Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: UP3.3 server setup  (Read 1042 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
Re: UP3.3 server setup
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 01:36:11 AM »

Alright then.
Please report the size of the files "stationary.ini" and "technics.ini" in the folder "#UP#/STD/com/maddox/il2/objects".
In bytes please.

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.
In loving memory of times when I cared.

Uhu-Alpenrose

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 10:53:39 AM »

Here we go:

Stat.ini has 92.704 bytes
tech.ini has 481.384 bytes

Regards

ALPI

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 11:10:32 PM »

Sounds fine for me.
No idea what happened to your installation.
You could zip your whole #UP# folder, upload it and send link for further investigation, or just update to Patch 6 (which will replace the whole #UP# folder anyway) and see if that helps.

]cheers[
Mike
While love lives, while suns set, while snowmoons rise in november skies, while ties bind, while souls cry, while oceans ride in an endless tide, while love grows, while blood flows, while truth is real you need never feel alone.

Uhu-Alpenrose

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2020, 10:35:31 AM »

Hi Mike,

as mentioned in an earlier post, the patch 6 just changes the error message from the two KI to Ju88G, thats all.

Anyway will send you the UP Folder.

Thx for your Support

Regards

ALPI

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 02:42:31 AM »

Got your #UP# folder through wetransfer meanwhile.
Your files are binary identical to the ones we use on our FAC Server.
Looks like you've messed up something else in the base installation.
Time to start from scratch it seems.

]cheers[
Mike

Uhu-Alpenrose

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2020, 05:23:05 AM »

......no, thats not the Point.

It was a fresh Installation anyway. As mentioned before I tried on 3 different PC. On each the same error.

How did you built up your Server????.........coming from UP3.2 or straight from RC4????

If the Installation is fresh, what downloadfiles you have used????

ALPI

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2020, 06:17:20 AM »

The installation process is idiot proof and plain simple.
Whether you start with UP3 RC4 or UP3.2 doesn't matter.
UP 3.3 is self-contained, cumulative, and works as an update for both.

The errors you've mentioned (Ki-67 and Ju-88G related missing static plane classes) indicate that you've installed something incompatible on top which you don't mention here, for whatever reason.

There's really, really almost nothing simpler than installing UP3.3 on top of an existing UP3 client or server.
Just put it on top and don't muck around with it, that's all.

]cheers[
Mike

Uhu-Alpenrose

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 08:51:08 AM »

Hi Mike,

I know that it might be boaring for you, but I really did nothing else in the last days than trying to get the Server running.
I clearly dont want neither to waste your time nore my time and I specifically have no reason not to mention a Special Installation if I would have done any

So here is what I now did for more than a dozen of times on 3 different pc:

Started with your SAS Server patch 2.04 to 4.8---------------------------------------------------runs
then 4.9server plus 4.10server plus 4.101server------------------------------------------------- runs
then Your SAS UP3.0 Client plus Your Server patch UP3.0 plus serverpatch UP3.0RC4---------runs
then UP3.2------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- runs
then UP3.3-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------error with the already mentioned plane classes.

As an old IT rule I repeated the UP3.3. Installation 3 times but no Change

I did the same starting with historical 2.04server patch building all up manually, but no Change.

As you clearly say the Installation is idiot proof and I guess with the described Setup there is no mistake .........my base installation cannot be the reason????????!!!!!!!

Agree?????

Regards

ALPI

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 08:54:34 AM »

Can't tell.
You'd need to upload your full UP3 game folder so we can see what went wrong there.
It's really impossible to tell from my end as the whole process is dead simple and it's proven to work well.

]cheers[
Mike

boilingmetal

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 03:31:32 AM »

I know that it might be boaring for you, but I really did nothing else in the last days than trying to get the Server running.

I have the same problem as you.
I started to reinstall using the 4.08 server program, upgrade to 409 410 4101 up3rc rc_server_patch rc4_server_patch 3.2_patch5 3.3.
Until 3.2 patch5 is ok, when upgraded to 3.3, I encountered the problem of plane class.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 03:58:15 AM »

No idea what you guys are doing there.
The classfiles are definitely there in the "#UP#/Ultrapack 3.3" folder. They're the same as for clients. If they won't work for Servers, they won't work for Clients either.
We've got tons of clients who successfully installed Ultrapack 3.3 (and the latest Patch to it), even the least tech savvy ones managed to run an executable and let it do it's job.
Ask yourself why you can't.
And just saying: I'm yet to receive the requested full server upload for investigation from anyone.

The Server is working and our SAS/FAC Ultrapack Gameserver gives proof so for almost 6 years and more than 18.000 missions with players on them now: https://www.sas1946.rocks/up3test/missions.php

]cheers[
Mike

boilingmetal

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 05:47:40 AM »

No idea what you guys are doing there.
The classfiles are definitely there in the "#UP#/Ultrapack 3.3" folder. They're the same as for clients. If they won't work for Servers, they won't work for Clients either.
We've got tons of clients who successfully installed Ultrapack 3.3 (and the latest Patch to it), even the least tech savvy ones managed to run an executable and let it do it's job.
Ask yourself why you can't.
And just saying: I'm yet to receive the requested full server upload for investigation from anyone.

The Server is working and our SAS/FAC Ultrapack Gameserver gives proof so for almost 6 years and more than 18.000 missions with players on them now: https://www.sas1946.rocks/up3test/missions.php

]cheers[
Mike

Mike

I have absolutely no doubt whether 3.3 itself can run stably.  This is a public version that has been running normally on lots servers.
I think I still missed something in the installation process, but it is difficult to find it with my knowledge.
At present, my network provider has limited my upload speed. I can only upload files at a speed of 300KB, which makes it difficult for me to package and upload the server successfully.
Especially because of the problem of network censorship (you know, I can't say much about it), I need to buy paid VPN traffic to do this, which takes some time.
After I have finished all this, I will inform you in time.

If you like, I'm not sure if an alternative method can be used. I can provide MD5HASH of all files in my folder, which is obviously faster than uploading the files to the server completely, so I can quickly find out the differences between those files.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 27 queries.