Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: china coast map (agracier) problem  (Read 550 times)

cbradbury

china coast map (agracier) problem
« on: February 14, 2020, 04:37:04 PM »

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post a map query, but I don't see a 'new topic' option on the map threads.

I seem to have problems with takeoff from the airfields in the above map. The runways are so rough that I bounce like crazy then break the undercarriage whenever I attempt a takeoff. Has anyone else had this problem?

Koi

Re: china coast map (agracier) problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 07:28:01 PM »

This not an isolated case many maps have this problem , The simplest solution is to use one of the  FMB test airfields  found in
 the Static Ships menu . They are at the very bottom of the listing. Use a Number 4, 5 or 6 each is of a different size . I often to use them this myself

cbradbury

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 01:52:16 AM »

Thanks, Koi. The test runways do work, I posted this really for agracier in case he decides too rework. Great looking map, by the way!

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 02:05:59 AM »

there are two main technical ways to make airfields "even" as map creator. Agracier does not work on a BAT platform.
The auxiliary invisible airfield object is always a workaround for any campaign maker when the ground is even.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 03:17:31 AM »

Some maps were made with Zuti's friction mod and those airfields will only work in DBW/UP3. You have to rework (edit actors.static with unlocked fmb) them with blank airfield plates for 4.12 based modpacks. I never tried but maybe it also works if you put those blank plates in the mission file as a quick fix.

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 08:19:18 AM »

I have done this many times in the past. First you must have Unlocked FMB. Then make a folder in your IL2 Sturmovik folder Named Maps. Then copy the folder of the map you want to work on and paste it in the Maps folder you just created.

Make a folder called INI Back ups and COPY your bldconf.ini and your conf.ini and paste them in that back up folder. If you do not back up your files you will eventually screw your install so always back up files.

Now copy the bldconf.ini and the conf.ini from the Unlocked FMB folder and paste it in your IL2 Sturmovik folder overwriting the originals.
 Make sure that the conf.ini has this entry at the bottom of the [HotKey builder] section.
Ctrl C=copy
Ctrl X=cut
Ctrl V=paste

Open the static.ini of the map you are working on and search"  Title BlankPlate " without the quotes though, look for this entry  " Mesh   3do/airfield/Blank/ParkingLarge/mono.sim "  Change the entry to this .... Mesh  3do/airfield/Pac_Sand/ParkingLarge/mono.sim and click save on the ini file.  This way you will be able to see it when placed on the ground.

Now start your game and then go to full mission builder, open the map you are working on and find the Blank plate in your list, making sure you are in the blank section but choosing the one you altered. It will look like the Sand large plate. Now place several around a non populated area. then click and hold Alt+Right mouse and drag a square outline of the one's you laid down, this will hightlight them in red. Chose one and click on it and copy them by clicking Ctrl+C then paste them next to the others by clicking Ctrl+V. Connect them and now you have a large area. Copy those but dont paste yet. Move the others to the airfield and set them where you want them then paste others in an open area and move those to the airfield.
This allows you to paste a large amount instead of one at a time.

After you finish filling the entire area of the airfield, and it doesn't matter if the go beyond the airfield because the will be blank again, save the map and quit the game. Make a back up of the map's original folder you are working on by removing it from the mapmods folder and placing it on your desktop.  Then COPY and paste the map's folder you are working on from the Maps folder in your IL2 Sturmovik folder and paste it in your mapmods folder.

Now, go back to the static.ini and replace the" Pac_Sand "entry with" Blank "and save the .ini Now start your game and start a mission with a plane and it should all be fine now.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

SAS~Bombsaway

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 09:25:43 AM »

I took the time to fix both versions of this map and I dont see a thread for that map here on the SAS after doing a search so here is the link to my fix....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e2pk0g52dv4ee5l/ag_China_Coast.rar/file

cbradbury

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 09:41:24 AM »

...and your fix works brilliantly in BAT (just install into mapmods/maps). Thanks very much, bombsaway.

SAS~Bombsaway

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 09:43:24 AM »

You're most welcome.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 10:40:01 AM »

I have done this many times in the past. First you must have Unlocked FMB. Then make a folder in your IL2 Sturmovik folder Named Maps. Then copy the folder of the map you want to work on and paste it in the Maps folder you just created.

Make a folder called INI Back ups and COPY your bldconf.ini and your conf.ini and paste them in that back up folder. If you do not back up your files you will eventually screw your install so always back up files.

Now copy the bldconf.ini and the conf.ini from the Unlocked FMB folder and paste it in your IL2 Sturmovik folder overwriting the originals.
 Make sure that the conf.ini has this entry at the bottom of the [HotKey builder] section.
Ctrl C=copy
Ctrl X=cut
Ctrl V=paste

Open the static.ini of the map you are working on and search"  Title BlankPlate " without the quotes though, look for this entry  " Mesh   3do/airfield/Blank/ParkingLarge/mono.sim "  Change the entry to this .... Mesh  3do/airfield/Pac_Sand/ParkingLarge/mono.sim and click save on the ini file.  This way you will be able to see it when placed on the ground.

Now start your game and then go to full mission builder, open the map you are working on and find the Blank plate in your list, making sure you are in the blank section but choosing the one you altered. It will look like the Sand large plate. Now place several around a non populated area. then click and hold Alt+Right mouse and drag a square outline of the one's you laid down, this will hightlight them in red. Chose one and click on it and copy them by clicking Ctrl+C then paste them next to the others by clicking Ctrl+V. Connect them and now you have a large area. Copy those but dont paste yet. Move the others to the airfield and set them where you want them then paste others in an open area and move those to the airfield.
This allows you to paste a large amount instead of one at a time.

After you finish filling the entire area of the airfield, and it doesn't matter if the go beyond the airfield because the will be blank again, save the map and quit the game. Make a back up of the map's original folder you are working on by removing it from the mapmods folder and placing it on your desktop.  Then COPY and paste the map's folder you are working on from the Maps folder in your IL2 Sturmovik folder and paste it in your mapmods folder.

Now, go back to the static.ini and replace the" Pac_Sand "entry with" Blank "and save the .ini Now start your game and start a mission with a plane and it should all be fine now.

there is a "visible blank plates" mod:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=43134.0

SAS~Bombsaway

• SAS Team
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »

LOL. I'm just used to doing the old fashioned way. Takes two seconds to change the name. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 27 queries.