Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Minimap v2.3 - Updated Oct 12th, multimode GUIPad  (Read 53621 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: Minimap v2 - Almost finished PAL multimode GUIPad
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 08:39:06 AM »

Hi Benitomuso
No im not using ZutiMDS other map mods works ok only this Relative mode  gives me trouble

Satan,
               another thing: in relative mode you should not see the map itself. Because it would require a permanent recalculation/rotation of the graphic map, something that is a little demanding for the processor. You only see the position of the icons and your plane inside the frame, nothing else. That's correct.

Regards,
                         Pablo

Chewaca

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 08:58:06 AM »

No Pablo the problem is not the position of the map, it's the aspect ratio.
If you look in the first image, you can see the border s map square, leaving a translucid zone very annoying, at least for me
And the size is too big if you compare the 2 maps, I'm sure that if you download the Ecran wide mod and take a look inside of the gui folder you will see the differences at the moment
Like the fonts of the text when open the contextual menu, they apeear oversized comparing to your image at the begin of the post.

Thanks anyway,and keep the good work

f Wulf

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 09:50:33 AM »

Hello,

first excuse me for my bas english; I'm not good.

Can you explain me why my game stops at 70% during the chargement since I installed the minimap v2 MOD; However I don't have the ZUTI MDS MOD.

Thank

f Wulf

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »

Great mod. I'll be using this all the time now.
Thanks for your work so far.

Ashe

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »

Hello,

first excuse me for my bas english; I'm not good.

Can you explain me why my game stops at 70% during the chargement since I installed the minimap v2 MOD; However I don't have the ZUTI MDS MOD.

Thank

f Wulf

Hi f,
          I don't undestand what could be causing that hang up. That was a typical problem with Zuti MDS, if you are sure it is not installed, I suggest to find if there is another MOD which has any of the same files of the ones you will find in the directory of my MOD (is a tough work).

Have you mantained the 00_ name of the Folder? It helps making it to load before other MODs.

If nothing works send me a list of the MODs you have installed.

Regards,
                     Pablo

F22-Raptor-2006

• Aviator Mod Team
  • SAS Honourable Member
    • Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »

wow benitomuso, that's great this is a great improvement! I love how the briefing thing basically works now as well, well done mate. Must try it now! :P

Wish you good luck on the future of this project ;)

Oh and an idea on the briefing information screen, if there is to be no background colour and just white text perhaps there is a way to implement something like this to the text: Stroking the edges with black at a width of 1-2 pixels. However this is probably quite complicated to do I'm not sure if it is possible or not but it would mean that the text is more visible in any colour situation. An easier alternative is to probably give it some 20% opacity black background or even come to think of it it would look quite cool if it was like a board with a sheet of paper on it and then writing is then on that paper :P That would work quite well I think. I can assist with making the background for that if you want.

Neil Lowe

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 06:31:10 PM »

Hi benitomuso,

I tried the mod by disabling the Zuti MDS mod, and it works fine. Thank-you.

I just love the zoom in/out function with the mouse wheel.  Is there any possibility that you could please produce a version with just the mouse wheel zoom in/out function alone? Would this still be incompatible with Zuti's MDS mod?

Cheers, Neil :)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 10:17:32 PM »

Oh and an idea on the briefing information screen, if there is to be no background colour and just white text perhaps there is a way to implement something like this to the text: Stroking the edges with black at a width of 1-2 pixels. However this is probably quite complicated to do I'm not sure if it is possible or not but it would mean that the text is more visible in any colour situation. An easier alternative is to probably give it some 20% opacity black background or even come to think of it it would look quite cool if it was like a board with a sheet of paper on it and then writing is then on that paper :P That would work quite well I think.
Hi Raptor!

I checked most of the options you suggest. The problem is the strange way the IL-2 classes are implemented. There are hundred of interdependencies. If you use a non-transparent frame, you cannot write over the minimap screen. The image of the frame (or theoric background) appears over the text and you don't see anything.

I tried many ways of overcoming that difficulty but I gave up bored of checking. Something similar happened to me with the content of the brief itself. I tried tens of different ways of retrieving the status if the Primary and Secondary Targets are or not complete. And I couldn't never find a way, so this is the reason it is not implemented.

The other thing is that all the multi-line text functions of IL-2 don't work on the frame used for the minimap. So rendering all the text there is not an easy function, and you have to write a full routine to divide in lines, etc.

If anybody knows those specific things and want to collaborate with me, we can finish the MOD but I don't want to spend more of my own time in the briefing.

Cheers,
                     Pablo

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 10:21:07 PM »

Hi benitomuso,

I tried the mod by disabling the Zuti MDS mod, and it works fine. Thank-you.

I just love the zoom in/out function with the mouse wheel.  Is there any possibility that you could please produce a version with just the mouse wheel zoom in/out function alone? Would this still be incompatible with Zuti's MDS mod?

Neil, yes, it would be still MDS incompatible. My first (-1.0) version of this MOD did what you suggest: only the mousewheel on the standard minimap. I should have it somewhere, let me check if I can find it.

Regards,
                   Pablo

Neil Lowe

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »

Thanks Pablo,

That would be most appreciated :)

F22-Raptor-2006

• Aviator Mod Team
  • SAS Honourable Member
    • Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 03:41:35 AM »

Hi Raptor!

I checked most of the options you suggest. The problem is the strange way the IL-2 classes are implemented. There are hundred of interdependencies. If you use a non-transparent frame, you cannot write over the minimap screen. The image of the frame (or theoric background) appears over the text and you don't see anything.

I tried many ways of overcoming that difficulty but I gave up bored of checking. Something similar happened to me with the content of the brief itself. I tried tens of different ways of retrieving the status if the Primary and Secondary Targets are or not complete. And I couldn't never find a way, so this is the reason it is not implemented.

The other thing is that all the multi-line text functions of IL-2 don't work on the frame used for the minimap. So rendering all the text there is not an easy function, and you have to write a full routine to divide in lines, etc.

If anybody knows those specific things and want to collaborate with me, we can finish the MOD but I don't want to spend more of my own time in the briefing.

Cheers,
                     Pablo

Ah okay, don't worry then sometimes il2 is gay like that XD

F22-Raptor-2006

• Aviator Mod Team
  • SAS Honourable Member
    • Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 05:57:28 AM »

On further testing the briefing thing still doesn't fully work with all maps. Sometimes it doesn't find the briefing file and sometimes it does but doesn't quite display what the briefing says but some other information. Needs a bit more tweaking I think.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 23 queries.