Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Fw-190 Complete Cockpit Packs  (Read 38208 times)

Badmuthafunker

Re: Fw-190 Complete Cockpit Packs
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 03:10:26 PM »

Thanks for all your efforts CirX.

Unfortunately, where the 4.09 version crashed my 4.10 & 4.101 games, this one freezes the latter; to such an extent that I have to turn off my computer. I've run a classcheck, with no conflicts revealed.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 03:39:17 PM »

Thanks for all your efforts CirX.

Unfortunately, where the 4.09 version crashed my 4.10 & 4.101 games, this one freezes the latter; to such an extent that I have to turn off my computer. I've run a classcheck, with no conflicts revealed.

realy? 4.09 mods crash 4.10 installs? ::)

So, with the 4.10 version, in which way does the game freeze? and when?

Badmuthafunker

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »

I tested the original 4.09 version before your update. I'm not stupid enough to download and install a 4.09 mod into 4.101. Sorry to have bothered you.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »

Dont take me so seriously :P I appologise for the comment my friend. I am interested in finding out what freezes you game and fixing it, because your post may alarm people to not use the mod.

Please give details. How does it freeze, what plane, what other mods have you?  ect.

Badmuthafunker

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 03:44:35 AM »

No worries CirX. ;)

I've been more than a bit distracted by a certain new mod pack! I'll keep you informed on my tests, but so far F8 is definitely a problem for me. The difficulty with these tests is each time I get a freeze, I have to shut down my computer via the on/off button; which is time consuming, and doesn't do it a lot of good.

Thanks again for your work.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 04:22:36 AM »

Ah...do you mean, the F-8 causes the crash. You dont have to test them all, we can focus on the one.

Please describe exaclty what you do to achive the crash, what mission, what map, planes,ect. I have had no problems with the F-8.

Also, do a complete and detailed search of your MODS and FILES folders for any of the following named files:

02CFD770DE3EF8B4
5B1100D6F14DC314
699389DC92C8C240
97AA287437BC8E3E
BDECF442E7928D24

Let me know if you find any of them.

And the same search for all folders named "FW-190F-8".

You will find one in the Fw190_CockpitsPack_SAScomplete_v1.2_for_4.101 folder of course, but I would like to know if you find any others.

Badmuthafunker

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 06:40:09 AM »

OK,

I set up a single plane in QMB pro combo, Berlin blue scramble (which I've modified in FMB for night fighter missions, so will be different to yours), or net mountains. As soon as I start the engine, or lower flaps the game/computer freezes in both maps. I've also had the problem with the Doras, but not in the net mountains map. I think it may be the texture size in the cockpits. I can't run Freddy's P-51s/47s, but, surprisingly, all the pits in the 1956 pack work like a dream. I should add that since my graphics card fried, I'm using the integrated chipset.

I ran the search in mods (the only other F-8 folders in my set-up are the cowling mod, and Wolffighter's pilots, which contain no class files), and drew a blank.

Thanks for your help CirX.  :)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 02:05:26 PM »

OK. Now, in this version of the mod, there are no classfiles connected to the F8. So, if the fault is with the mod, it will be in the 3do folder.

You mentioned the texture sizes, but that is very unlikely, as the textures of this mod are actualy quite small.

Can you verify, just so we are clear, that you game version is 4.101 , not 4.10, and that the modact you have on it is 2.72, nothing else, and that the QMB Pro you have is this one https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,12246.0.html

The very first thing to do is remove the mod, redownload it, and reinstall it. If that does not work, we move on to quick tests:

Please do the following test:

1 Uninstall QMB pro, back up and remove your custom missions, replace the stock missions (if you lost them, you can find them again in your 4.10 and 4.l101 downloads), and try to recreate the problem. If it still crashes, try next step.
2 If it still crashes, remove all other installed mods, and try again.

If none of that helps, we move on to deeper testing:

You have to do these steps while the game is not loaded, and each time restart the game for the new mod structure to load.
1 First off, remove FW-190F-8 folder from the mod, and see if it still happens. If it does, stop and let me know. Otherwise carry on
2 Then , replace the folder , and inside the folder, remove all the files except the hier.him. Try again.
3 Then do the reverce, replace all the files, and remove the hier.him file
4 Then, remove all the files , except the .tga files. try again.
5 Then , replace the hier.him file, so you only load the .tga's and the hier file.

This should tell us quite a bit.

Also, it would be very good if you can test it on a clean 4.101 install with clean Modact 2.72 on. You can do this easily in your current install. Simply back up your MODS, FILES, and JSGMEMODS folder, and remove them from the game. Then copy those fresh folders from the modact, and just add the  Fw190 cockpit mod for 4.101 to the mods folder. Test the same then. If needed, make a Single Mission version of your berlin mission and fly it that way, since you will now be without QMBPro.

I know these are tedious. But needs to be done if we are to find the culprit.

Badmuthafunker

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 12:36:15 PM »

Hi CirX,

Yes, v4.101, modact 2.72 with this mission pro combo: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,12198.msg128321.html (sorry mate, your link's just to the index page).

Time's tight at the moment, I'll get back to you on the test results.

Thanks again.

Badmuthafunker

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 08:09:23 PM »

It's not your mod CirX, I've just had the same crash with an Me-262 Nachtjaeger. My sincere apologies for your trouble.

Edit: It turns out it was a bug with CY6's ground control mod.  :-[

R6Rider

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »

Thank you!

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 02:20:34 PM »

Weird Im running the 262NJ, the 190 cockpits, and CY6's mod and no problems.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 24 queries.