Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Quarantined Modder  (Read 5363 times)

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
Re: Quarantined Modder
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2020, 03:07:26 AM »

Crikey, I feel sorry for you all...but I think i can top your woes  8)

Ever the optimist Panglossian i was sort of looking forward to the lockdown so me and Mrs Noakes could carry on with our hobbies without having to worry about such trivial things like earning a living etc  :D
We are lucky enough to have workshops & greenhouses on site so we were about to plant loads of seeds for our allotment, I could start my annual attempt to grow exhibition Chrysanthemums, the wife could continue with her sewing, knitting and quilting and I could start a miriad of planned woodworking projects ......

So the first thing I did was cut a neat 4.8mm kerf slot in my left thumb    o_O :o ::(

This last couple of days have been a nightmare.....I've been walking round like Nelson struggling with the most menial tasks.....try cooking one handed  :D
I'm now also trying to nurse Mrs Noakes who was mixing with an awful lot of staff/ kids at her school and now show the early signs of the lurgie

It should be about 2/3 weeks before my thumb heals so wish me luck

Cheers

Alfie

PS   A non hobbyist friend sent me this he says I should do what just about everyone's doing in lockdown in Britain.........If you can't beat them join them   :)) :)) :))

Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

BalDaddy

• Old Scroat
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 03:23:24 AM »

Oooo.....Have the DVD of 'Wings' somewhere. Like many Beeb series of the period (1977), a decent attempt in the face of severe budget restraints when produced. Hence the lack of aircraft featured in those days prior to GCI, and the said budget didn't stretch to the usage of  many R/C scaled aircraft. Modern vehicles, contrails and shadow of filming chopper can be seen in some of the footage! Sadly the proposed series 3 was scrapped.

'Piece of Cake' upset many purists as it featured Spitfires based in France in 39/40 and late marks at that!

Zflyer48

• Modder
  • There is no failure in doing; only in not trying.
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 12:49:14 PM »

I watched "Piece of Cake" a long time ago on PBS. I enjoyed it. I was not upset with Spits in the France. The story was the thing.

Mean while, I continue keeping my insanity of modding with the following 3d build. Not a wip at this time. Just a build.
If anyone would like to do a wip, I will send 3ds.
Zflyer48

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2020, 01:41:40 PM »

Nice one Alfie, I will indeed do as advised for the sake of me and the nation. ]thumbsup[

Nice choice of aircraft Mike, I always have had a interest in the nations bordering the Soviet Union, Romania is one I have modelled in plastic years ago, that particular type was not available then so it will be great to have in the game, good luck with the project and nice to have you back doing your thing. 8)

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Zflyer48

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2020, 08:55:38 AM »

Another day at 3d building. Today, I add the outer floats, wiring, turrets, and finish the cockpit windows.

When finished, I will start the KB-11.
Or, try my hand at a short campaign for TGA I call "Pirates of the 20s"  Hypothetical scenerios of scouting and attacking
marauding bands of pirates using an aircraft carrier and bi-planes.

Zflyer48

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2020, 02:02:33 PM »

There was me thinking you were only doing one of those shown, another superb choice Mike. 8)

Take care and be safe.

Zflyer48

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »

I really do enjoy 3d building, Pete. It is the other stuff; mapping, meshing, classfiles, java, and FMing that is
a frustrating pain in the ass. 3d building is the hobby. Putting into the game is the work. And, work is a 4 letter
word.  :P

Be well, my friend
Mike

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2020, 02:51:50 AM »

It is the other stuff; mapping, meshing, classfiles, java, and FMing that is
a frustrating pain in the ass. 3d building is the hobby. Putting into the game is the work. And, work is a 4 letter
word.  :P

Yes I know where you are coming from Mike, the aircraft in IL_2 are very complicated to put together, really time consuming to do it correctly which is why many fall by the wayside I think. ;)

There are some out there that actually use a 3d model as a sort of painting, they build the shape as we do but when mapped with the appropriate scheme they use various backgrounds to show of the aircraft, no damage meshes, class files or any of the stuff we need to get them in our game, why not give that a try for a change.

The other alternative is to try and find a crew to work with, each does what they are best at, 3d, java, paint, trouble is others might work at a different rate to you that is if you can actually manage to put a gang together, maybe put out a request and see what happens.

How is the wheeled beasty bye the way, abandoned?

Take care and be safe.

Zflyer48

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2020, 09:35:49 PM »

Well, Pete. The beast is alive. Like you, I keep finding little details to add.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2020, 11:32:48 AM »

Well, Pete. The beast is alive. Like you, I keep finding little details to add.

Wonderful, now that is a proper truck. 8)

As for details, Oh my, doesn't look like I'll ever finish mine, I need to know when to call it a day. :D

Take care.

Zflyer48

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2020, 01:55:06 PM »

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2020, 12:03:00 AM »

Zflyer, how is this Peach? never seen or tasted it before. liquor or distillate?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 25 queries.