Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B-25B Mitchell - "The Ruptured Duck"  (Read 5247 times)

irisheyes

B-25B Mitchell - "The Ruptured Duck"
« on: August 24, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »

On 18 April 1942, a little over 4 months after Pearl Harbor the Doolittle Raid was launched from the USS Hornet to bomb Tokyo. The US needed a moral booster as there was little but bad news from both fronts of the war.

"The Ruptured Duck" was a North American Aviation B-25B Mitchell (S/N 40-2261), which was piloted by Lt. Ted W. Lawson from the 95th Bombardment Squadron, USAAC. It participated in the Doolittle Raid commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Jimmy Doolittle, but after bombing Tokyo on the return leg, Lawson ditched the "The Ruptured Duck" in the sea near Shangchow, China, being too low on fuel to fly back to an air base. A different B-25 is on display at the Pacific Aviation Museum in the colors and livery of "The Ruptured Duck". from Wikipedia

The story of this plane and it's heroic crew was accurately portrayed in the movie, "30 Seconds Over Tokyo", starring Van Johnson as Lt. Lawson and Spencer Tracy as Col. Doolittle. It is a "Must See" for any WWII airwar enthusiasts.

NOTE - This fixes the number markings on the port side tail
B-25B Mitchell (fix)- "The Ruptured Duck"-https://www.mediafire.com/?3kxfs5hsql302kb

It CAN be done!

Wad_Cutter

Re: B-25B Mitchell - "The Ruptured Duck"
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 01:29:02 PM »

Is the link for this skin down?

irisheyes

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 09:54:57 PM »

I just tried it and it worked.

New Kle Ahr

• I got nuked!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:59:10 AM »

... and I thought my graphic looks awesome ...

Wad_Cutter

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 12:01:33 PM »

Yep, all is good. The link works. Thanks irisheyes for a real treat to fly. Nice job. Not that I'm not grateful for I am but if only we had the CV 8 Hornet to go along with it. Just not the same to fly off another aircraft carrier but it's going to be fun. Thanks again.

irisheyes

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 10:08:45 PM »

Thanks! I fixed a problem I found with the port side tail numbers. You can download the fix above. AND you CAN take off from a carrier if you like. There is a Doolitle Raid mission around somewhere.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 24 queries.