Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Minimap v2.3 - Updated Oct 12th, multimode GUIPad  (Read 53674 times)

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
Re: Minimap v2 - Almost finished PAL multimode GUIPad
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 05:09:07 AM »

This is great. :) I already use V1 and I'm happy to see this update. Thank you. :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

SAS~Skipper

• .. geese fly ...
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 05:40:40 AM »

OGOGO! It's just wonderful! a dream of an idiot, my dream!

Fusek

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 05:51:25 AM »

Very nice idea, will try it out asap! Thanks!

Ramone

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 05:53:09 AM »

Always loved this mod - excellent and cool! Thanx.

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 06:11:11 AM »

I was big fan of v1, glad to see new version. BTW, what clouds mod are u using Benitomuso?

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 07:14:51 AM »

This mods is ok with zuti mods?

Pepe,
            no, I haven't stated that (I'm going to do that right now), but it is not compatible with Zuti MDS, that's the only incompatibility of the MOD.

I made the original one compatible with the version 1.1 of Zuti, but since then, when he changed a couple of things on the way the maps are shown, etc., re-writing a lot of code each new MDS version is too boring. I talked with Zuti about doing some kind of arrangement on keeping basic things untouched, to avoid other MODs like this one to be Zuti version dependants, but still we haven't solved the situation.

Cheers,
                  Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 07:17:51 AM »

Awesome but have two small problems
1. how to change map zoom? since right mouse button is now for menu
2. When i trying to switch to Relative mode my map disappear and when i pres ESC menu is switched to the map area and i cant do anything beside ctr,alt,del to turn off game

Hi Satan,

yes, Malone gave you the right explanations. The map zoom is performed with the mousewheel. As he said it covers more than the 95% of the users, but it's true that not all of them.

The ESC key (with or without a mouse wheel) should close the minimap and send you back to the original view where you were. As I commented above, the only incompatibility is with Zuti MDS, are you using this MOD?

Regards,
                      Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 07:23:14 AM »

I was big fan of v1, glad to see new version. BTW, what clouds mod are u using Benitomuso?

Thanks Maty. I use the OLC FPS Boost V2 for my clouds. It works quite good.

Regards,
                    Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 07:40:26 AM »

Wow. This is what I've been waiting for for years. Thank you so much for this mod. Now nightfighting feels really real. The frontal radar works beautifully.

Just one question - what is the maximum range of the frontal radar? It seems to be about 3000m - is that right?

Great job!

CY6.

Thank you CY6. The facts about the range are not so easy to be determined. I tell you why:

-The frontal radar uses an orthogonal projection over the plane of the cockpit. So it basically gives you the same range that the original minimap offered to you at that zoom scale. As you may have seen, here in all the maps I reduce the size of the icons (or phosphorus spots), according to distance, but with equations more empiric than strictly formal. When the icon extints due to the reduction of size, is something that was not confirmed by me.

-The radial one is more complicated, because it doesn't use simple projections (as I was using in V1, this is one of the most important but less seen changes in V2). The echoes of the objects in a radar, are basically seen as the representation of distances (time of return for the signal), so an object only 10m ahead you and 10m to the right, if it is 10km over or lower, will be shown very apart of your own plane in the radar (because the real distance is high, you have to fly "a lot" to reach the other object).

This is one of the reasons why the units I draw in the screen radar are just virtual, but I preserved the 6 (or 5, I don't remember exactly), zoom levels of the stock minimap.

I hope this explanations helps.

Regads,
                   Pablo

Chewaca

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 08:18:01 AM »

Great mod, a must in any case, but...would be too much work make a version compatible with the Ecran Wide Mod?
With both mods the thing looks a little too much big

With both mods

Only ecran wide

Thanks anyway for you great work

Satan

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 08:32:14 AM »

Hi Benitomuso
No im not using ZutiMDS other map mods works ok only this Relative mode  gives me trouble

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 08:36:45 AM »

Great mod, a must in any case, but...would be too much work make a version compatible with the Ecran Wide Mod?
With both mods the thing looks a little too much big

Thanks anyway for you great work

Hi Chewy,
                  I never used the Ecran Wide MOD so I don't know exactly how it works. If you re-position the map dragging it to the corresponding zone of the screen (i.e. upper right corner), doesn't stay there? It should.

The only thing regarding position that is not standard is the "Navigation mode" that uses a frame proportional to the dimensions of the map, and it re-positions the minimap to be all seen on screen.

Please tell me what happens if you drag the map to another place and never change to Navigation mode. Is the position remembered exiting and re-entering the game?

Cheers,
                  Pablo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 28 queries.