Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission Pro Combo (Mission Pro, Q.M.B. Pro and F.M.B. Plus Extra - Beta)  (Read 35165 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.

New Mission Pro Combo MOD
includes: Mission Pro, Q.M.B. Pro and F.M.B. Plus Extra
(still Beta, I need feedback)

I have been a little bored lately, and first started just to add some options to the Mission Pro, but finally I reworked not only it but my QMBPro too. In this combo I'm including my ScrollWheel function for the F.M.B. that I had for "internal use" we would say, but because I agreed with Frog and Zuti to standardize its use I'm releasing it in a more straight version.

I made some additions to the basic interface of the Mission Pro, which are self explanatory and suggested by some of you:

Now you can invoke the Full Mission Builder from the Single Mission Pro, and it opens the mission you were working on. This F.M.B. is based in FMBPlus, but the scrollwheel operation and some minor extra functions required to integrate it to my other MODs were applied.

And the QMBPro gives you the chance of editing the missions in F.M.B. Plus Extra too. It has a couple of corrections in the internal code.

I have added a setting (that will be extended to the rest of my MODs), requested by Frog, that in the [Mods] section of the Conf.ini allows you to invert the behaviour of the mousewheel through the setting PALZoomInUp=1 (or 0).

This package is not directly compatible with Zuti MDS, many things should be verified to confirm the operation in parallel with Frog's Formation MOD, but I think that in the near future we will produce standard and compatible versions.

After the Beta stage I will write a proper ReadMe with all the changes and improvements.

Regards,
                           Pablo

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Mission Pro V2 (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »

great, thanks Pablo, will test it out this evening... ;D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: Mission Pro Combo (Mission Pro, Q.M.B. Pro and F.M.B. Plus Extra - Beta)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:46:10 PM »

Malone, as you can see above I have extended the original one to a full package MOD for Missions.

Tschüss,
                    Pablo

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:45:17 AM »

indeed, so far i am very impressed with the options, and everything seems to work fine... ;D
Pablo, i've been thinking of more ways to improve the QMB menu screen, and have a few small ideas that i will share here with you via screenshots shortly.... :)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 01:55:02 AM »

A great present for my scratch reinstalling!!!!

I'll install it as I put the hands againg on the work!!

You are a great!

All the best!

walter

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 02:50:35 AM »

After a quick test seems to work very well.
However at 1024x768 resolution the menu features on the mission interface merge together.
What screen resolution is recommended for this?

Ashe

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 07:06:16 AM »

After a quick test seems to work very well.
However at 1024x768 resolution the menu features on the mission interface merge together.
What screen resolution is recommended for this?

Ashe

Ashe,
            yes, it tends to be very complicated the way the visual elements in IL-2 work. It is very difficult to diagram the screens, it's a long process of trial and error and effectively, with lower resolutions, things tend to be worst.

I think I can improve a little on the sizing of the comboboxes, but in the case you show it would be a must to reduce the font size for 1024x768 pixels.

The stock game always has the buttons and labels with a lot of space in between to avoid "collisions" but with so many items in a small space as in this MOD, if you don't have a good screen resolution, the problems are unavoidable.

Regards,
                      Pablo

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 07:11:58 AM »

Thanks, really love this Combo MOD

Great

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 07:29:35 AM »

Hi Pablo!

Tried your single-mission-V2 BETA yesterday and now will try this one.
With new single-mission-V2 I had no problems so far.

First I have only one little wish ... :-\

Is it doable to make the skin (and eventually alos the arms- )fields  wider in both BETAS, sometimes skins have very long names (when having tons of skins you need some more info) and with this short field its really hard to see the full names. Or maybe when opening this field the window then can be wider?

:)

BTW: why using this wonderful "TSCHÜSS" ?  :D Its a so typical Austrian/Vienna  term... ;D  ;)

Malone,
                  as in my comments to Ashe: it is really complicated to make fit many visual items at the same time, at the same screen, and make them stable for any resolution and Font size configuration.

I already thought in a way of giving some more space that was removing the huge stick switches. My approach is making the option itself part of the contents of the combos. I.E. instead of having a Parachutes On/Off swithc, there could be a narrow combo giving you with text this chances:

-All Parachutes On
  -All Parachutes Off
  -Own Parachute Only

For the Skin, instead of having the switch, a small combo could be added with the lines:

-User Skin for Own Plane
  -User Skin for All
  -Mission Skin for All Planes

And my Austro-German is very limited, I really would like to be able to say something more than "Ein rosinenbroetchen bitte..." or "Wo bist die Schloss Belvedere?" or "Ein Filet-o-Fish Menu mit Mineralwasser".

Tschüss,
                     Pablo

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 07:37:13 AM »

Hi mates!

First two things:

1) Tested on 1920x1200 resolution and all work wery well!
2) This is the integration of Single Mission Pro + QMB Pro + FMB extra and mean that we must to disable the old FMB (that have more class files than the ones it share with yours) or make your load before to gain the new code and let old FMB after to keep the remaining unmodified class files?

cheers

walter

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:49:03 AM »

Pablo, here is a pic demonstrating (i hope  :D) the idea i had for the QMB menu.
my reasoning behind it is for the many times when i set up a QMB mission, everything as i want, but now i decide i want to play the same scenario, but on a different map.
as you know, when changing maps, all the planes change nationality to the default for that map, normally USSR/Luftwaffe, or USA/IJA...
if we could alter the QMB menu to incorporate the nationality box, it would then save me from having to go into the arming/3d screen to adjust all the planes nationalities again, it could simply be done from this same screen. currently, you would have to click on each plane group, wait for the 3d box to load, then change the nationality.
this way would save a bit of effort, and would be of great use to me...
the flight number box is unnecesarily big, only really needs to have one digit, but maybe space for two for possible future mods that might allow for more planes.
the skill level box, well, also too large, will never be other than Rookie/Average/Veteran/Ace, so maximum only 7 spaces needed...

i'd like to hear your thoughts on this... :)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:51:10 AM »

+1
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 24 queries.