Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MG131's are the only weapons not making an impact sound~SOLVED  (Read 3538 times)

WEASELWAGON

MG131's are the only weapons not making an impact sound~SOLVED
« on: September 20, 2009, 12:05:24 PM »

I think we need to start compiling a comprehensive list or map of the PRS layout for Weapons and include their specific detonation
WAV's upon target impact.For example,the MK108,when strafing a groung target,will use the PRS file "explode.shell.prs" which triggers the specific WAV FILE "exp3_20.WAV"  for detonation upon hitting the target.Problem for me now is that i have lost that sound while playing,even though I have ensured the proper PRS and WAV are present in their folders.My install is a mess that somehow worked,there being about 8 complete sets of PRS  and Sample folders spread thruout!After cleanup by eliminating all but the PRS and Sample folders in the MODS folder, I still have no detonation sounds for the Mk108 and any heavy caliber cannon although my Hispano 20mm and Browning 50 cals produce an impact sound........

WEASELWAGON

Re: Weapon impact-detonation sounds and PRS files
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:16:21 AM »

fixed the mk108 detonation sounds,still no mg131 sounds when bullets hit the target,i know the prs file for all detonations under 30mm cannon in size seems to be "explode.bullet.prs" -it works for everything,including browning 50 cal,all 20mm,30. cal etc.-
Why is the Mg131 the only sound affected here?Once again,i'm talking about the sound when the round hits something and then detonates.

WEASELWAGON

MG131's are the only weapons not making an impact sound?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »

When strafing,the MG131's dont make any sound when striking the ground or target.I know the PRS for this is right-"explode.bullet"
its matched properly with the WAV's for it.The strange thing is that all other weapons make a sound upon striking the ground.Anyone else have this problem.Its got to be some sort of buttons issue,i could use a 109 0r 190 set up with MG 17's and hear the impact,but when I move up to a later model with the 131's-no impact sound.....

4./JG53_Badger

Re: MG131's are the only weapons not making an impact sound?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »

This is not my info, but rather a post from VP media from AAA forum...I hope it helps...

theres a new version of the soundmod in works called "SFX"
http://hosted.filefront.com/SG2Wasy

imho sooner or later the sound will be perfect, since theres no official help everybody whos goal it is to upgrade some part of the game will have to learn it while working...

If you simply want to adjust the MG-131 volume for example:

open

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\SOUNDMOD\presets\sounds\weapon.MGunMG131s.prs

adjust

[spl]

to a higher value

People often have problems with values above 100, 130 works for me though.

A better but more complicated solution is to open the wav file itself in SoundForge for example and adjust the volume there, until you reach peak level otherwise you get a overdriven sound.

OR you can try this.....Good Luck!

[UPDATED] New MG Sounds for early BF109s (7.92mm)   
!S

This is a new sound set for the early 109's which use 7.92mm MGs. This will NOT change the sounds for the MG131 13mm that is used by G and later model 109s. This is a nice effect, and sounds better than the original 7.92mm UI sound, imho. 

Hope you enjoy this!

7.92mm MG Sound Mod
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fiizvlqnzb3/Bf109%20E%20&%20F%20MG%20sounds.exe

And per request, here is a "sped-up" and faster version of these sounds for those who want it:

Faster Looping 7.92mm MG Sounds

https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zteyw1zdd2y

Installation:

This is a self installer. But, if you're using a 64bit OS, you'll have to browse and extract this to "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\FW-190A3\Samples".

Other OS's like standard Windows XP don't have to do this. The only other reason to browse to the extract location is if you have IL-2 installed in some other directory, instead of "program files". For all others who installed IL-2 normally, just let it self install.

Again these are not mine but other modders mods. Please use at your own risk....Always make backups 1st and read the readme files that accompany them.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 01:22:38 PM »

Any update on this weaselwagon?

WEASELWAGON

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 01:30:02 PM »

still no mG131 detonations with oct10 buttons and presets....very strange

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »

The buttons and presets that come with it will have no effect on weaponsounds at all. This problem lies elsewhere. Can anyone check if the Mg131 has impact sounds in the stock unmodded game?

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »

Try this please...

WEASELWAGON

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 11:37:03 PM »

You are the Cats Meow!One hundred percent working perfect-I know that you cooked that one up special just for me,Thanks big time,brother!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 25 queries.