Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian Imperial Naval Air Service - Black Sea fleet and Persian front 1914-15  (Read 552 times)

Nero

Non historical campaign on the Persian front, start during the Bergmann offensive with the Blackburn mercury monoplane, and proceed to the Persian front in Azerbaijan against the rebel tribes mainly and the Ottoman forces sometime with Morane Saulnier H, L,  and Maurice Farmans 11. Just a few missions, mainly recon flies unarmed in wild regions, but in some occasion you must attack enemy rebels or ottoman troop concentration, or even drop supplies for Russian and British columns. Don't expect very detailed missions, is my first campaigns, the briefings are pretty complete instead, you re one of the pre war sport pilots, an aristocratic.

Edit: NEW VERSION OF THE CAUCASIAN CAMPAIGN
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ufuhef8p5u825t/198892

(must adjust the dates of the 3 missions, in summer 1914 since I have in mind to build a story around this campaign) JUST, CHANGES:

1) Adjusted the Persia 2 and urmia 1 mission description, it was missed for a my own mistake.

2) added 3 new missions, now it s 8, it start in June 1914 in Sebastopol for an exhibition in presence of the naval authorities, then a couple of naval recon missions off Sebastopol and then go to Caucasus. In Sebastopol during the exhibition give a look to the warships docked and ti the crowd and the naval officers on the docks, you will find some eye candy surprise.

3) A SUGGEST: if you have Dreamk mod orient is ready I suggest to choose with the mission combo the sikorsky s12 and s12bis for the missions with the Blackburn and the moranes, it raise the realism and the feeling of what the Russian pilots had to do shooting up the propeller arch, (also the moraine do that, but those dreamk sikorsky and Mosca are newer, and have a better damage model, with no throttle, only magnetos). Just a suggest.
If you don't have it you can play the Blackburn and the moranes normally, don't worry.

4)in future I would enlarge this campaign adding also the other 2 parts, also if for the moment I lack ideas for the second part, the seaplane missions in the eastern front.

5) The 3 new missions have no waypoints, like in real life you must find your way with the compass, and looking the environment around you as in real life, over that in the mission orders there is some route suggest. Don't worry about that, btw the risk of loose your way raise the realism no?  It s a training exercise.

5) added random weather

Like ever feel free to adjust and modify it if you want, just give me credit and send me your work so I can enjoy it.

P. S. The first mission of the second part is ready yet, I m working on the other missions now: ground attack, anti ship and anti submarine recon, offensive patrols, and bombing missions with the sopwith Schneider and the macchi L. Enjoy!

David Prosser

Re: Russian Navy campaign - Persian Front 1915 (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 02:59:09 PM »

This series of missions sounds rather inteesting. I look forward to them.

Nero

Re: Russian Navy campaign - Persian Front 1915 (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 02:33:48 PM »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nnyy929h800ilu2/Persian-Front.rar/file

That a my first campaign, I m sorry for its simplicity, if you want to adjust it or modify feel free to do that, only give me credit please and send the adjusted pack to me even so I could enjoy it 🙂
FIRST PART OF A RUSSIAN NAVAL CAMPAIGN FROM THE BERGMANN OFFENSIVE TO PERSIA.
the other 2 parts will be in the Baltic with the seaplane, probably macchi L or sopwith, or both, and the last part against germany or  austria on the eastern front on the Ilya Muromets, the Sikorsky s bombers in a strategic campaign against the central powers occupied territorybin eastern Europe. Each campaign of 5 missions, i will release them in a month i guess, plus later a bonus 5 mission mini campaign in the Russian Civil War ever on the seaplanes, this time the theatre is to be decided for now, and the machines will be probably short 184 or Curtiss (under British command, maybe also in the Caspian sea who know.).
I m planning also a late Russian Civil War campaign in Asia, Manchuria or Siberia or Mongolia, ever a what if, even with von ungern forces, or with the Japanese puppet Russian warlords. We ll see. I hope to not have violated the forum rules posting that link in that way but I didnt know how to post the campaign in other ways.  When all the packs will be released probably I will merge them in a 20 missions big campaign (a little few missions for 5 years of war but.... I regret dynamic campaigns. My dream is a ww1 dynamic one.)

P. S. I see you David maked several campaigns especially with the navy, (greetful for your Italian lybian campaign) so if you have some suggest feel free to tell.

