Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fi 156 Storch Cockpit & Gunner  (Read 26601 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Fi 156 Storch Cockpit & Gunner
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »

HI, I got the mod and most of the meters in the cockpit arent there so waht should i do?

err.....start by reading through the previous posts first, at least.....  :-X
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

ChrisD

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 02:47:09 AM »

I wasn,t aware this post was still current, but as it is  - can I add my suggestions?  The problem of the no needles showing can, if I remember, be solved by using the Perfect mode.  Try it anyway.  Also, 2 other things that I wish someone would take a look at is 1) The awful cockpit framing which is wavy edged with no detail & 2) The undercarriage.  The Storch has, I think, some 60cm of suspension travel & usually about 45cm compression at Rest.  The legs hang down almost vertically in flight, which is where the aircraft gets its name from.  They spread out quite widely when on the ground.  Would it be possible to simulate this?
Anybody any ideas?   ChrisD

ChrisD

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 02:06:35 AM »

Surprised by the lack of interest in this topic, I may as well have the last word(s)   1) Missing instrument needles - if you go to the Main Menu/Hardware Setup/Video Options/Landscape Detail & select Perfect all the needles will appear working.  I tried this last night & it works.  So at 71 my memory is not that bad! 
2) Cockpit framing - the wavy black lines do not do justice to the rest of the cockpit - I just wish someone would have a go at correcting them.  3)  Undercarriage - I realise that it would probably be impossible to make a fixed undercarriage move, so I had a thought.  Make 2 undercarriages - 1 for in flight & 1 for on the ground.  Use the 'G' key to toggle between them as required.  Just an idea!   I enjoy flying the Storch - especially trying to land in difficult spots. 
ChrisD

Bee

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 05:49:26 AM »

I realise that it would probably be impossible to make a fixed undercarriage move, so I had a thought.  Make 2 undercarriages - 1 for in flight & 1 for on the ground.  Use the 'G' key to toggle between them as required.  Just an idea!   I enjoy flying the Storch - especially trying to land in difficult spots. 
ChrisD

That is a brilliant idea.  Very creative!

ChrisD

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 02:08:57 AM »

Thanks Bee - my post was really for AIRdomination, mikejr & theace all of whom had said they could not see the needles on some of the gauges.  I hope this has solved the problem for them.
Regards,  ChrisD

DimAurora

• Ex-SilverFox23
  • Modder
  • Self-Proclaimed Supermarine Type 391 Lover
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »

Now if only someone was nice enough to add this wonderful cockpit to my Fi-156W-3 mod.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 23 queries.