Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLL change?  (Read 1285 times)

EHood

• Supporter
DLL change?
« on: December 23, 2021, 11:49:50 AM »

Although I distinctly recall having changed DLLs to correct the problem shown in the above screenies, I cannot remember the procedure for changing out DLLs. I'm also hoping an alternate DLL will correct a problem I'm having with all of the Dornier bombers, the absence of cockpits/F1 views.

Could someone remind me, please, of how to change the DLL? Thank you, and Happy Christmas to all.  8)
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
Re: DLL change?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 12:11:51 PM »

There's a manual in the BATDOCS folder
You have to unzip the chosen archive into the main folder and overwrite
By default BATDLLS-01 is installed

To quote our one and only Mike: RTFM ;D
There are 2 certain things in life: Death and CTDs

Vampire_pilot

• a million fixes
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 01:17:12 PM »

No. The 4k dlls are standard by now. Delivered as such wirh 4.1.3 / 4.2 i think

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 02:38:18 PM »

Ahh
I quoted the manual

Then it's that one now, sorry

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 06:48:28 PM »

Thank you, Atoka and V_P. I did see the four DLLs (but no manual) in BATDOCS. So the questions still stand:

Why the shocking pink aircraft?

Why no cockpits for the Dornier bomber variants?

As I recall, years ago, changing to an alternate DLL corrected the color problem and a missing cockpit for the He 177; hence my thought that the current problems could be solved in the same fashion in the current BAT iteration.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 07:01:04 PM »

The do-17 cockpit problem was present for me in HSFX but but BAT works perfectly

changing to an alternate DLL corrected the color problem and a missing cockpit for the He 177
Maybe this

To change the dlls, do the following:
-Open the archive
-Select all dlls in it
-Click and hold your mouse on them, pull them and 'drop' them in your main Il-2 folder
Then it will unpack it and ask if you want to overwrite, select yes to all

This is my way, super easy

Or

Right click on the archive and click on "Extract files..."
Then set your game's root folder path

Again click yes to overwrite everything

If it doesn't work, do the same with another dll pack and keep checking until it works

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 10:20:48 AM »

Thank you again, Atoka. I now remember how to install alternate DLLs, and I spent part of the weekend doing just that in my BAT 4.2.1 installation. My experiments with BATDLL-00, -01, and -02 went horribly. I'll spare the details and screenshots, except to say that, in each of these DLLs, aircraft pre-dating 4.2.1 worked fine, but attempts to use newer aircraft in the QMB usually ended up with a need to resort to Ctrl-Alt-Delete to shut down and restart my PC and BAT.

BATDLLS-03_BAT-4096 works best. Except for the Dornier 17s and 217s, which remain cockpitless, all new and old aircraft are flyable in the QMB. Four of the new machines, however, the I-187, B-18, Il-1, and Supermarine Attacker, persist in their shocking pinkness. For what it's worth, I'll insert below a likely-looking portion of the logfile for the attempt to bring up a presentable Il-1 in the QMB:

Code: [Select]
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/AVG han solo.bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Valid BMP format is only  uncompressed 8bit (palette) image
With width and height equals power of 2
Pilot PaintSchemes/Pilots/AVG han solo.bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/Han Solo.bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Pilot PaintSchemes/Pilots/Han Solo.bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/Johnny Red Redburn.bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Pilot PaintSchemes/Pilots/Johnny Red Redburn.bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/JP_Pilot1.bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Pilot PaintSchemes/Pilots/JP_Pilot1.bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/Luke Skywalker a.bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Pilot PaintSchemes/Pilots/Luke Skywalker a.bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/Luke Skywalker b.bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Pilot PaintSchemes/Pilots/Luke Skywalker b.bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/LWF Erwin Konig-Eastfront.bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Pilot PaintSchemes/Pilots/LWF Erwin Konig-Eastfront.bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/USBG han solo.bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Pilot PaintSchemes/Pilots/USBG han solo.bmp NOT loaded
INTERNAL ERROR: BmpLoad_Pal8() - Bitmap 'PaintSchemes/Pilots/USBG_han solo.bmp'Bad BMP Format!
Pilot PaintSchemes/Pilots/USBG_han solo.bmp NOT loaded
Loading mission QuickQMBPro/BAT_Kuban(RRR)/BAT_Kuban(RRR)RedNoneD00.mis...
Y=1940 / M=6 / H= 12 , Temperature - 0m = 21.0 .
Loading map.ini defined airfields:
Load bridges
Load static objects
##### House without collision (3do/Buildings/Port/BaseSmallSegment/live.sim)
##### House without collision (3do/Buildings/Port/BaseSegment/live.sim)
##### House without collision (3do/Buildings/Port/Floor/live.sim)
##### House without collision (3do/Buildings/Furniture/10x1_5_White/mono.sim)
##### House without collision (3do/Buildings/Furniture/Sandbags_Round/live.sim)
WARNING: ****( Unexpected txr reload (tfNoCompress16Bit,tfCompressMajorAlpha): '3DO/Plane/TEXTURES/glass.tga'
ERROR file: File users/badenov/Icons not found
Mission: QuickQMBPro/BAT_Kuban(RRR)/BAT_Kuban(RRR)RedNoneD00.mis is Playing
warning: no files : music/inflight
(-) AEARAF adjusted to 3.2967E-4
WARNING: TSmokeTrail::TSmokeTrail() Estimated number of particles 30 was clamped to (1 .. 8)
WARNING: TSmokeTrail::TSmokeTrail() Estimated number of particles 30 was clamped to (1 .. 8)
WARNING: TRenderManager::TriangleList_ProjectiveShadow()- internal buffer overflow.
Too many vertexes or faces per shadow hier mesh!

