Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extracting Mods  (Read 249 times)

ImHellaTweaked

Extracting Mods
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »

Sorry for being absolutely brain dead, but how do I extract a mod into my game folder succesfully? I have 7.Zip but don't know exactly how to use it. The mod im trying to download is the Cockpit Upgrade Pack. Basically I just need to know how to get the files where they need to be.

WxTech

• Modder
Re: Extracting Mods
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 03:01:20 AM »

Assuming you have 7.zip properly installed, you simply double-click the compressed archive. A window will open, and you click on the extract icon (a blue minus sign in my version.) By default, the contents will be extracted to the same folder the compressed archive resides in.

Usually, a mod will be supplied in its own unique folder and sub-folders. If not, the contents will be dispersed among other folders/files you may have present.

For a simple example...

You have a folder for mod downloads as such:

C:/Mod Downloads/

In this folder you've placed a few downloads:

CoolMod.7z
WickedMod.7z
Mediocre mod.7z

You're excited to extract WickedMod.7z. So you double-click it, and click on "Extract".  You might then see a listing along these lines (in alphabetical order, by default):

CoolMod.7z
Mediocre mod.7z
MODS
Wicked mod.7z

The new entry is a folder called "MODS". (It might be "#SAS, or "3do", or whatever.) You double-click it to see what it contains, and keep double-clicking each newly revealed folder until you get to the end. Such as...

MODS/Wicked_109E-7_repaint/3do/Cockpit/Bf-109E-7/

Within which are a bunch of files.

You will either move or copy this newly extracted folder and its contents to the appropriate folder in your modded game, the structure of which I presume you understand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 27 queries.