Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luftwaffe HD models personnel  (Read 2400 times)

stanislao

• Modder
Luftwaffe HD models personnel
« on: February 25, 2022, 07:17:33 AM »

:)   ;D    My boys, using a series of characters that Dimon had imported some time ago, I made a series of skins with uniforms suitable for a Luftwaffe airfield, you will find the commander, pilot officers, armed personnel and female auxiliary personnel. I think they can be useful for people ,like me,  who love the realistic scenarios in the screenshots of the airbases .. Have fun!

Link  :     https://www.mediafire.com/file/tf7zjefdw59rjzu/STATIC_umans_Luftwaffe-Personnel_by_Dimon.rar/file   

genXgamer

Re: Luftwaffe HD models personnel
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 09:11:50 AM »

G'day stanislao

These look great!

Really surprised we don't see these beautiful models used by mission builders.
Probably not too many people know about them being at IL 2 Air Combat.

Hope you can do the other packs as well.
Go in quickly - Punch hard - Get out!

Taypay

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 12:05:40 PM »

Out standing...so were are the rest of the Allies & Axis figures!
LOL
Semper Fi

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 02:02:24 AM »

The paint job is very nice but I have two issues with this whole series of figures which prevents me from using them in missions.

No shadows (that's a minor issue) and the posture (that is a big issue for me).

This looks like a spawn just glitched, sorry to sound blunt on this.

I have experience with posing tools like XNalara, I know a thing or two about posing and screenshooting digital figurines.
As a mission builder, I have so often browsed across them in FMB and simply passed them over because of that, and used the old, default low-res humans with the actual "I do something here" poses instead as background dressing.   :-[

The interesting thing is, Dimon did actually realistically pose a few of his high-rez figures (mainly the girls, go figure...), but at some point just stopped doing it at all, and went for higher output in that default stance. I do know very well that posing is a creative time consuming act. But given that the end result is just a static object nobody can handle anymore, I am a bit sad this opportunity got wasted very early on.

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 03:49:24 AM »

;D  I understand your point of view, dear Vampire, I do not agree with your choice on the use of the default puppets, I have always found them horrible and impractical even for a grazing screenshot. I use intensely and I really like the characters of Geezer, Wflyers etc, with the arrival of the new high-resolution aircraft models the whole original fleet has passed into oblivion, and since I was a child I have a passion for dioramas I cannot tolerate. sketchy and coarse characters. I realize, this is just my problem. You are obviously right about the characters imported by Dimon, they are beautiful but have a rigid pose and are free of shadows, (Dimon never liked to deal with this detail)
they are therefore suitable for situations of dialogue or conversation between characters or for observation while other elements are working. Unfortunately, the web offers only this for free.  ;)

BMS

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 03:14:35 AM »

Yes outstanding!     Would absolutely love some civilians

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2022, 06:50:11 AM »

Great stuff, thank you very much for these, really appreciated. 8)

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2022, 07:22:11 AM »

... if need be, I can add the missing shadows ...  ;)

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 01:07:45 AM »

... ooops, I spoke too fast, as my first attempt was far from being succesful (the soldier in the center, screenshot courtesy of Stanislao) ... :-[

So I guess you don't add missing shadows to a soldier (no hier.him), the same way as you add them to an aircraft (with hier.him) ...  :-X

So I'll have to figure this out, as I currently don't have the faintest idea of how this is done, and I don't use a 3D program, only MeshViewer to check the result ...  ;)

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2022, 09:51:58 AM »

... OK, just asked my "shadows teacher", Epervier, and he told me this is best done using 3DS or any other 3D program, and since I don't have one ...  :-X

Well, anyway, this gives me more time to add the missing shadows to an aircraft, after I got a request by a friend ...  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 27 queries.