Of course I hope that there's a way to correct the problem. Which said, I did start shopping around for a custom-built rig, one with Windows 11, 87 TB storage (;D), and a GeForce card, a couple of weeks ago. A new PC will mean a fresh BAT installation with, one hopes, all aircraft in full working order.

Thanks again, with a huge TYIA to anyone who can help with this problem, and a Happy New Year to all!
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

kozmik

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 09:47:58 AM »

I have the pink model as well, thought it was just me

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 09:22:30 AM »

So. Further experiments, mostly in JTW, resulted in a bit of dismay: in addition to the Supermarine Attacker, four other, "older" types are spawning in pink. The JTW aircraft in question are:
Supermarine Attacker
Pilatus PC-6/B2-H2 (the other PC-6, the C2-H2 variant, spawns with a normal default skin),
Pilatus UV-20,
T-28D,
Piaggio P-149.

On a brighter note, I discovered that if alternative skins are lolling around in a given skins folder, an alternate skin can be imposed over the pink. Here's an example:

I happen to have several alternative skins on tap for this machine:

This means that if alternative skins are available, I don't have to fly pretty in pink. I have extra skins for all of the above-listed aircraft except the Attacker. In addition, the F1 views are fully colored, and it is possible to fly a mission in a pink Attacker. Exterior portions visible from the cockpit, however, remain pink in the F1 view, so I won't be able to play with the Attacker without a smug smirk until additional skins become available for downloading.

The results in WAW are similar. These aircraft, "old" and "new," spawn in pink when the default skin is selected:
Waco UPF-7,
I-180,
I-187,
B-18.
Fortunately, other new aircraft, such as the Apache, the early and pre-production Bf 110s, and the ITP, appear as they should when the default skin is assigned.

I'll note the following as well:
- The PBY4-2 is listed in the respective air.ini and QMB menus for WAW and JTW, but selecting this aircraft in either module results in this:

- In exterior views, the default, Kriegsmarine skin for the Hawker Sea Hawk has an opaque cockpit canopy. As can be seen in the screenie below, the canopy is clear in the F1 view:

Finally, the problem of the cockpitless Dorniers remains unsolved. Again, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  8)
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Vampire_pilot

• a million fixes
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 09:30:51 AM »

You are to my knowledge the first and only report ever of running the 4096 dlls (otherwise you could not load any high poly planes at all) but with a problem.
There is no solution I know of. You may ask Mike to take a look at your conf.ini maybe. But honestly, all of the various things you see are in itself effects connected with hardware/driver relations and have been highly individual.

And if you please, it's Bundesmarine, not Kriegsmarine these days. ;)

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 09:43:18 AM »

LOL. As an historian, albeit a semi-retired one, who specializes in modern German defense matters, I really should know better.

My current PC is an HP, with the obligatory Intel graphics card. Mike has given me to understand that the Intel card is the cause of other graphic anomalies that have occurred in my BAT installation over the years since I last had a PC with a GeForce card. This is why I'm really looking forward to a new, custom-built rig.

Thank you so much for your input. A Happy New Year to you and all who read this!  ]thumleft[
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Vampire_pilot

• a million fixes
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2021, 10:18:19 AM »

Ah!! I see.

Happy new year!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.