Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Campaign: "The Kammhuber Line"  (Read 16087 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
New Campaign: "The Kammhuber Line"
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:32:34 AM »

UPDATED VERSION!

After trying out "Happy valley", the excellent Nightfighter map by CY6 and Ash (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,3554.0.html), I couldn't help myself, so I built a campaign for it. It is called "The Kammhuber Line".

In it you are a German pilot, flying the Bf110 and a central part of the so called Kammhuber Line, a German defense against RAF Bomber Command that stretched across Western Europe. It was named after its creator, the brilliant Luftwaffe Generalleutenant Josef Kammhuber.

The campaign aims to portray action over Belgium and Northern France from late 1941 until the late spring of 1942. This period saw some major shifts in tactics from both sides, the most radical being the RAF introduction of the so called "Bomber Stream", something directly prompted by the success of the Kammhuber Line. Your main opponents are Wellingtons and Halifaxes (thanks Ranwers!) but you can also run into RAF Intruders and Night fighters.

It is has now undergone major overhaul, and is available in version 2.0!

• Implemented the C&C Ground Control Intercept by CY6 on all missions, giving you a much more realistic Nighfighter experience.
  • Added one new mission with on-board radar (FuG-202).
  • Changed aircraft from Bf110G2 to Bf110E1 (correct for the time period of 1941-42)
  • Added the Ju-88C6 as AI aircraft in some missions.
  • Added one mission with on-board radar - for the Bf-110G4.
  • added radio Beacon on the Base, plus Grossdeutscher Rundfunk Radio station, plus BBC on mission 3.
  • Minor tweaks of briefings etc.
Note: the old 1.0 version of campaign is still supplied, in special folder.

You can download the campaign here: http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=711

Most missions are interception of RAF bombers, flying either to or from their target, except one, where you fly as a Night Intruder over England, where you mix with the returning bombers and attack them when they are most vulnerable: when they land at their home base. (The last Luftwaffe Intruder missions were flown during this period. They worked well, but were actually stopped on direct orders from Hitler.) Included in this campaign is 5 skins, made by the following skinners: Graf, Boelke, OPa and Max the Hitman. Thanks guys for your work!

Thanks for looking!
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
Re: New Campaign: "The Kammhuber Line"
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »

Awesome! Thank you. Can't wait to try it :D

Snowleopard

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 11:07:59 AM »

That one I had been waiting for it.  Each time I see "Defense of German" I wonder if it will have night action add into...nope...finally see that one come out.  It will be more fun as 4.1 come out with working radar. MODS did great doing for us by add more night fighers in last 6 months. Thank all of you.

DarthSoldier

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:20:42 PM »

Hi Poltava,

I wanted to try your campaign but. Installation went quite smooth. But every mission starts withe the Bf 110 sitting broken on the runway(like after a belly landing with gear up). Do you have any idea what has happend and how to fix it? Already tried high and low ranks, but doesn't change anything.

Thanks in advance
Darth

Toasted_Toad

• Crashaholic
  • I come from a land "Down Under".
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 09:06:30 PM »

Cool Poltava,

Time to eat more carrots  ;D

@ Darthdude, have u got "Gear Damage FX 1.1" mod?

had to delete the FX to play other campaign (To lose a Battle, great campaign) with same problem.

Cheers Guys,

TT.

DarthSoldier

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 05:52:36 AM »

Well, I'm using UP201. Don't know if it is included in there. I only activated '01_Zuti_MDS_1.13_UP' and '00_EFFECTS_Low'. Maybe it is in the MDS-MOD but I can't switch it of without loosing the needed aircrafts (Wellington, Halifax).

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 09:07:05 AM »

It certainly APPEARS to be the Gear damage mod. The campaign has been built with vanilla HSFX 4.11.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

DarthSoldier

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 06:42:11 AM »

I have disabled 'Zuti_MDS_v1.13' and now it's working. Seems that the Gear Damage Mod is included in there. Thanks m8s.

Cheers

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 08:13:02 AM »

Hi Poltava, This is great unlike the JU-88 and He-219 campaign where i start every mission on the belly of the aircraft, this one runs like a dream....Only one question is there a chance of you moding this for the BF-110G? so we can use Commmand and control?...Gary

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 11:56:02 PM »

I will update this one, hopefully soon, and make variants for the Bf-110  :)

NIGHTFIGHTER

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 10:52:04 AM »

Great News Poltava, will keep a lookout....Thanks

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 06:03:40 AM »

Version 2.0 avaliable!

This campaign has now undergone a major overhaul, mainly consisting in implementing the C&C Mod:

See the first page!

Note: the old 1.0 version of campaign is still supplied, in special folder.)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 25 queries.