Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: cztx_Caucasus Retextured v2.0 - January 13, 2016  (Read 35867 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
cztx_Caucasus Retextured v2.0 - January 13, 2016
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:02:17 PM »

I have been wanting to make this map better for a long time but could not get everything to click just right.  It's been 5 years since v1 was uploaded.  Thanks to Cyberolas and his Stalingrad RRR maps and the discover of semi-transparent ground runway plates - now I been able to complete the project. 

v2.0 download has the new textures and load.ini files for both summer and winter maps.  Nothing else has been changed.  New pics can be seen on page 4 of this discussion, link here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,10201.msg545143.html#msg545143

Download new textures for v2.0 here:  https://www.mediafire.com/?7om2uubfq1cjcb2

The map looks better if you have the semi-transparent runway plates by vpmedia - the download for that and a discussion can be found here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,49730.msg543557.html#msg543557

Better mountain winter textures by Uufflakke can be found here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,10201.msg114328.html#msg114328

new textures above this line+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you don't already have the map you can download it here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s7j98tobaznepp9/cztx_Caucasus_V1.zip

There are two maps, Fall and Winter.

EDIT: If you have a problem on the winter map with water behaving like frozen ice...
There is a simple fix for this.
I viewed a link to the Aleutians map and found this quote by agracier:
UPDATE on Fixing 'Hard Water'
Problem : Bombs falling water will leave a crater and seaplanes cannot always land on water either.

Apparently this can be fixed by a very simple editing of the load.ini file.
this is a line of text that is near the beginning of the file:

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = WINTER

please change that to

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = winter

Apparently by editing the map to a winter map, it makes all water behave like ice, even if the water textures show unfrozen water. With CAMOUFLAGE = winter (NO CAPITAL LETTERS) you will have normal water and default winter skins.
Thanks also goes to Uufflakke for discovering the winter in small letters secret!

map, on Flickr

map2, on Flickr

Terek, on Flickr

semitransparent plates, on Flickr

Beslan, on Flickr

Elkhotovo Gate, on Flickr

Mineralnye Vody, on Flickr

Pyatigorsk2, on Flickr

Kurskaya, on Flickr

Beslan snow, on Flickr

Maykop, on Flickr

tater718

• Banned From Google
  • She's real fine my 409!
    • http://imageshack.us/
Re: cztx_Caucasus map v1.0
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:58:57 AM »

CT,
Yes, a much improved shoreline. Looks great!
Sorry if this is a little OT but the reflections of the trees in the water when I fly over rivers and such are way weird looking. Is this something I can fix all by my own badself?
Thanks,
Tater

LuseKofte

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 01:03:14 PM »

:) I have already made the missions for the Beta going to check out if it in the need for adjustments  :)
And by the way Your maps are truly wonders  ;D

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »

You couldn't do me a much bigger favour with Eastern Front wintermaps.  8)
Looks nice when flying through snowy wheather in the early morning hours.
I love the smell of burning Messies in the morning!  :P

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Triad773

• Triad's website
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 03:26:28 PM »

Those are some nice screenies!

I've always liked the Net Summer Mountains map, but this looks like a good alternative.

Thanks- looks like really nice work :)

SAS~Triad

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 06:06:09 PM »

Really nice job on this one. I appreciate how you've kept the roads in the mountain valleys, it always bugs me when they don't follow the logical route :D

WhoDatNotSayin

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 06:42:56 PM »

A great map. ;D Another one to add to my list of favourite maps for low-level flying through valleys. I've given it a quick look around in a MiG 15 (seemed appropriate), and it looks the business even on my crappy PC. I think you may receive a visit from the Caucusus Ministry of Geographical Enforcement, over the truncation of Mt Elbrus ???, but I understand the necessity for this (4000m max altitude for the ground as I understand it). It occurred to me that you could make the remaining 1600m or so as a very large static object, but somehow I doubt that would work  :D....

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »

CT,
Yes, a much improved shoreline. Looks great!
Sorry if this is a little OT but the reflections of the trees in the water when I fly over rivers and such are way weird looking. Is this something I can fix all by my own badself?
Thanks,
Tater
If you can fix the reflections on rivers then go ahead but tell me the secret on how to fix it.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 07:54:31 PM »

Great area mate!!!

You filled a really vital gap!!!

Thanks for share!!!

All the best!

walter
Yes, this area definately needed to be mapped but I didn't see anyone else stepping up to do it, not even our gracious agracier.  But even agracier declined to do it because of the way the mountains looked.  By the way agracier, if you're reading this, thanks for bowing out and giving me the job of making this map.  I really enjoyed making it and learning about all the little places people generally glance over.  To me, it's more personal knowing I was involved in each of those places and knowing every detail about it.  It's also personal because I have such a great interest in this theater of the war and in this particular region.  I felt like I've been drawn by some unseen force to have this interest and to make this map.

***I'd like to dedicate this map to Russia's Mikhail Gorbachev and to all those who were involved in the war in this part of Russia.  Gorbachev was a young boy at that time living in the area just north of the map's northern border.  I salute Gorbachev for his brave role in history and for his love for humanity.***

I'd like to say thank you to everyone for the praise I've received.  You're very welcome.

Uufflakke, thanks for posting the winter screenies because I didn't show any.  Now others can get a taste of the winter map.

WhoDatNotSayin, I'd be really surprised to get a note from that ministry haha!  But you know IL2 has its height limitations so unfortunately Mt. Elbrus is chopped off.  It's a big mountain either way you look at it! ;)

Checkyersix, I did best I could on mountain roads.  Levelling the road base would be a very difficult job on map_H so that's why you'll see sharp inclines etc. in some places.

LeOne, my front line markers disappeared after I reworked the map_c to make it better for Excellent settings.  You might want to check the front lines in your missions.

tater718

• Banned From Google
  • She's real fine my 409!
    • http://imageshack.us/
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »

CT,
Your reply tells me what I needed to know!
If you or anyone has a fix for this now or later I certainly would like know the secret.
I wanna' go home to the armadillo!!
Tater

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 11:41:02 AM »

Czech: when crashlanding on water on the winter version I get a bombcrater instead of a watersplash.
Same thing happened on the winter version of Zuti's Slovenia map.I know there is a simple fix for that in the load.ini but I forgot what actually.
Any help?
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Triad773

• Triad's website
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »

I had a similar issue - I took a Savoi seaplane from the coast over the mountains to one of the little inland rivers.

I didn't think I was that bad at landing seaplanes  ??? :P but looking at the result makes me think it could be un-level plates?

Just a guess. It does not detract from my enjoyment of your work, it was a surprise though.

Thanks  8)

SAS~Triad

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 28 queries.