Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tib: Archangelsk V 1.0  (Read 16667 times)

kapteeni

• Modder
Tib: Archangelsk V 1.0
« on: September 16, 2009, 01:22:12 PM »

Hi all!
Team International Brigade is happy to announce new Map: Archangelsk.
You find more detailed information and link, where you can download the beta version, at AAA website:
http://www.allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19722

Allright! Here it is finally. Team Internatinal Brigades New map: Arcgangelsk! Textures and lanscape + inflight maps are made by mr. Agracier. Historical research, geographical advises, populating and final touches by kapteeni.

Original AAA DL v1.0 Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/?f2zmhdzwuyj

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: Team International Brigade presents: Archangelsk V 1.0
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:43:51 AM »

Hang on a minute it says over at AAA that this map needs AAA's UI?  ???

That is something of a standard disclaimer ... when making maps it is sometimes difficult to keep track of which objects come from which mod packs, especially when it comes to airfields. Mappers often make use of pre-existing templates of objects. That's why we prefer to advise people to have UI installed, that way no relevant objects will be missing. Mostly this is for the Lal_Hangar and Lal_Fortification objects ...

But it is of course entirely possible that people have already installed these new objects on their own.

On this particular map, the object density is quite low and nothing special was added that I know of. Certainly no Egypt Houses Objects ... ha ha

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 01:41:14 AM »

That's 'Nonsense': I installed it in my SAS mod activated game and it works like a charm. I don't remember that I need special objects or something more to run it.

And if: ALL maps runs with SAS ModActivator. In some cases you must have the relevant objects and a working static.ini etc., that's all.

Gerax
All the AAA maps works fine with SAS. The AAA "disclaimer" text is  only for whiners. It means that if you have installed latest AAA UI, we can quarantee that the maps works at least for those settings. There are lot's of ppl that are not familiar with modded maps..

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »

'That's only possible with ...' is a sentence picked up in the marketing divisions of large companies (long ago I had the 'pleasure'  to have IBM and Microsoft as distributors ...) :D

Gerax
;D
Welcome to the capitalism, baby! (Joking)
We have stumbled several times with ppl who want's to upload mods that are  not even their makings and filestructure is a mess....
That's why we need somekind of rules. It is sad, but that's the way it works.

Kapteeni
PS! Don't ya all think that the Archangelsk map is a beauty?

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 12:37:25 PM »

When I flew to the home base after bombing harbour ships (the russian fighters were all far away)  I had time to have a look outside the cockpit and I was astonished. I don't know what it is exactly, the brown soil or something else, but I thought to myself: yes, thats realistic, SO i allways imagined this landscape when reading books with stories of the war in the north

Some QMB missions would be great indeed. And on brown earth - well, that's one my obsessions I guess. Most maps are usually so predominantly green which seems in contrast to the colors one sees when driving around. And brown often feels so warm and deep toned ...

of course on maps for Il-2 it's often a matter of happenstance as to what looks nice ... but brown does play a part ...

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 01:42:47 AM »

Hello all,
I can't save FMB missions. Ran the "shift/tab" test and I got this message:
INTERNAL ERROR:Can't open file '3do/Buildings/Airdrome/Maskingnet4/Live.sim'
WARNING object '3do/Buildings/Airfrome/Maskingnet4/live.sim' of class 'SIM' not loaded.
I checked and I have "Maskingnet" included in my 'airdrome' (full path, MODS/STD/3do/Buildings/Airdrome/Maskingnet)
Could it be a corrupt file or something? Can I replace it? If yes, where can I get hold of the original? Many thanks

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 02:17:34 AM »

Maskingnet4 is different than Maskingnet if you want to be sure that you have all that is requested try the static.ini check tool available at this site:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,762.0.html

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:19 AM »

So I did, thanks for the tip
Here is what I get as missing objects:

buildings.House$ChainHomeLow
buildings.House$Furniturebale
buildings.House$Furniturebaletall
buildings.House$FurnitureSandbags_Round2
Any clues as to their origin?

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 02:59:16 AM »

ChaineHomeLow is part of Canon's Object series, the rest I don't remember but most probably is all part of the same set of objects because he has a bale in the set and maskingnet4 is also part of the same series 

Korrigan

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 03:18:57 AM »

I had the same problem and I found the first three objects in the UI1.1 (mods\ObjectsMap). If I remember well, the Sandbags_Round is a stock 4.09 object but the entry was missing in my static.ini, I added it manually like this:

[buildings.House$FurnitureSandbags_Round2]
Title Sandbags_Round2
MeshLive 3do/Buildings/Furniture/Sandbags_Round/live.sim
MeshDead
AddHeightLive 0.6
AlignToLand 0
Body RockMiddle
Panzer 0.60

Hope this will help...
Philippe

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 04:43:29 AM »

SOLVED!!!! 8)
Took advantage of the day off and WHAT AN EPIC STRUGGLE it was! All objects are Cannon objects, from the beta Channel map edition which I had previously downloaded but with obvious faults. So, I d/laded it again, installed it to a Temp folder, extracted all missing Cannon objectsa to my MODS/STD/3do/... and to Cannon Objects Mod, found and copied all relevant lines to my static ini (detective work!) and, FINALLY, the map is complete, I can save missions!
BTW, awesome work on the map!
PS. Corrigan, thanks a lot!

darky1958

• Ne discere cessa.....
Re: Tib: Archangelsk V 1.0
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 07:25:15 AM »

Hi
All links to d/l are dead.
I am looking for  a Link to d/l the map.
Regards

Darky
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 27 queries.