Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Thorneycroft Amazon WF/AC6/1/Coles Mk VII, series 2.  (Read 15833 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Thorneycroft Amazon WF/AC6/1/Coles Mk VII, series 2.
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2020, 12:41:49 PM »

Looking very good, Pete. Like me, you go where the Muse takes you.

Best Regards
Mike

Absolutely Mike, I consider this as therapy for my health issues, it keeps me focused, I go where I feel the need and do it in dribs and drabs as I can and eventually with luck and application I should get there. :D :o

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2020, 11:19:42 AM »

Finally made a start on the cranes iron work over the weekend. ;)

The boom is a construction of various sizes of angled steel all welded together and of various sizes
rather than a solid single entity pivoting above the cab and using a rod or pulleys to move it up and
down:

The real thing:

Decided it was time to make a slot for this to set things up ready for when it is finished, eventually
I will most likely have three versions, R.A.F., Army and Civilian each with summer desert and Winter
folders I think. ;)

Moving , moving, racing a tank: :D

Stationary:

Dead:

Take care.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2020, 04:04:33 AM »

Okay, enough playing around in the FMB blowing shit up, grow up Pete. :D

On we go with the project. ;)

Mapping and paint done for the crane support arms:

This is a indicator of some sort, the dish mounts on the boom while the pointer and its parts are on the
arms as far as I can see.  The real thing has writing on the dish that I cannot make out but most likely
has a scale that indicates height and the weight the boom can stand during a lift:

Construction of the boom begins:

The intention was to do one side and then mirror that once mapped:

These are the bracing plates along the boom:

And the angle iron bracing pieces, really awkward to make these as they have angles cut at the ends
rather than just a straight cut through to cut it off a longer length:

Underneath, you will notice in the images a copy of the long booms this is just for alignment and will
be replaced by the complete side in construction once mapped and mirrored:

Mapping the bracing parts, all will be mapped as separate units and then brought together later for
placing of each mapped section on the skin:

As best I can I am mapping the main faces that will be seen top, bottom and each side for placing on the
skin template so any camouflage pattern should be okay, some items though will need to be placed off the
boom images as they are seen from the front and back.

This part of the build is proving particularly tiresome as they need to be mapped from different viewpoints,
the thinner edges are incorporated into the larger faces for ease of working and the particular face mapped
back and front together as most of those face are inside the boom they will just use the colour on that outer
face so it should not be a issue with the camouflaged versions, at least I hope not. :D

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2020, 03:40:56 PM »

Now starting to look the part, slowly but surely does it. ;)

Checking the various faces of the boom to make sure things where as I intended:

There were some issues with those out of the way the proper colour is added:

I exported it once and there was a light issue, sorting the re set X form had given some issues due to
the way this had been constructed and so some faces were the wrong way around but with a little
tinkering and swearing it turned out okay:

The boom now needs all the other bits and pieces making with the cable reels and hook to be sorted out
yet but thankfully all that girder work is finally out of the way. 8)

Take care.

jpten

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »

Looking good.  The boom over the cab would be good for a moving version but for static objects will there be a boom at 90 degrees to the chassis?

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2020, 03:05:23 PM »

Hello jpten, glad you like things so far. 8)

The current build includes the crane cab on its own as a separate object and that has been set up to pivot around a centre spot so can be placed anywhere, you will see it in some of the earlier images on its own and positioned and turned on one of the chassis, once complete the intention is to have separate versions of that cab with a raised and lowered boom so you should be able to position things to work in most situations. ;)

See here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,62807.msg697523.html#msg697523

The download in the first post has that cab but the boom was not done when I posted, however, if you install you will get a idea of what I hope the final will be like.

I will also have to make some different sling varieties to replicate varying loads, what exactly they will look like is as yet unknown, getting the primary vehicle finished is first up, with that out the way I can look at the situations it would have been deployed in and what loads it might have carried.

Take care.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2020, 03:31:45 PM »

Hello guys, there is a new link for you in the first page. ;)

Please completely remove the existing folder as I have now changed it from a pure object folder as it includes the java for a moving version as well as the objects.

I have now added a moving version.

There are raised and lowered versions of the crane boom, however parts still have to be made to complete it.

New entries need to be added for additional folders, see each file within the folder.

Updated templates.

Take care.

Zflyer48

• Modder
  • There is no failure in doing; only in not trying.
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2020, 05:17:39 PM »

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2020, 10:26:35 AM »

Glad you like it Mike. 8)

I needed to take a few days away from building for life and health reasons so thought I might as well post up progress so far so those following progress can get a idea of how I want the structure of the folders to be.  There are various options, enough I feel now, that show the Thorneycroft vehicle in various forms, all you need do is add the crane version of choice, maybe I will add one inbetween the high and low although maybe not really needed.

New additions now will involve finishing the crane boom and its cables and pulleys, following that the engine still needs to be started, however, I feel there is enough of the project together to allow users to mess around with various configurations of their own, they can attach things with the hier so there might be existing objects or parts of other things that could be added.

Not sure when build will start again, hopefully soon, I cannot manage the pain it decides if and when I proceed, fuck I hate this insidious condition.

Anyway, stay tuned, I will be back on it, meanwhile enjoy tinkering with what is there for now.

Take care.

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2020, 01:05:14 PM »

Fantastic! Thank you for your hard work, Pete. 8)

Best regards,
Piotrek

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2020, 02:42:11 AM »

Fantastic! Thank you for your hard work, Pete. 8)

Best regards,
Piotrek

Glad you like it so far and are finding a use for it, once I get around to making the rest of the crane items it will really look the part but you get the idea of developing yourself by adding the trailer.

There are a lot of separate parts in the pack at the moment that will be consolidated with other items into larger meshes up to the polygon level but things like the front mudguards and the engine covers I will leave as small meshes to allow for there use in dioramas as a detached part during maintenance and such, it is still developing so ideas are always popping into my head. :D

Take care.

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Keep calm and carry on
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2020, 03:16:39 AM »

Thanks for yet another GREAT add-on, Pete!
My aim: to build campaigns for Mods! You can find them here: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=search&sa=740
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 28 queries.