Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving Mod plane from Jet Age to World at War with BAT  (Read 192 times)

spartangrayteam@yahoo.com

Moving Mod plane from Jet Age to World at War with BAT
« on: May 21, 2020, 08:06:16 AM »

Hi guys, I'm a longtime fan of this community! I was really into this game back during the early days of DBW and UP3 and have recently rediscovered it.

My question is, having BAT and its selectable eras installed, how might I be able to move a plane from one era to another, specifically the F9F Panther from the Jet Age to World at War?
Would I need to download the old mod and manually place it somewhere, or is there something I can already do through BAT?

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
Re: Moving Mod plane from Jet Age to World at War with BAT
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:44:06 AM »

I would say you need the mod only.  All the stuff is in BAT, but unless you have modded before it can be a challenge to find it all.  Panther was not as complex as some other planes in JTW, but the issue is that when some of these era Mods got introduced (DBW1916, JetWar) they also introduced a lot of changes, so make sure when you install the mod in WAW, you read the instructions closely, like... "this mod requires such and such mods installed to work."  Keep in mind that one of the reasons for the separation into modules was a way to handle the enormous amount of new content, and BAT was optimized to handle certain things, so if it does not work correctly, you may need to consider installing single mods in the #SAS MODACT option in the BAT selector, and I also recommend the "Enable AI Flyables" MODACT option, which you have to get from the MODACT download page (MODACT 5.3 comes with BAT, but not the AI Flyables option, which can be found here:  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37662.msg416708.html#msg416708).

I recommend installing individual mods using a self made JSGME module, that way if you run into trouble you can easily remove it and restore your last stable version.  So, create a new air.ini and plane.properties file with the code for the new mod, and then place them in the JSGME mod you created, and not in the original ones from BAT/SAS.  Again, a safety measure to keep you from having to spend a lot of time trying to make things work again after a "bad mod installation."

Mods don't kill BAT... people with Mods kill BAT.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

spartangrayteam@yahoo.com

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 05:14:35 PM »

Thank you so much for responding, your advice was very helpful, I eventually figured it out and now i've got my Panthers back!

As a follow up, I've noticed that my WAW install of the F9F Panthers features an extremely limited armament for them (HVARS only) but TJW version Panthers seem to have all the "vanilla" bombs/ drop tanks. Do you know where I should start to investigate this issue?
Is there a way I could locate the relevant weapon files on TJW and transplant them to WAW?

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 12:22:54 AM »

Ah man, that is where it starts getting crazy.  You would need to know the Java Classes for the weapons that are missing.  That is what I was saying about bundled packs like Jet Fighters.  A lot of times they will have common features, like the Java Classes for common weapons like the AIM-9 or certain types of HVARS which are used by several fighters.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 27 queries.