Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SASSoundz ~ Corsairs  (Read 7885 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
SASSoundz ~ Corsairs
« on: September 11, 2009, 08:38:38 AM »

SASS SoundMod for all Corsairs

Credits for this:
Both Options culled from the HSFX v3 and V4 packs.

S! To
Charlie Chap
SG2_Wasi

Any others please let me know Charlie.

In the process of making this I ended up with two versions. Both are from HSFX courtecy of Charlie Chap.
I prefer the one I put in, but I include the optional one for you to try. Simply disable the one and enable the other.(you will have to restart your game if you do this)

S!Charlie!

SASS stand for Special Aircraft Service Sounds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are individualized sound mods for the VERY discerning user.
They are placed in the MODS folder, and thereby override similar files in the files folder. But don't worry! All the wav files contained in these have completely unique names !

Having them separately like this in your mods folder makes trouble shooting, and more importantly, customizing and mixing, extremely easy.
Simply refer to the latest SAS Sound Matrix, and create your own masterpieces by copying and renaming some files!

And to remove a new sound? Just remove the folder from your mods folder, or place a minus ( "-" ) in front of the folder's regular name.
In fact, you can name these folders whatever you wish!

So, "Corsair Motor SASS" can be renamed to "Betty Sue was Blue"...Whatever you want, to make your mods folder neat and tidy for you. As long as the files and folders INSIDE the mod are not renamed (they start of with "presets" and "samples" folders)

Thus, to install, place the appropriate folder inside your mods folder.

These files are tested in a Professional Sound studio, and tested with all Sound setting set to "default", with no extensions.
Even so, you may have some issues on your highly customized rig. One size never fits all in the computer world, does it?
But then, since we did not plonk a whole bag with hundreds of files all stashed together inside your game, you can easily take it out if you don't like it.

All SASS mods are all standardized at 22KHz and 16bits. They are designed for a great balance between weight and quality. In most cases they are reworks or repacks of other sound mods.

These mods mostly work only with the SAS Buttons files. Use the latest one always.

S!

SAS~CirX
 :)

Schatten

• My Muddled Screenshots
Re: SASSoundz ~ Corsairs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 02:37:33 PM »

How the hell did I miss this?

Must...try...new...sounds!

;D

rclark

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 08:46:55 AM »

Best sounds I have found for the Corsair by far----thank you very much for sharing with the community----
cheers--rclark--

duffys tavern

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »

Very nice, How can these be used for the P-47?

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 01:52:29 PM »

If you use sas buttons, then grab the soundmatrix in the buttosn thread and change the filenames as needed.

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 02:10:08 PM »

now i know it says put the folders into my mods folder, but i am still confused, i just dont understand how it will be incorperated with my corsair if the sound files are not in the corsair folder. i am also looking to put this sound with the f6f's and the p-47's since they are the same motors. but mainly all i am seeing to do is put it in my mods folder i will do that unless you tell me diffrent. can i put the sound files in the plane folders?

it does not matter if this mod is not in your plane's folder, the game will pick it up as soon as it finds the motor.R2800.prs file in C:/yourIL2 install/MODS/Whatever you name the folder/presets/sounds/...

But of you like, you can put the mod's presets and samples folders in a folder of corsairs. But as you will see, it does not matter what the folders inside your mods folder are called, as long as the folders and files WITHIN them are names correctly.

The names of the main folders in the MODS folder, are nameable so you can change the order in which they load.They load alphabetically.

You can then also easily assing the P47's or any other plane, to use them.
You download the latest SAS buttons (without whcih this mod wont work perfectly anyway) and inside you will find an XLS spreadsheet with the SAS soundmatix in. In there you will see what planes use which prs file.

So, in it you will see that the P47's for example, use
motor.PrattWhitney_R-2800_Series.prs
and that the Hellcats use the same file.

Now, take your motor.R2800.prs  from this mod, and make a copy of it in the same folder you found it in, and rename the copy to motor.PrattWhitney_R-2800_Series.prs

then your Hellcats and P47's will use this soundset.

That is of course unless, in your MODS folder, there is another motor.PrattWhitney_R-2800_Series.prs file in another soundmod, that is named in such a way so that it loads before this mod's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 23 queries.