Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dont Forget the Greeks!  (Read 2449 times)

5./JG54_s0crazty

• http://roen911.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • A Greek in the cockpit.Better run!!!!!
Dont Forget the Greeks!
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:39:36 PM »

I think this one is for you Max !

cgagan

• SAS Team
Re: Dont Forget the Greeks!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 01:03:22 AM »

+1 (...please!) 8)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 05:39:47 PM »

WOW!  ??? They look like flying cows!! LMAO
These WW1 camo-schemes keep getting wilder and wilder everytime I see a new airplane painted.
I have seen some bizarre paints before, and these look really interresting and very cool to my eyes.
I always like to see original and bizarre paints. These are very original. I will make some skins for you.
But first I must research how the WW1 Greek roundels look like. I never trust a profile image until I reserach
the images well, to see if that is what they look like. Last time I was doing some spitfires I made the roundels
incorrect because the profile image I had looked like that, and they were not.
So it was my mistake, I must do them correct and do research.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

5./JG54_s0crazty

• http://roen911.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • A Greek in the cockpit.Better run!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:40:26 PM »

WOW!  ??? They look like flying cows!! LMAO
These WW1 camo-schemes keep getting wilder and wilder everytime I see a new airplane painted.
I have seen some bizarre paints before, and these look really interresting and very cool to my eyes.
I always like to see original and bizarre paints. These are very original. I will make some skins for you.
But first I must research how the WW1 Greek roundels look like. I never trust a profile image until I reserach
the images well, to see if that is what they look like. Last time I was doing some spitfires I made the roundels
incorrect because the profile image I had looked like that, and they were not.
So it was my mistake, I must do them correct and do research.

The Colours are 100% Correct, i made a lot of research for it because i have almost finished the 1/9 size.
I almost Forget this plane in my Work shop and now with all the WW1 mods i Started again !

http://koti.welho.com/msolanak/DH-9%20in%20Greek%20service.html

http://koti.welho.com/msolanak/profDH%25209_2.html

Now i have the hard part....The wires....Its a pain in the ass!

Ps : I wish the Mods Been from Wood and Plastic :(

Triad773

• Triad's website
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 08:48:31 PM »

I am currently reading Douglas Porch's book on the MED Theatre: The Path to Victory- it can be had on the cheap on Amazon if you are interested.

He talks about the Greek situation and how the Greeks hosed up the fascist Italians in Bulgaria and other places. Greece was an unexpected place for the Germans to be on the advent of Barbarossa-- little did they know how their Italian Allies were. For being so ad-hoc, the Greek forces have a new respect from me. There is discussion of the civil war later which looks interesting I have not gotten to yet, but it looks like the Communists had their asses handed to them when all was said and done.

A relative of mine went a couple of years ago to the island of Lesbos. They had gone through Greece on the way and got a nice cross-section of what's there. It sounded wonderful. Old streets that had been there for a thousand years or more-- don't have that kind of history here.

[EDIT]Sorry for the slightly off topic above. Looking into the MED more with the new maps and such recently. I also just got a book on the history of the Italian Airforce and some of the wing designs look a lot like some of those you posted. Maybe I can get some time and scan them if you are interested. [/EDIT]

Thanks for starting this topic.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 01:09:04 AM »

WOW man, that is one great looking model. Most excellent detailing done on it. You got the style for
model building! Congrats on the job done on it so far.
I wil try my best to not let you down and paint some cool Greek Air Force Skins soon.

Cheers
MAX
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 24 queries.