Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: UPDATE 3: IL-2 1946 Plutonium Universal Max Effects V1 Mod  (Read 231643 times)

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
  • A little mod in the making !
Re: UPDATE 3: IL-2 1946 Plutonium Universal Max Effects V1 Mod
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2011, 02:50:31 PM »

Hi slipper  :)

I know what you mean , yes , a lot of houses on fire can be demanding on the system and there is one easy trick which can be used yet still looking great and simulating house fires .
Fluid fire as it is right now in Plutonium mod is looking great but any further reduction in fluid flames appearance will start looking pretty bad and the only way to reduce system demand on this kind of fire is to completely replacing current house fluid fire for previous Uranium mod design which used fire glow .
Fire glow is perfectly acceptable visually and it looks excellent from especially higher altitude as there are videos on YouTube of that Uranium fire glow effect of cities burning plus it don't need much resources at all in order to appear in bigger masses without FPS hit  8)
Basically we can keep all other fluid fires as they are currently in Plutonium mod for cars , trucks , tanks , bushes etc..... while replacing only house fire with fire glow .
A win win situation for any FPS concern regarding any bigger massive cities destruction while having house fire glow effect simulating burning cities  :)
I was thinking about it quite a while ago but we were not sure if that would go well with IL-2 community .
Please , let me know your thoughts about this :

Here is the video how the cities will look using back Uranium fire glow effect for houses only :

PS: Me and Sani are trying to finish this 4.09 version with aircrafts new motor effects and then it can be converted to 4.101 as soon as possible  :)
UP will have also new effects .

S! HG
Dignified silence is worth more than a thousand insults...

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »

That would still require the target area to be populated though wouldn't it? I think the best solution for the NJ maps would be a bomb that just burns when it hits the ground, that way there is no need to populate the maps.
Perhaps attach a similar effect to incendiary loads so that they just burn like that when they hit the ground?
HG, I remember you explaining that IL2 has a huge problem with all the particles these effects spawn, is there any way to remove the smoke from these fires? Wouldnt that also help with frame rates?

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2011, 03:14:29 PM »

I thought that map will be polulated with some houses or not ? if yes those will burn after bombing by using fire glow which is not requiring a lot of resources since yes , this game engine can't handle much so we need to do some balancing to have it all and still looking great and without FPS hit :D
Houses will be likely using only fire glow effect without smoke as the smoke will cover fire glow making it almost impossible to be seen from higher altitude so there would be no smoke or very light transparent smoke veeeery slowly bubbling not taking any necessary resources  ;D

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »

No unless I missed an update its unpopulated. I know there was talk about lightly populating it.

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2011, 03:29:32 PM »

Hehe , now I am lost  ;D

for the release of sputnikshocks nightfighting map.  a solution is needed to represent a bombed out/burning city at night. At the moment with a lot of buildings on fire it is a big frame rate killer, although the effects are amazing.

So are there houses or not on this new map regarding bombing and house fires ? or should there be
some kind of effect which will be only simulating fires on the ground without damaged objects ?
There don't have to be a lot of houses in order to have a nice simulation of burning cities without FPS hit by using fire glow effect .

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »

Hehe , now I am lost  ;D

for the release of sputnikshocks nightfighting map.  a solution is needed to represent a bombed out/burning city at night. At the moment with a lot of buildings on fire it is a big frame rate killer, although the effects are amazing.

So are there houses or not on this new map regarding bombing and house fires ? or should there be
some kind of effect which will be only simulating fires on the ground without damaged objects ?

There don't have to be a lot of houses in order to have a nice simulation of burning cities without FPS hit by using fire glow effect .
BINGO! :D
I think that would be ideal.

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2011, 04:01:50 PM »

HolyGrail,

Thanks for the reply mate, the video looks amazing, just what i was imagining. My apologies the map is not populated at the moment, my earlier post i was refering to buildings in general on any map.

I believe though that the only reason Sputnikshock is not populating the map, is because of fps issues due to fire effects.

I will post over at his mapmaking post to make him aware of what you are capable of doing, i cannot speak for him but it may change his mind as to populating the map.
sorry for the confusion

regards

slipper

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2011, 07:47:04 PM »

Hehe , now I am lost  ;D

BINGO! :D
I think that would be ideal.

There are stock campfire objects that have a flame animation under 'stationary objects' I think.

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »

You guys could try to increase the destruction level of the city in FMB. :)

santobr.

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2011, 11:22:16 PM »

There are stock campfire objects that have a flame animation under 'stationary objects' I think.

I got to run to work , just wanted to say that campfire is animated effect ,
all fires flames will be moving and licking exactly the same , I don't know if it would look OK .
We've had previously used animated fire for ground objects quite a while ago but all flames
moving the same was not exactly what we were looking for but it still can be also used if
requested.  :)
It thou needs to process a lot more textures just for one fire to create animated effect .

S!  :D

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2011, 05:26:08 AM »

HolyGrail,

Personally i prefer your fire effects option as shown in the video.

from CWMV
the best solution for the NJ maps would be a bomb that just burns when it hits the ground, that way there is no need to populate the maps.
Perhaps attach a similar effect to incendiary loads so that they just burn like that when they hit the ground?

If you do this, then it will not really matter where you drop bombs, as you will get a fire effect. Wether it is in a city or countryside, to me this negates the purpose of accurate bombing.
Also a few problems that may occur are, all fires will be in straight lines corresponding to the 'stick' of bombs dropped which will not look very realistic, also if you say have 100 bombers then all thier bombloads will result in fires. Would this not be worse than having fires only on destroyed buildings?

At the moment or as in the video the majority of bombloads would either miss or bomb an already bombed out building therefore the only fire effect would be buildings destroyed all other bombloads would not count towards the fire effect.

For me HolyGrails improved building fire holds the best solution. Even if the map was not populated, a few buildings could be added in FMB to give a target. Remember that only German towns and Cities would need to be populated in this instance as Bomber Command would not have targeted occupied countries generally (except leading up to D-Day) or maybe also British towns if you wanted to simulate Luftwaffe raids aswell.

Maybe the best solution would be Holygrails new effects with a new very low poly generic building type suitable for night missions.

just a few thoughts

regards all

slipper

SAS~HolyGrail

• Modder f*ck*r =)
  • SAS Team
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2011, 10:22:18 AM »

If that new upcoming nightfighters map have placed buildings on here and there basis and we using fire glow effect it would be all running like a charm while giving a pretty good visual immersion where the bomb will hit the building or exploding close enough for house to be destoyed and fire glow effect showing up .
Fire glow will start slowly from less visible to more visible over period of time like it can be seen in that video like the fire rage is increasing with houses burning .
Also we can kill that effect after specific time like 15 minutes or so by editing .eff file entries to save resources .
In youtube video I was using Canon's older Channel map and there are some pretty dense spots with one house next to another , never had problem with it .
Currently there is a bit delayed work continuing on finishing motor effects which will be a must have for especially nightfighters to give to these used aircrafts the best visual effect immersion .
It's now all about how much additional time it will take to get it done so the new version can be released and then converted to 4.101  :)

I hope it will not be " two weeks ! be shure " phrase  ;D

Cheers,
S! HG
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 31   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 27 queries.