Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: FaceTrackNOIR: facetracking without headset new 1.7.2 version released!!!! look  (Read 192333 times)

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
Re: facetracking without headset
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 10:03:32 AM »

After an afternoon of messing about, I came to this.

After installing WinXP SP3, uninstalling Skype, updating my cam's software, the SeeingMachines demo was still unable to find a cam attached to my system.
I highly suspect that it's caused by the cam drivers that are unsigned (non M$ logo drivers, was a warning I received while installing them).

System:
Dell Vostro 1500 notebook, Intel 2Ghz Dualcore, 1GB Ram
Windows XP English SP3
Cam: Creative Live! Cam VF0470 Notebook

So, unless Creative releases drivers that are actually proper, or SeeingMachines/FaceApi/TIRNoIR has a solution for this, i'm done for.
On my system, my cam is'nt listed under the usb devices (Hardware Device Manager > USB Root hubs), but under Imaging Devices and under Sound, Video & Game Controllers (built-in microphone).

Satan

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 10:43:37 AM »

So i download everything only to find out that it will not run on my pc i end with "application error: application was initialized incorrectly"  when trying to run it.

Guess i gonna have to repair my old freetrack

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 10:46:35 AM »

Hi Eexhaton,

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it does not work after all your effort. :'(
Thank you for at least trying again.

There's very little I can do about it. I'm using the non-commercial version of the faceAPI and that automatically searches and selects the first web-cam it finds. FaceTrackNoIR has no control over that and neither can it bypass this WDM-compatibility thing...

If other users have better experiences with the same web-cam: please post here!

V4Friend

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »

So i download everything only to find out that it will not run on my pc i end with "application error: application was initialized incorrectly"  when trying to run it.

Guess i gonna have to repair my old freetrack
Hi Satan,

So you don't get the ippcore error any more? I guess you get that new error with FaceTrackNoIR? Have you successfully tried the faceAPI demo program, to see if that works OK?

I seem to remember having seen the error myself once, but cannot quite recall how I solved it  :-[ Think it had something to do with the .NET dll's. Have to check that...

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 11:49:07 AM »

the SeeingMachines demo was still unable to find a cam attached to my system.
I highly suspect that it's caused by the cam drivers
(...)
Cam: Creative Live! Cam VF0470 Notebook
Both FaceTrackNoIR and the faceAPI rely on your Camera providing a WDM driver API.
As far as I can read from the Creative Labs support website, your camera driver package should include a WDM minidriver, but it also provides some other drivers, interfaces and enhanced applications, e.g. an integrated face tracking app.
I guess (I have to since I don't have the hardware to check) that either the WDM minidriver isn't installed at all (maybe it's an optional feature during installation) and/or there's some Creative Labs application occupying the WDM interface.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

shardana

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »

And now I'ts my turn..... well guys faceapi works on my vaio laptop but it doesn't give output to my il2 game, so if i want to use the demo almost no problems, sometimes i get back to desktop, but no use with the game. hope v4friend will come out with a simpler and better working version. I'll be the first to use it as i can't always have my freetrack headset with me. ciao

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 06:15:58 AM »

Both FaceTrackNoIR and the faceAPI rely on your Camera providing a WDM driver API.
As far as I can read from the Creative Labs support website, your camera driver package should include a WDM minidriver, but it also provides some other drivers, interfaces and enhanced applications, e.g. an integrated face tracking app.
I guess (I have to since I don't have the hardware to check) that either the WDM minidriver isn't installed at all (maybe it's an optional feature during installation) and/or there's some Creative Labs application occupying the WDM interface.

Best regards - Mike
Interesting find Mike,

I'll investigate this some more.
Atleast I know I never got any question or options during the installation of the pure driver package supplied by Creative.
The only thing I can imagine now, is that it perhaps is present within the added extra software. Since I have not installed any of that.

Is there a way to check if my WDM interface is occupied by any program?

I'm doing a googlesearch while typing this, so I expect to update this post some more.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »

just thought i'd pop in to say how much i'm enjoying this thread - this kind of software is really the way forward, i hope to see it almost as a standard one day.
for many different applications, and of course, especially for our beloved flight sims, i will l always support this kind of technology being advanced.
i've not tried this yet, but after being a satisfied freetrack user for well over a year now, i'll be sure to give it a try.
although it might be a pretty demanding crowd of users, any potential developers are sure to gain a lot by getting feedback, etc...so big up, guys, for this software!  8) ;D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

V4Friend

• FaceTrackNoIR
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »

just thought i'd pop in to say how much i'm enjoying this thread - this kind of software is really the way forward, i hope to see it almost as a standard one day.
for many different applications, and of course, especially for our beloved flight sims, i will l always support this kind of technology being advanced.
i've not tried this yet, but after being a satisfied freetrack user for well over a year now, i'll be sure to give it a try.
although it might be a pretty demanding crowd of users, any potential developers are sure to gain a lot by getting feedback, etc...so big up, guys, for this software!  8) ;D
Hello SAS~Malone,

Thanks for your enthusiastic response: that's what keeps us going :)
I agree that this is probably just a beginning and that perhaps 'full-body-tracking' will be used in real-3D-gaming one day?
For now I indeed hope to improve the program (and distribution method etc.) by processing the feedback of the users.

V4Friend

Eexhaton

• Ancient Entity
  • Modder
  • Bukakke Blitzkrieg!
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 03:22:12 AM »

Interesting find Mike,

I'll investigate this some more.
Atleast I know I never got any question or options during the installation of the pure driver package supplied by Creative.
The only thing I can imagine now, is that it perhaps is present within the added extra software. Since I have not installed any of that.

Is there a way to check if my WDM interface is occupied by any program?

I'm doing a googlesearch while typing this, so I expect to update this post some more.
Shameless self-quote here..

An afternoon of intense google-searching and installing several different drivers and additional software still produced no results.
It seems there is no such a thing as a wdm (or directshow) driver for my cam model.

I'm puzzled why it just won't work, as a small diagnostic program I found indicated my cam is working absolutely fine and seemingly has all required drivers.
My final and last guess is, that it does have something of a directshow/wdm driver somehwere, but it's not adressed by the software.
Anyhow, the end-result is the same as before, i'm forced to go back to freetrack.  :-\

The two things that irritated me completely though, has nothing to do with FacetrackNoIR but with Seeingmachines.
Their level of support for the demo and it's respective users is 0, zilch, noppes, nada, nothing.
You only get support with a full license..
The same thing applies to my cam manufacterer, Creative.. Their absence of cam specifications and very limited support on drivers is simply appalling.  :-X
End of rant :P

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 05:48:43 AM »

it might be helpful if we could get a list of webcams that are known to work with it - this'll also help to identify what potential differences we could expect... :)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

shardana

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 06:46:32 AM »

Well Malone mine is the standard vaio vgn-fz38m webcam, as i said it works with the demo, although i'm not able to use this software with il-2. hopefully v4friend will sort things out....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.