Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whites overexposed  (Read 1193 times)

DESPEREAUX

Re: Whites overexposed
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 02:34:58 AM »

Hello! I noticed as far back as 3.7, but I did not betray the meaning that in QMB on winter maps, with the time of day somewhere from 8 to 18 PM, the landscape is too overexposed.
This is observed in several Katra.
Perhaps this can be somehow fixed.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 03:12:10 PM »

Winter maps look like this when you select a summer month for date. This can be done in the map load.ini and also in the mission files of QMB.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 04:18:31 PM »

I get tripped up by this not too infrequently. ;)

It might be a nice game feature if a map's load.ini could contain a parameter setting the acceptable range of months or dates. For example, for the winter Moscow map, its load.ini could have line entries something like this:

DateEarly 10
DateLate 3

10 and 3 are October and March, of course.

(If no date limit applies, such as for the tropics, no such line entries need be present. Or the early and late values could be 1 and 12, respectively.)

If a mission date fell outside of this range, the nearest permissible one would be set. Using the above, if a mission set Sep 15, the game would make it Oct 1. Naturally, it would be incumbent on mission/campaign designers to observe these limits, especially if twilight times are an important element.

But then again, this is not a particularly obnoxious matter that necessarily warrants actioning.

DESPEREAUX

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 03:22:08 AM »

Thank you very much for the answer, for some reason I did not pay attention to it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 26 queries.