Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission Pro Combo (Mission Pro, Q.M.B. Pro and F.M.B. Plus Extra - Beta)  (Read 35163 times)

chair1

Re: Mission Pro Combo (Mission Pro, Q.M.B. Pro and F.M.B. Plus Extra - Beta)
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »

Just downloaded first version and couldn't believe it to be so easy to change planes....THANKS...I hope that wasn't too loud :D :D :D

gianluca

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »

Hi Pablo! I have, unfortunately, to report a bug at least for me.
This beautiful mod in some way has an effect on the displaying of some maps in FMB.
I noticed first with the B29alley map and the the BurmaLower that O got a strange memory error (....memory can't be read) and following ctd.
Don't know why but the relation between the mod and this kind of crash is beyond any doubt...
Hope you can give me/us good tipps!
Best regards,
Gianluca

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2010, 09:09:43 PM »

Hi Pablo! I have, unfortunately, to report a bug at least for me.
This beautiful mod in some way has an effect on the displaying of some maps in FMB.
I noticed first with the B29alley map and the the BurmaLower that O got a strange memory error (....memory can't be read) and following ctd.
Don't know why but the relation between the mod and this kind of crash is beyond any doubt...
Hope you can give me/us good tipps!
Best regards,
Gianluca

Gianluca,
                  I couldn't confirm your issues on my installation. Both B29Alley and Burma Lower load perfectly without any kind of trouble and they can be manipulated and operate normally with the maps and missions created for those maps.

Do you have Zuti MDS, Frog's Formation MOD or FMB Plus MOD? If so I suggest to test my combo disabling all those 3 MODs to check if it is not any kind of incompatibility. But I can confirm you that it is not a general problem.

Regards,

Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »

Benito, Hi.

I am one of those hidden users of your excellent additions, and this is only a "hey, this happened to me" note.

I have a SAS v2 installation highly modded,which was working fine with your previous QMB Pro and FMB Plus.

I installed your Combo, and yes, with it I can access the IL2 FMB from the quick mission screen and make modifications to this quick mission, and everyting is OK, so far.

However, I am also a FAN of the also excellent jg5_tigger Quick Mission Tool (QMT). I do not know if you have QOT or not, or if you know it, but to me it is essential, so I used the QOT markers on the quick mission, went out (Control + Esc) of IL2, call QOT and ..... no mission, the tittle appears OK in QOT, but no Map, no markers, no nothing.

Back to IL2, and I have my mission, this time with the "Markers" that I wanted to use in QOT.

For me, the solution is easy: stick with the reliable and excellent QMB Pro and FMB plus from Benito, and also with QOT from jg5_tigger, after redoing (erasing the markers) on the quick mission that I was modifying before, however if I want to make modifications with QMT, I will have to redo, or perhaps import this quick from another of my IL2 installations (yes, I have lots of these).

I understand that you or any modder for that matter cannot be aware of all variations of IL2 we users may have, so please take this as a simple note from me that could be or not useful to you, and this may be checked by someone else using this QMT,because your combo is Beta and as such being tested and perhaps subject to modifications, and not all of us users have necessarily same the combination of programs or Installations that I have.

Mil Gracias y Saludos cordiales de:

HC

HC,
              sorry for the delay in the response. I really don't know the QOT Tool. And yes, it is clearly a non-standard case and it is very hard to have those kind of special MODs covered in any new development.

Saludos y lamento no poder darte una mejor respuesta.

Pablo

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 02:45:35 AM »

I had a similar problem, I changed the font, I've used fonts of Ecran-Wide 2 ~ WideScreen Support for Il2:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1472.0.html
Thanks. That fixed it for me. Just pasted Ecran_Wide into the Mods folder and disabled all the sub folders except for fonts.

gianluca

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »

hi Pablo, I have indeed Frogs Formation Mod installed, the latest 1.31 version.
I try later disabling it and look what happens.
I have another install on a external hard disk and there these mods together work (the maps too I mean...) but on the same install I'm not able to let properly work the new POV mod based on the Bf109 Cockpit Pack v4 as weel as the Bf109 mirror mod, so, you see it's really quite strange this game...
Have a nice day!
Gianluca

gianluca

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2010, 05:01:18 PM »

tried Pablo and it was a no go, either disabling or enabling MissionCombo or Frogs Formation alternatively or together; the one that causes on my install the no load memory issue is MissionCombo.
I can't really figure why but that is unfortunately....
PS: forgot to say I run UP 2.01 but gave a try in a vanilla UP install with a MODS folder containining the sas modact for UP and this mod and still I had the issue.

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 08:58:06 AM »

Sorry Gianluca if I reply a your post but I have also installe it on a vanilla and SAS 2.3 and all work fine!

Try again with the correct iter:

4.08m + 4.09m + SAS modactivator 2.3 and then install only this one and the wide screen!

cheers

walter

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 02:04:57 PM »

Si Gianluca,
                  this isn't anything general, apart from visual issues (something related to the original desing of the IL-2), nobody reported similar behaviours, and as I told you, I'm unable to reproduce the failure.

So, if you find the solution (I hope), please be so kind to post it here as to give others (if any) the chance of solving it.

Ciao,
               Pablo

HeavyCrasher

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 06:03:13 PM »

Hi Pablo, appreciate your answer to my post :)

My next step is to wait for a more advanced version of your MPC and test it together again with the QOT that I have installed, and see what happens; meanwhile best regards and thanks for such a fine present from you for this community.

Gracias y Exito!!

HC

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2010, 01:09:51 AM »

What is QOT? Do you mean QMT ?
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2010, 03:53:35 AM »

no, there's QMT (quick Mission Tuner) and QOT (quick Object Tool), which i think he's referring to. I actually d/l'd this years back via the Oobie forums, but kinda forgot about it since the modding madness began...haven't used it in yonks...
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 27 queries.