Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: B.A.T. v4.0 "RED CORE" - The WAW pack  (Read 156157 times)

Vampire_pilot

Re: B.A.T. v4.0 "RED CORE" - The WAW pack
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2020, 12:15:20 AM »

sorry, but I don't understand.

azura

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2020, 04:25:30 AM »

Thank you always for your great work for aircrafts sim fans.  I mean, I first installed Red Core,then I mistaenly
installed 4.1 update for BAT 3.8 and overwrited Red Core. I didn't notice the information leading to 4.1 in
Expand BAT 4.0 section. Now no problem,thank you.

bumpyflies

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2020, 10:51:27 PM »

Like many "not so proficient" Il-2 1946 pilots, I make mistakes.  And I was concerned about the shrinking size of my "fast" SSD hard drive.

I'd previously downloaded all B.A.T. updates and everything worked just fine.  But I've also added aircraft, maps and effects to the extent that I couldn't even remember where and why I'd added them.  And that was posing some speed issues.

This "reset" is welcome because it forced me to think about file-structure...and where I keep my skins.  It took me another few hours to re-install my favourite maps, aircraft and effects. 
Bravo to all concerned.

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2020, 04:49:35 AM »

v4.0 Red Core is WAW only
Does this mean that future updates will have the choice of only #WAW or all # folders?

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2020, 12:11:00 PM »

Heartfelt thank you to the SAS / BAT team.

This 4.0 Red Core / 4.1 Blue Edge new baseline sets the standard for a Mod pack.  The installation is flawless and the instructions are clear.

I would recommend having BATDLLS 1 & 2 as two separate mods in the BATMODS folder in the future for convenience, but that is it.

No other issues.

As a recommendation for other players, I keep my IL-2 installations as separate folders in an SSD.

I have the following folders:
* E:\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.BAS <-- This is the basic v4.12.2; I don't touch it.  I keep it there if I need to do another BAT install.  It is ready to be copied into a new installation.
* E:\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.BAT <-- This is the active BAT folder.  Basically for this latest install, I erased everything (before saving some mods and custom things...) here, then copied the contents of the ".BAS" (for basic) folder to prep for the new install
* E:\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.SAS <-- A MODACT folder, for taking a look at stand-alone or WIP mods

In a second SSD I keep a copy of the Stock... but I can't remember the last time I messed with it...
* F:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

For this installation, I saved the MODs I wanted from the old BATMODS folder into a temp location, and I took a screenshot of JSGME to see what I was using (stuff like the CAM/HUD/MAP mods, the Russian female speech, my mod to remove the white 8 from Nowotny's plane, ALT Pilots, and my mission packs (BI-1 campaign, and Static Campaign Patch or BAT), oh and Storebror's Loadout Lister, because without that, I could not update UQMG.

That is all...  just some things that worked for me, and another thank you to the team.

Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2020, 09:02:09 AM »

I have the same question as henkypenky.

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2020, 03:27:10 AM »

Just finished the 4.0 'experiment': installed 4.12.2 from a home made DVD, installed 4.0 over it and it worked like a charm! This is really a great achivement from the SAS team and I would like to thank you ver much for this!

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2020, 01:05:27 PM »

Just finished the 4.0 'experiment': installed 4.12.2 from a home made DVD, installed 4.0 over it and it worked like a charm! This is really a great achivement from the SAS team and I would like to thank you ver much for this!

+1

The same on 2 installations x 4.0 (got from torrent) and one of them further up to 4.1....all flawless!

Great!

Bobby

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2020, 02:22:56 AM »

Excellent !

Thanks to everyone who participated in the project. Winter is coming and covid19 is here, so this is the ideal way for me to stay with the PC playing the game that means the most to me in the world of games and simulations.

greybeard307

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2020, 04:12:35 AM »

Downloaded, installed and configured with no issues. wondering if UberDemon will be able to concentrate on this version for his top notch Mission building tool, rather than having to deal with all of the modules. Just a thought.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2020, 12:24:43 PM »

Downloaded, installed and configured with no issues. wondering if UberDemon will be able to concentrate on this version for his top notch Mission building tool, rather than having to deal with all of the modules. Just a thought.

I am.  A couple of days ago I finished all the conversion to BAT WAW 4.0 RED CORE script files.  As expected I found another piece of code in the UQMG Converter Tool (UCT) 2020 that needed some attention.  I have all the files, plus the converted UQMG missions.  I need to do one more step dealing with how UQMG classic sees a few files, then convert some text files to Unicode, package up, and will release a Beta, that basically over writes the current UQMG with the new files.  There will be some functionality loss at this point.  The old mission-sets are incompatible except for the two defaults, but you can create your own.  The DB is not flawless, but the important thing is being able to generate missions and play.

No new maps right now.  And this is just for WAW at first.  BLUE EDGE or 4.1 will be a an issue for a later date, because I have extra work on that, including getting UQMG to behave when changing versions (Eventually it will be Default/Classic UQMG, WAW, DOF, TGA and JTW as choices.

Keep following my post.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at SAS BAT Mission area.  www.uberdemon.net no longer exists.

greybeard307

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2020, 02:54:17 PM »

Thanks UberDemon, that is great news that your task will be made a little easier in the short run. Looking forward to seeing the new version of Uberquick. Cannot thank you enough for your continuing efforts on our behalf, and thanks to the modders for making BAT the triumph it is.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 27 queries.