Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing JSGME Mod for the first time.  (Read 360 times)

redbaron96

Installing JSGME Mod for the first time.
« on: March 23, 2020, 06:41:52 PM »

I have just downloaded the NG-MAP v.3.1 mod and this will be the first JSGME mod that I add to BAT 3.8.

Is there a guide on how to install it?

FL2070 / dirtbloxxMC

• Modder
  • i make sounds
Re: Installing JSGME Mod for the first time.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 09:43:42 AM »

Find the "BATMODS" folder (in the archive) for the BAT version of the mod, and extract that folder to your main game directory. Then open JSGME and enable the NG-MAP mod.
I'm FL2070, previously known as dirtbloxxMC. I make sounds. My current main project, UJS (Ultimate Jet Sound) v1.2, can be found here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61360.0.html

DESPEREAUX

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:11:49 PM »

NG-MAP v.3.1 mod and this will be the first JSGME mod that I add to BAT 3.8.

You do not need to do this, this mod is already available in 3.8 ..

redbaron96

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 08:22:47 AM »

I have 3.8 (no patches) and this is what is in the folders. The Map mod is not visable.

cbradbury

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 09:07:51 AM »

Hi redbaron,

I agree with you - I don't think it is in the default BAT install either. However, I don't really understand what problem you are having with installing it. I do not use the mod myself, but if you download it and open the archive to find:  'choose a version'. That is simple enough surely? If you are having difficulties get back to me and I will guide you through it (I do use the NG-HUD mod by the same author).

redbaron96

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 09:24:07 AM »

I have gone into choose a version and have the following options. What do I do next?

cbradbury

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 09:33:10 AM »

Open ‘BAT (JSGME)’ and you will find a ‘BATMODS’ folder. Copy the contents of that i.e. !#NG-MAP_v3.1 into the BATMODS folder of your IL2 install.

Then use the JSGME.exe which you will find in il-2 Sturmovik 1946 base folder to enable the NG mod. You will then need to configure the various settings you want for the map as whistler details here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,59835.msg659194.html#msg659194

redbaron96

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 01:13:11 PM »

Got it installed ok. Thanks for the help. :)

cbradbury

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 03:08:11 PM »

You are welcome.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 03:48:51 PM »

ehm why do you want to install a mod that does not overwrite anything else in the mod folder via JSGME????

cbradbury

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 06:32:57 AM »

ehm why do you want to install a mod that does not overwrite anything else in the mod folder via JSGME????

Well, Griffon, whilst I agree it was unnecessary in this particular case, I think using JSGME should be encouraged for management reasons - I put everything which is not in the BAT base install through JSGME - I just think that it is sound practice. I've just counted, and I currently have 29 items in the BATMODS folder. Not all of them change the default files. Now if I need to revert to a default BAT version for any reason (or if I need a second version of BAT elsewhere), I can do this via one click in the JSGME.exe - I do not need to delve into the BAT folder to delete things manually.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 08:36:44 AM »

Actually I beg to disagree...what you describe is true only for mods that so not require a load of ini modifying...but such mods are the easy ones and can easily be copied over and deleted at will...adding aircraft, ships, vehicles etc is a sterner stuff and as soon as a new version is released with the new ini files to go along, using the mod enabler to add aircraft and the likes again is a sure way to crash your game...
Also, I have seen many guys here who dropped their wanted Moda happily into the mod enabler without knowing exactely was it does and which file structure is necessary to properly add stuff, with a resulting crash and pleas for help here...

Personally I like to know which stuff I add to my directories and donut manually therefoe and I do not feel overburdened to delete the odd directory again manually ...

But different cakes for different grannies.....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 27 queries.