thinking that to make them a little more natural i would recommand to use a grey a little bit more clear and use it to paint lines in the center of the streets. It could simulate car wearing or track wheels.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 02:11:18 PM »

What about releasing the repaints of the appartment blocks? It would be a shame to let them not be used for another map surely ...

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 02:23:53 PM »

@Redko: I will not discuss it here why this Northsea map will not be released. It's something between me and the mapmaker.  ;)
Or maybe it will released whenever without my stuff.Who knows...
And you are right about the roads, but it was all in a WIP stage so during the process a lot of thing could be altered. But that's not relevant anymore.

@Agracier: I repainted two of Canonuk's houseblocks into typical Dutch canal houses and transformed a stock mill into a Dutch windmill. Just three objects. I've already sent them to Michel Boonstra to use it for his Netherlands map. So it's not necessary to release them right now.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,8022.0.html (when you scroll down you will see my objects repaint.)

But I think we are getting off topic right now as this topic is about 'Moving Textures'.  ;D

redko

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »

But I think we are getting off topic right now as this topic is about 'Moving Textures'.  ;D
Hey....Agracier is a very passionate guy. Every single thing dealing with mapmaking is in the topic...all  ;) ;D.
Ok no more questions. By the way your house pack is very useful for MTO too, i won't forget to mention you this time on the future movie trailer.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 25 queries.