Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little help with DGen, got an error I don't understand  (Read 469 times)

Barkhorn1x

Re: Little help with DGen, got an error I don't understand
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 08:22:54 AM »

AMIOT = must have spelled it incorrectly when I searched - doh!!

NN, Normandie Nieman = good point.  Want to check the stock files as - maybe the issue is there ain't no Arme de L'air/French in DGen.  Could that be it?

SAS~vampire_pilot

• SAS Team
  • The man of a million fixes
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2019, 08:45:00 AM »

well, could be. You can't simply add any squadrons. The BOF campaigns do not have any other than NN so I presume that's the only possibility to get a French squad.
You need to assign aircraft and loadouts to a faction in Planes.dat, maybe that's the point? But you could check how this is handled in Stock EuroPlanes?

In the modded one we used there are entries:
Allies   France     Fighter         YAK_1                350 3000 3000 default                                  1
Allies   France     Fighter         YAK_9                350 3000 3000 default                                  1
Allies   France     Fighter         YAK_3                400 3000 3000 default                                  1

but only these three for "France" and all of these aircraft also have a "Russia" entry too, which maybe saves the day in case the "France" one is incorrect.... I don't have a stock set on hand to check if that's stock or not.

Hoiwever, the BOF campaigns use the "France" denomination in their Planes.dat files, so...

BUT...

All these planes also would have another allied country entry in EuroPlanes! Russia or England. So again, this could be a day saver, in case the France one is considered void and overlooked. Any Mod plane only added with "France" would have no fallback anywhere....

Wild ideas, I know;)

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 08:58:09 AM »

Good info. and I'll do some testing at some point this week.

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 06:46:48 AM »

Tested CampaignsFrB - Normandie Nieman in Kurland.
- NN flies the Yak-3 only.
- No KurlandxxPlanes file to worry about.
- So removed the Yak-3 USSR entries from Europlanes.dat and...

...NO issues.  Campaign generated.  Multiple missions flown.

So...France implementation does not appear to be the issue and I am stumped here.  Sorry.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 26 queries.