Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rockets from pods exploding mid-air / AI not attacking ground targets  (Read 1286 times)

taro77

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?
Im trying different kind of rocket pods, and each rocket explodes around 100m in front of the aircraft, mid-air.
Im using Weapons Pack, Weapons Pack Gen2016, Engine Mod, Jet Era, Marine Aviation Pack and all other required mods for the jets to work.
Example of the pods would be:

Russians:  UB32, UB16, UB-32-57, ORO-57, MARS-2
Americans:  LAU3, LAU32, LAU68

Furthermore, AI doesnt want to attack ground targets in quick battles. All they do is circle high above the targets, without dropping the bombs.

Attached is my load order.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: Rockets from pods exploding mid-air / AI not attacking ground targets
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 01:41:25 PM »

Can you access this topic ? Once discussed here.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,60453.0.html

taro77

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 02:08:52 PM »

Fixed the mid air explosion, thank you, But the AI still doesnt attack the targets...

Can you access this topic ? Once discussed here.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,60453.0.html

Do not quote pics!

enry711

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 05:21:39 PM »

Hi taro77. There are some workaround for that.
I am making several single missions for JTW and i encountered your same problem regarding AI behavior with ground attack missions.
There are 3 FMB solutions:

1) Use Aimpoint object; Aimpoint is a object that permits your AI to drop all bombs on the object position. It works with AI and fixes both the single drops of bombs for some AI planes and also their bombing capability.

2) Try to use less/more fuel or less/more speed or altitude in your waypoints; if you find the sweet spot in which the AI is able to drop, you are set. F-4s for example have 500m at 800 Km/h usually.

3) Try to set or disable the "Target Set" feature in FMB; AI can behave very differently if you let it choose their own targets or set a priority target.

Regarding QMB...there isn't a real solution. QMB missions are designed for WW2 scenarios with WW2 planes and the standard waypoints present in the QMB missions are almost always not suitable for jets; for example in many maps you spawn with your jet at 300 Km/h and immidiately starting to lose altitude: this spawn speed is typical of WW2 planes.

If you design your mission in FMB you can assure to set everything properly, whereas QMB has the old Il-2 46 standard missions in it.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 06:53:48 PM »

A bit off-topic, though ....

Regarding QMB...there isn't a real solution.
(snip)
If you design your mission in FMB you can assure to set everything properly, whereas QMB has the old Il-2 46 standard missions in it.

Stock or WWII suitable user made QMB missions show such behavior you described, enry.

So, JetEra suitable QMB missions can be built by us.
One mission pack I succeeded to finish is NW Europe one for B.A.T. I've published here.
 --- https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,60185.0.html

AI decision limitation still fail GAttack even such newly made missions.
High speed + big turning radius of modern jets are out of 1946's AI supposition.
Usually AI jets overshoot GA waypoints automatic generated internal (not mission's waypoints).

enry711

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 11:11:55 AM »

Oh i did not know that NW Europe was suitable for JTW. Thank you western for making it compatible. :)
Regarding the stock QMB missions i completely agree, we can build them and publish them but first i need to take a look on how QMB missions work.
I'm making a 30 mission pack in JTW with lots of ground attacks and air superiority and i constantly fought against AI behavior with jets. Luckly i found some tricks to get around some major problems like, for example, big turning radios.
If you want, i can send you one of my WIP missions so you can see what did i do to convince even heavy planes to drop almost exactly where i want to. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 25 queries.