Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG?  (Read 277 times)

Lupus

DCG?
« on: March 21, 2020, 10:05:14 PM »

Ok, I know it's been a lot of years since I flew IL-2 1946.  I'll admit.  Back in the day, the dynamic campaign generator of choice was DCG by Lowengrin.  Is it still out there or is there something better? Is it compatible with BAT?  Are there any compatability patches that I may need?
“If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.”― Nick Lappos

Koi

Re: DCG?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 11:31:52 PM »

Yes it still work  and it can be found by simply doing a web search by entering  Lowengrin's DCG

Lupus

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 11:56:49 PM »

Yeah, I found it, but I wasn't sure, based on his last blog post, whether it still worked or not and whether it worked with BAT or not.  Thanks for letting me know.

Shakaali

• Campaigner
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 08:59:15 AM »

DCG still works and continues to develop. Current version is 3.49 (3.50 beta is out)

Out-of-the-box DCG works poorly with BAT, needs editing files. However, third-party campaigns created for BAT & DCG (or CUP & DCG) should work. 
"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

Koi

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 09:59:33 AM »

Yea,  My previous statement is a bit misleading , DCG does work but, as stated by Shakaali, One needs to keep in mind that it will not work  automatically on many of the maps due to the many changes and additions  made to BAT. It  also best to keep in mind  that DCG's original focus was World War 2 so the new additional eras like  jets or ww1 may not work without adjustments and some work. This in mind though  one should still be able to create new campaigns and those created for  BAT should work ok.

Lupus

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 09:24:24 PM »

Thanks.  My interest with DCG is in the WWII era.  Jets just don't do it for me, although I do find the idea of playing a Korea or Vietnam campaign somewhat tempting.  What changes for DCG with BAT should I make?  Assuming I stick to the WWII era?

I did notice some issues with BAT in the stock missions as well.  At least with the Carrier Training missions.  I don't remember, I think the F4U, take off mission didn't have a carrier where it was supposed to be so you immediately drop into the ocean and begin to sink.

Shakaali

• Campaigner
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 03:42:38 PM »

What changes for DCG with BAT should I make?  Assuming I stick to the WWII era?

Obligatory edits:
Class.dcg - List of aircraft. In BAT WAW there are more aircraft than in vanilla Il-2. You need to add them.
Allpayloads.dcg - All possible payloads for all aircraft (if more than default & empty). Changed payloads need to be updated
Payloads.dcg - Default payloads for all aircraft for different types of missions. Every entry must be in allpayloads.dcg also.

Voluntary edits:
Staticplanes.dcg - Static planes with unorthodox names should be added  - if you don't the campaign will work, but those static planes will not be shown.
Crewseats.dcg - For your crewmember names in multi-seat aircrafts

Nobody has made these files for complete BAT WAW, I'm afraid. Campaign creators usually edit these files only to match the particular campaign.  :(

DCG timeline spans from 1930 to 1946.

"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

Lupus

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 09:39:16 PM »

Wow.  And I wouldn't even begin to know how to edit and add all that data.  For one, I wouldn't know where to find all that data.  Although I'm sure if it exists in one document, a script could be written to automate the process.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 11:59:52 PM »

If let us know what campaign(s) you want to run we can help you through it. I have had  good luck with the stock campaigns so far.

Lupus

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »

I have 2 campaigns I'd like to run.  What I would like to do is start at the beginning of the war, or as early as I can, and "Fly the war" with two different "Careers".  One as Germany starting with the BF-109, and the other flying for the US Navy from Carriers.  I guess that means starting one in Poland in 1939.  The other, I'm still trying to figure out.  I want to start with the earliest campaign during the war and play from the US Navy with carrier flights flying the Wildcat to start.  Seems I'm starting in Hawaii for the US Navy.  I'm not sure which one of the others it should be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 27 queries.