In future I would create a Regia marina campaign in Adriatic from Venice for bombing recon and anti submarine patrols, or in Aegean on the Macedonian front, the Adriatic theatre for the navy is difficult to make since the Italian navy for close the austro Hungarian battle fleet in her ports and then attack her with the mtb layed many minefields, especially in the high Adriatic area, off Venice etc so for recreate the naval bases there could be much work, but on the Macedonian front is easier) but I would not do it with the aeronautic Corp like in the dof, should create a Regia marina Air service folder.
Have in mind many underrated theatres like the north sea with the sea planes of both sides. In future will release several of these mini campaigns.

David Prosser

Re: Russian Navy campaign - Persian Front 1915
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »

It sounds like we have the same attitude to campaign building. I like to think outside the box.

cheers

Daivid

Nero

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 09:15:10 PM »

Yes, for me it depend by what side I m playing, in future I m planning  to do an ottoman campaign that is what wr really lack in ww1 flight Sims. Together with these allied missions packs I wanted to do also an African campaign even against the German guerrilla forces, in the lake tanga ima was used a couple of seaplanes if I remember good, but I lack a good map of the area. I had think also a Qingdao siege Japanese seaplane campaign but I lack both the map and the Japanese ww1 skins. With a few hours of work with the mission builder is possible to create campaigns from zero. For that in future I d like to do other underrated theaters of operations.

David Prosser

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 12:26:06 AM »

Sounds good. I think you need a minimum of 5 posts before you can post links, or mods.

cheers

David

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Keep calm and carry on
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 08:17:40 AM »

With a few hours of work with the mission builder is possible to create campaigns from zero. For that in future I d like to do other underrated theaters of operations.

Yes, indeed! FMB with the modded IL-2 is extremely versatile. Lesser known subjects are always fun! Keep it up!  :D
My aim: to build campaigns for Mods! You can find them here: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=search&sa=740

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 08:20:47 AM »

I corrected the link in Reply #2

Nero

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 08:55:50 AM »

Thanks admin. Guys I found the mod of dreamk orient is red with the sikorsky s12, 16, and the Mosca. And the Ansaldo a1. Trough I have some hud problem with the rotary engine mod, hud issues, and using the rotary engine mod I can't use the throttle planes, so I must alternate the folders to play all the planes, successfully, I will work also with that planes in some special bonus mission for those who have the mod 🙂 I only regret in Il2 sturmovik we can't use the pistols and the rifles as in rise of flight. For the early war missions and on the Russian front until 1916 I guess and maybe even 17 for some plane, we could use the guns in unarmed planes like the early sikorsky monoplanes and biplanes or the Mosca (BTW I didn't knew an Italian engineer was working for the tsar. Later in 30 this man worked with mister caproni too. Francesco Mosca.).
MAYBE WE COULD MAKE SOME MOUNTED WEAPON LIKE THE MADSEN AUTOMATIC RIFLE SHOOTING UP THE PROPELLERS TO WORK AS A GUN OR A RIFLE?... I MEAN TO DOWN THE SHOOTING RATE. TO SHOOT LIKE A PISTOL OR A NORMAL RIFLE...... MMM I MUST LEARN HOW TO MODIFY THE WEAPONS. THIS WOULD MAKE 1912-1915 CAMPAIGNS MORE INTERESTING. REALIZE TO DUEL AGAINST A FOKKER OR AN AVIATIK IN 1915 ONLY WITH A REVOLVER. 😂🔫
There was also another interesting aircraft but we don't have it in the game, the caproni monoplqne, just like a nieuport 4 or a moraine h or g, an early monoplqne designed specifically to work as fighter. Pity.
Anycase soon i will release the Mesopotamia singles to do in succession, and the second part of 5 missions for the Russian front, only I don't find a good map for the sea planes in the Baltic in 1915, one that inspire me, so I do no where this part will be made, maybe in the black sea from Sebastopol for anti submarine  and anti ship ops? Or in the kaspian sea... Or even in Odessa, against the austro Hungarians, while the last part will be with the sikorsky heavy bombers. Time ago I converted the caproni bomber campaign too for bat but it still to have some problem, some mission that should start from ground start from the air I donno why. Btw, what so you suggest for this second part, use a gulf of Finland or a Estonia coastal map for seaplane ops, or do it in black sea against austro Hungarians and enemy uboots and ships? I m blocked for that reason. I don't like very much the Baltic coastal maps in the game.

NOTE: IN THE 3RD MISSION, IF YOU FIND DIFFICULT TO LOCATE THE SUBMERGED SUBMARINE DON'T WORRY, COME BACK HOME. PLAY WITH NO INSTANT SUCCESS OFF, EVEN IF YOU FAIL 1 MISSION THE WAR GO ON.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 27 queries.