Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: New map for CENTRAL MED.  (Read 53001 times)

Dinosbacsi

Re: New map for CENTRAL MED.
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 06:06:30 AM »

Now I see in the readme, it needs Maraz Central Mediterranean mod map. And where can I get the Maraz Central Mediterranean mod map? I don't find it.

Dinosbacsi

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 07:43:53 AM »

What, it's just a repaint? O.o

dsawan

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010, 01:50:19 PM »

i added all the objects from the first page into the mod folder and the map loads up. When you go to file then click play or fly, it does not take you to the briefing scren like the default maps do. Am I missing anything else?

stockplane

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 05:33:00 AM »

The map work fine in campaign and mission but in mission builder i can't save the mission. Can anyone explain me? Thanks.

Dinosbacsi

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 09:32:10 AM »

If you can't save mission, that's because you havn't got all teh objects what needs for this map =D

redko

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 11:31:17 AM »

What, it's just a repaint? O.o

"Just" ??.
A good repaint is quite equivalent to rebild the map from zero. You can't say "just".
In the case the populating has been redone, there is new airfields, new objects, new textures....it's a new map, it just use some original files.

There is many maps in Il2, stock or not, that would need "just" a repaint like this one. The game would be much better.

Dinosbacsi

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 11:36:04 AM »

No no no. I said "just" a repaint, because I want to know, I need the original one to make it work?
It's "just" a repaint, so I need the original one? And where can I find it?

redko

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 12:06:58 PM »

No no no. I said "just" a repaint, because I want to know, I need the original one to make it work?
It's "just" a repaint, so I need the original one? And where can I find it?

If you have UP you already have the orginal map.
For this one to work you don't need the old one, the map comes with all the necessay files. So you don't need the orginal one.
The only thing i would recommand to you is that as this map is a real improvement of the original one...make this map the default one.

For all the ancient mission/campain using Central map, you will have to edit the ".mis" file for each mission by puting instead of

MAP mrz_Centmed/mrz_centmed_load.ini

this

MAP mrz_Centmed/GW_centmed_load.ini

Personally - and if you want to have just one map once for all (too many maps sometimes)  i will delet the old map and replace with this one by renaming ALL the files included on the "mrz_Centmed" file by erasing the prefix GW....

For exemple instead of "GW_actors.static" i rename it "actors.static"....for all the files. But well.....if you just rename the .mis files for each mission files it's maybe enough for you, you will be able to play all the old missions with this map.

And if when playing an old mission you have an error message saying "string index out of rang"....just open the .mis file, go down to "house" section and delete all what you have there. And save. Relaunch the game and it will work.

Dinosbacsi

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 01:58:12 PM »

I havn't got the original, only this, it works if it shows the "drawes" map, but if the real 3D map apeears in FMB, my game crash :(

redko

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 03:34:20 PM »

I havn't got the original, only this, it works if it shows the "drawes" map, but if the real 3D map apeears in FMB, my game crash :(

What's the pack you are using? UP? Sas?

Dinosbacsi

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2011, 08:54:15 AM »

SAS Modact ^^

fritzofpeace

• semi-erect
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 03:18:40 PM »

I may have stumbled upon a solution for Dino, and anyone else who runs 4.10 Sas modact without the original mraz cent med map.
I too got the strange game lock up in FMB with this remake by Gilb57. Read this string and thought I would wait for someone to figure it out.
Eventually, I went to my old map mods folder that I saved from 4.09 and started looking for possible cent med files that were in the original map (which I had working under 4.09) which didn't show up now that I'd loaded Gilb57's version.
Dino!
Go to:
mods/mapmods/map/tex/land
in your game folder

Check for the following four TGA files:
mrz_pantell_air_Fields       
mrz_sebkha_Fields
mrz_Tunisia_Factory  (this one will be there twice, in a 769 kb size and a 3,073 size)

I'm willing to bet you won't find them there.
When I copied these files from my old folder and dropped them in

mods/mapmods/maps/tex/land

PRESTO!  Gilb57's beautiful remake of the excellent Cent Med map came up with no problems and missions save on it! ;D

Dino, I've no idea on how or where I could post these TGA's here at SAS,
but, if you will email me at
fritzofpeace@aol.com
I will email them to you.
Be sure to include "Dinobsbacsi" in your email subject line, so I'll know it's you and not delete it as spam.

And thank you, Gilb57!  She's a gem! :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 24 queries.