Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.8.1 Pegasus patch exe appearing not to run.  (Read 361 times)

Capt_Winters

3.8.1 Pegasus patch exe appearing not to run.
« on: February 13, 2020, 10:47:51 PM »

Hi SAS team,

firstly thank you for a great MOD. I have the game up and running to 3.8 Pegasus.

I have downloaded the 3.8.1 patch and run the executable. However I do not see any evidence of the program doing anything. The little mouse cursor circle spins for a second or two and then nothing.

I loaded the game to see if any of the new features had been installed, ie the He50 with its own slot in the TGA era. But I was unable to find that aircraft. The splash screens listed as 3.8 is that correct or should they list as 3.8.1 ?

I have set the exe to run as admin, I have made the file an exemption in the anti virus program. I started with a clean install and have followed the instructions to the letter having 3.8 running for the last couple of weeks without an issue (including a few online games).

using Win10 64bit

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

regards Rob.
"The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to have its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards." - Sir William Francis Butler.

whistler

• Modder
Re: 3.8.1 Pegasus patch exe appearing not to run.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 01:35:44 AM »

Hi Capt_Winters,

Make sure BAT_3.8.1_Update.exe size is around 300MB. Otherwise re-download it.

Restart Windows and try again. If that doesn't do it, manually extract contents of the patch to an empty folder and copy/move files extracted to your BAT v3.8.

We can provide more info about "extraction" if you don't know what I am talking about.

Regards,
NG-HUD v3.5H | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

Capt_Winters

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 02:19:52 AM »

Hi Whistler,

Thank you for the reply. I restarted the PC and then ran the exe file. this time the cursor circle spun for about 10 seconds but then just disappeared again. I'm not seeing any options to extract files to either the game folder or any other location. there no new window opening etc when running the exe file.

The file size is 309mb but I redownloaded the file just to be safe. second file exactly same size. It to is showing the same behaviour as described above.

If you have a method of extracting the files from the exe that doesn't involve a menu screen to select new location etc I would be happy to give that a go.

thank you again for your help, regards Rob.
"The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to have its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards." - Sir William Francis Butler.

Capt_Winters

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 02:23:55 AM »

Hi Whistler,

I have just worked out what the problem was, in the options for the executable file were you assign if you want to run it as administrator there was a small warning at the bottom of the box advising the file came from another computer and has been locked. I ticked the unlock box and the file ran as it should.

I've never noticed that option before and this is the first time I have had to use it to get an exe file to work, but Win10 did update on my PC yesterday maybe its a new feature.

thank you again for your assistance. regards Rob.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 02:37:24 AM »

That's great news.

Thanks for detailed report. I am sure it will help others!
NG-HUD v3.5H | NG-MAP v3.1 | NG-CAM v1.6: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 05:55:15 AM »

Thanks for the trust you place in our files :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 27 queries.