Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing HUD colour  (Read 343 times)

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
Changing HUD colour
« on: March 24, 2020, 07:43:48 AM »

My apologies as I suspect the solution is in the forum somewhere but searching using "HUD color" or "HUD colour" gives me tons of responses but I haven't found the one I'm looking for.

I have the standard HUD info in the bottom left of the screen, namely, heading/speed/alt.  It is always in red text.  I have a slight colour-blindness (red-green deficiency) whereby the text is hard to see sometimes against certain backgrounds (i.e. the wing etc).  The 'log' text mid-right of the screen is not a problem as it's usually against the sky background (plus it changes colour too).  ;)

How do I change the colour of the HUD text at lower left to something more visible?

EDIT:  I found PAL Visual Mod but that's much more than I'm after.  I just want to change the colour of the existing HUD lower-left text (I'm using HSFX 7).

thanks,
Tomoose

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
Re: Changing HUD colour
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 08:42:32 AM »

Im sure whistler can help you with this this is perhaps in the wrong forum?
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, Gainward windforce OC GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD, LG M Disc DVD rewriter, Windows 10 64bit.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 02:26:50 AM »

if you google "sas1946 hud log" this is the first item in the search results:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=40975.0

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 09:59:29 AM »

Vpmedia;
perhaps I'm missing something.  The link is one that I had found previously but it appears to be only for the log (i.e. the HUD info that appears mid-right and scrolls then disappears) so I assume it doesn't apply in my particular case.  I noted the part about adding/editing in the conf.ini file but I'm guessing that's only after you install the mod and only referring to the right-hand HUD info not the speed/alt info on the left.
There's no reference to the speedbar etc normally found in the bottom left of the screen.  Again, I don't want to move it or mod it just simply change the text colour.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 02:09:39 PM »

Hey tomoose, check NG-HUD.

EDIT:  I found PAL Visual Mod but that's much more than I'm after.  I just want to change the colour of the existing HUD lower-left text (I'm using HSFX 7).

Enable "No Speed Bar" in the difficulty settings to get a HUD similar to stock.

Cheers!
NG-HUD v3.5H | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 07:01:16 PM »

Thanks Whistler, I'll give that a shot.

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 07:07:51 PM »

No joy.  I tried QMB and turned the speed bar off in the difficulty settings but that doesn't do anything about the colour (it remains red) and shows only the heading.
I was hoping to keep all the info (speed/alt/heading) in the same bottom left position and simply change the colour so I can see it better (see my first post).  Again I'm using HSFX 7 no visual mod etc.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 04:43:50 AM »

Did you install the mod!?
NG-HUD v3.5H | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 08:24:01 AM »

Whistler;
no I haven't installed the mod, I was hoping to avoid that but I take it then that it can't be done without the mod?
If I install the mod will it have any effect with my online coop group (they won't have the mod)?

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 10:24:50 AM »

No, it cannot be done without modding your HSFX.

If I install the mod will it have any effect with my online coop group (they won't have the mod)?

You are entitled to a full refund if the product doesn't meet expectations. And you can keep the goods! ;)

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 10:42:15 AM »

LOL.  Ackd and thanks.

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 11:02:12 AM »

Whistler;
mod installed and works fine right out of the box...BUT...still no joy on the info colour in the bottom left.

Situation(see screenshot below):
With the mod installed it has moved the HUD log which normally appears middle-right of the screen to bottom-right, shown at #1 in the screenshot, which is great. 
My original problem still remains in that #2 info is in red which for me, being slightly red-green deficient (i.e. slightly colour blind) is sometimes difficult to see.
I would like to change the colour red of the text under #2 to something else.  I don't want to change the location or the font etc just the colour.  Is this possible?

EDIT:  even in this screenshot, the red text at bottom left is slightly difficult to see and does not stand out like the text on the right side
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 27 queries.