Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 and CH Control manager and Track IR  (Read 2969 times)

cbradbury

Re: Windows 10 and CH Control manager and Track IR
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2019, 08:56:52 AM »

Hi Papa,

a quick walkthrough on how I get my CH products working using Win10 only (i.e. no CH control manager – which I can’t get to work with Win10 anyway).

1. Connect the device(s) to a USB port and windows should find and install them automatically.

2. Navigate to settings/control panel/ devices and printers.

3. Your device should show up there with a gamepad graphic but correctly named e.g. ‘CH PRO Pedals USB’.

4. Right click on the gamepad graphic and select ‘game controller settings’. This should launch a dialog box listing all attached devices.

5. Select the one you want in the list and hit the ‘properties’ button. That opens a dialog box that lets you check and most importantly, calibrate, the device. The dialog guides you through the process.

6. Repeat for all relevant devices, e.g. throttle, pedals, and stick.

7. Launch BAT and allocate all buttons and axes of your choice in the ‘controls’ page.

Hope this helps.

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 03:05:30 PM »

By using cbradbury's 7 point technique I got everything to work except the brakes...But I have a "B" key for that so I flew for a long time with no problems...
Until I shut down and rebooted.  Then I had to start the process all over again.

It just will not hold my controls in their proper positions to recognize them  again after a reboot.

And I have no idea how to get them to hold the correct that position...

A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

cbradbury

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 01:46:42 AM »

Sorry, Papa, I am unable to help you with that issue. Maybe someone else has some ideas?

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 02:38:32 PM »

Is your pilots folder set to "read only"? Check by rightclicking the folder and go to "properties" and check.
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2019, 05:56:20 PM »

Flying H, If you mean my il2 folder where the BAT is installed...
Yes,  it is set to read only and it is installed on the "C" drive.. Through LeGrand Cirque
A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 02:14:02 PM »

Then you need to remove the tock for "r o", otherwise your changes will not be saved for your next startup. The only file that may need to be "r o" is the conf.ini or rather make a copy of that file and save it in a new folder named so you find it easily. By the way when you´ve got the settings for "your_pilot_name" as you like save the folder in the same place for backup.
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2019, 05:44:34 PM »

I took the check out of the read only of my il2 install folder and made sure that conf.ini has a check in the ro file and I was able to get the ch pedals and power lever to work just great every time after a restart...however the Fighterstick will not run after a reboot...
after I re select it to another usb port then it will fly fine until the next shutdown.  then it will not work...  I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I am doing
it wrong every time...  I have run the fighterstick in each and every usb port several times over the last two days with the same results.

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2019, 11:16:25 PM »

I just had a wonderful time of flying..the ch flight controls all worked right from the installing into the usb ports until I shut down for the night...
There must be a way to save everything so that it will start up properly tomorrow, I just don't know how to do it...

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »

I finely figured it out.
I uninstalled each and every left over piece of the CH control panel.
I uninstalled each and every piece of the Track IR 5 and reinstalled it again from the newest software.
I then uninstalled and completely cleaned my system of all of the BAT il2 1946 game.

Then I re-installed il2 4.07 and played it.  IF...after my installation the Track IR 5  worked with my setup, and I could recenter Track IR 5,
then I knew my game would also be played via my CH controls.

Then I could re-load each and every piece of BAT.  I always took two re-boots, but then the Track IR 5 and the game would work together.

Every thing is working...I am Happy.  "except for one small problem"   I have finely lost my Depth Perception because my  level off on landing is just a bit high,
or I skip or bounce a bit on landing.. I'm still a month short of 80, so I guess I can't have everything...

Anyway..you can count this ...Problem Solved...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 26 queries.