Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: USS Boxer, USS ValleyForge  (Read 33485 times)

slejsa

Re: USS Boxer, USS ValleyForge
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2010, 06:34:37 PM »

Hi!
I´ve a small problem. I would like use mods from this webpages, but I always read about MODS folder in "Read me". Where can I find this folder? There are folders bin, DGen, Files, ForceFeedback, GSData, HSFX, i18n, Intros, jsgmemods, lib, Missions, mod_slot_coop, NGen, PaintSchemes, Quicks, records, samples, Training and UPUpdate in D:\Programy\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. What´s in it are the MODS? Or can I create this file "somewhere"? I use Sturmovik 1946 with UP 2.01. Thank you in advance for your help and Flight Enjoy!

Killer Ghost

• Jet Member
  • Oorah
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2010, 08:13:22 PM »

Hi welcome to the sight.
 The read me is with almost every download. it dose not come with the game. what you do is create a folder on you desktop ( i call mine IL-2 DL), then you download and put the files from the downloads in the folder on your desktop.
When that's done open up the downloaded file and search it for a read me, then u do what it says.

I hope you enjoy the mods and this sight. Just remember to use the search button if you have a question, then u might find some 1 else asked and answered the question.

(SOS for bad spelling.)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »

hi slejsa, welcome to SAS!  :)
in many cases, if you do not have a MODS folder, simply create one in the root folder of your Il2 game. then you can start installing mods into this folder.
there are many good introduction/tutorial guides on the site, mostly they will be in the 'stickied' topics at the top of each section.
i recommend you take the time to read through these first, because they will help explain many of the basic info's needed for modding.
once you have read through these, it will be much clearer to you. if you then have a problem/question that you cannot solve by yourself with this info, then you can post for help in the Tech Help section.
happy flying!  :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 04:35:35 AM »

Can someone please test if this is working?This Catapult fix is based on AI_3_0_and_Carrier_Takeoff_5_3_3.

Hi mate!!

Sorry to bother you but I noticed that the classfiles are also into the Zuti Friction mod....is your fix compatible with it?

All the best!

walter

Wildchild

• Bf 109 Killer
    • This is my professional racing page. Please check it out!
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2011, 09:41:35 AM »

Hi

The line "CatapultBoost=1" in config.ini... where exactly does it have to go or it doesn't matter?

Thanks

I would like to know the same information, as i can never takeoff with enough speed. were does it have to be placed in the config.ini?

Also how do i get the catapults to work in UP3?

Kazegami

• target
  • Everyone is dumb, but some are dumber than others
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2011, 07:35:05 PM »

Hi

The line "CatapultBoost=1" in config.ini... where exactly does it have to go or it doesn't matter?

Thanks

I would like to know the same information, as i can never takeoff with enough speed. were does it have to be placed in the config.ini?

Also how do i get the catapults to work in UP3?

CatapultBoost=1 goes in the [Mods] section of the conf.ini
If there is no [Mods] section, just make one.

Code: [Select]
[Mods]

CatapultBoost=1

Also I really need some way to get the catapults working in UP3  :'(
DFTBA

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »

To maximise deck acceleration, I only select (or go through to) 'take off' flaps once the 'tail' has risen and is 'flying' and as soon as the gear leaves the end of deck I select gear up too and keep the controls as they are - slight nose up held while balancing yaw and roll smoothly until aircraft isn't at risk of splashing out.

I have experimented a little with having flaps (or elevator trim) 'secondary' mapped to my mousewheel (or an axis trim/slider,) as a flap-wheel can/could give better results after testing once you've found a setting for that plane & its selected fuel & weapon loadings, as sometimes for heavy or carrier take-offs, 'combat' flaps is too little angle (of lift verses acceleration loss/drag) but 'take off' to much to gain enough climbing speed for smoother/less control input - hence cleaner faster (overall) flying.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 07:21:04 AM »

In UP3 RC simply press Autopilot and see if catapult works for you or not.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Kazegami

• target
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2011, 09:41:58 AM »

Doesn't work in UP3. Autopilot does a rolling takeoff.
DFTBA

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »

Kazegami, either apply +20 Speed (use SAS search for CV speed and how to change) or practise day and night, you heard razor1uk,
a master speaking.

In my long experience with IL-2, years since Pacific Fighters came out, I could only T/O once without ditching in a fully loaded Corsair in default stock IL-2 FMB settings.
I flew one of these huge Campaigns from M4T and I was so freaked-out until I had it, then the next day,   :-\ I couldn't remember what I did , never happened again.  :'(
I read all the advises from Experts, still you must practice yourself, and that's the real point.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Kazegami

• target
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »

Getting off the deck isn't my problem. I can take off easy with no catapult. I just want realism :P
DFTBA

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »

fair enough, could be a missing line in the catipult enabling the A/C to use it?

I have flown ingame IL2 a very longtime offline & some understanding of real-life flight principles. But I'm no master though...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.