Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BAT Soundmatrix Unlocker v1.0.3  (Read 692 times)

chupag72 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FL2070

• Modder
  • i make sounds
BAT Soundmatrix Unlocker v1.0.3
« on: May 22, 2020, 02:23:05 PM »

This is a mod that will mean nothing to many people, but make certain other people very, very happy. This mod changes the weapon and motor presets.

With this installed on your BAT:
- You will have over five times the gun presets to differ the sounds between every gun type.
- You can assign startup sounds to each individual motor type in ways you couldn't before. (e.g. db603 startup can differ from db600, db601)
- All std_X.start.begin and std_X.start.end are deprecated.
- The old motor.Wright_Cyclone1820_tb.prs (B-17 and B-24) works again!
- motor.DB-700_Series.prs is used by the Lerche.

I call this an unlocker because many motors use startup sounds like std_e and std_p, meaning you will have the same startup sounds for motors that should sound completely different (i.e., MiG-3 and FW 190 D-9 used the same startup sound) and you could not differentiate between types of ~20mm cannon or ~13mm MG (Ho-103, MG131, UB all with the same sound, and same for ShVAK, B-20, MG 151/20, MG/FF, VYa-23 etc), but with this mod, all those issues are gone.

To run the installer, you don't have to disable the old version or anything like that - the installer does everything for you! A true one click install.

DOWNLOAD

Changelog
Code: [Select]
v1.0.3
- Added alternative version with extended bullet lifetime.
- Fixed Fokker D.XXI series 4 using motor.M-11_Series.prs, now uses motor.PrattWhitney_R-1830_Series.prs as it should.
- Fixed all tracers being white.
- Added 2 previously overlooked gun classfiles.
- Fixed some classfiles erroneously referring to "weapon.MGunHispanoMkIs.prs" instead of "weapon.MGunHispanos.prs"

v1.0.2
- Rewrote installer to delete previous versions of the mod, so that the user doesn't have to do that themselves.
- Fixed I-16 and other M62-powered aircraft using motor.Gnome-Rhone-Jupiter.prs
- Changed more R-1820 engines hidden in the back of random EMD files to use motor.Wright_Cyclone1820_series.
- Changed the folder structure.

v1.0.1
- Added support for Lerche using motor.DB-700_Series.prs
- Fixed broken preset name weapon.MGunHo3.prs, should be weapon.MGunHo3s.prs
- Added missing startup presets Homare, Nakajima, M-62_Series, DB-700_Series
- Switched installation mode to executable. Simply point it towards your main game folder, and the installer does the rest.

v1.0
- Changed all weapon presets to reflect weapon names instead of caliber and rate of fire: e.g. weapon.MGunShVAKs.prs instead of weapon.mgun_20_700.prs
- Changed all motor start sounds to reflect motor preset name instead of other motors/std_X preset name.
- Changed B-17 and B-24 engines to use motor.Wright_Cyclone1820_tb.prs
- Changed many Japanese engines that weren't Sakae engines to use motor.Nakajima.prs instead of motor.Sakae.prs
I'm FL2070, previously known as dirtbloxxMC. I make sounds. My current main project, UJS (Ultimate Jet Sound) v1.2, can be found here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61360.0.html

DESPEREAUX

Re: BAT Soundmatrix Unlocker v1.0
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 03:41:11 PM »

Very interesting! Thank you very much! :)

sgt.wingspan

• New normal
Re: BAT Soundmatrix Unlocker v1.0
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 01:50:02 AM »

Sounds interesting
..I want to try this one and thanks a lot.
Flight sim fan.

FL2070

• Modder
  • i make sounds
Re: BAT Soundmatrix Unlocker v1.0.1
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 10:18:32 AM »

BAT soundmatrix unlocker is updated to version 1.0.1.

v1.0.1
- Added support for Lerche using motor.DB-700_Series.prs
- Fixed broken preset name weapon.MGunHo3.prs, should be weapon.MGunHo3s.prs
- Added missing startup presets Homare, Nakajima, M-62_Series, DB-700_Series
- Switched installation mode to executable. Simply point it towards your main game folder, and the installer does the rest.
I'm FL2070, previously known as dirtbloxxMC. I make sounds. My current main project, UJS (Ultimate Jet Sound) v1.2, can be found here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61360.0.html

FL2070

• Modder
  • i make sounds
Re: BAT Soundmatrix Unlocker v1.0.2
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 08:36:30 PM »

BAT soundmatrix unlocker is updated to version 1.0.2.

v1.0.2
- Rewrote installer to delete previous versions of the mod, so that the user doesn't have to do that themselves.
- Fixed I-16 and other M62-powered aircraft using motor.Gnome-Rhone-Jupiter.prs
- Changed more R-1820 engines hidden in the back of random EMD files to use motor.Wright_Cyclone1820_series.
- Changed the folder structure.

ChicagoFire1

• LilNextGen
  • Nice to meet everyone
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 10:14:06 AM »

This is a great improvement for BAT, I have a question:

Is this compatible with Victor's Sound Mod Version 7 or are they incompatible with each other?

Salutes, Chicago.

FL2070

• Modder
  • i make sounds
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 12:16:52 PM »

This mod was specifically made to work with Victor's Sound Mod, to the point that it requires at least VSM6 to work properly.

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 04:28:22 PM »

VSM6 or 7 are good enough to work with this unlocker.

Been chipping away at its capabilities, along with tweaking the buttons file to further unlock more diverse engine sound possibilities.
Hey, get that inertia started!

DESPEREAUX

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 03:37:09 PM »

Your mod has some additional features ..)) One is good and the other is not very good.
The good thing is that it extends the life of flying shells, and the bad one is that it makes all tracers on all planes white .. :D
If you can, then the first one would be nice to cut into a separate mod .. :)
Thank you!

FL2070

• Modder
  • i make sounds
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 06:10:31 PM »

BAT soundmatrix unlocker is updated to version 1.0.3. Thanks to DESPEREAUX for pointing out the issue with the tracer colors and extended bullet lifetime. The extended bullet lifetime has been added as another option.

v1.0.3
- Added alternative version with extended bullet lifetime.
- Fixed Fokker D.XXI series 4 using motor.M-11_Series.prs, now uses motor.PrattWhitney_R-1830_Series.prs as it should.
- Fixed all tracers being white.
- Added 2 previously overlooked gun classfiles.
- Fixed some classfiles erroneously referring to "weapon.MGunHispanoMkIs.prs" instead of "weapon.MGunHispanos.prs"

DESPEREAUX

Re: BAT Soundmatrix Unlocker v1.0.3
« Reply #10 on: Today at 03:48:58 AM »

Many thanks FL2070! Now everything is beautiful! :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 28 queries.