Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 and CH Control manager and Track IR  (Read 2974 times)

PapaG39

• Supporter
Windows 10 and CH Control manager and Track IR
« on: September 12, 2019, 09:47:13 PM »

I just made the change over from win7 to win 10.  il2 loaded right up and I am as far as Angles high. I have been able to run the game via the Black death and others and it works perfectly...
However I am not able to fly normal using my track IR 5 and the CH Fighterstick.
Has anyone else encountered this situation and found out how to fix the problem.  I am about ready to just give up and walk away from the best flying I have had since real life experiences...I really hate to call it quits after so many years of enjoyment.

A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Windows 10 and CH Control manager and Track IR
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 11:09:03 PM »

I am not able to fly normal using my track IR 5 and the CH Fighterstick.
What exactly is the issue?
The CH Control Manager Software is known to have issues with Windows 10.
The CH guys are unable to sort out the issues apparently, see: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33059-users-of-ch-products-gear-with-control-manager-software-be-advised/
However several users seemed to have found workarounds, see: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33087-enabling-ch-products-joystick-control-manager-in-windows-10/

TrackIR works fine with Windows 10, assuming you have the latest software and drivers installed.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 11:57:56 PM »

I've been using TrackIR since I was in XP - lo, for about 14 years now, and it's updated itself through the three OSs and three PCs I've been through since. Each TrackIR update was a pleasant surprise. They even took me from 4 to 5. I've had to get tech help from them a couple of times over those years (managed to break not one, but two of those light-fork things), and they've always been very friendly and helpful:

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/help/

Not much I can say about the controller. I'm using a Logitech force-feedback unit that dates to it must be twelve years ago. Still working fine, knock wood, and it's kept itself continuously up-to-date as per the TrackIR.
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 12:12:31 AM »

I have been and am still using a CH products stick. I stopped using the Contol Manager software but the stick still works fine.

livernyc

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »

Up until recently I was using CH Stick, Throttle and ruder peddles all on Win 10 with both B.A.T. and the stock game with no issues. 

I never used any of the CH software just TrackIR and native windows support for the devices. 

I have noticed if I run the game through the Steam client my peddles do not work.  As long as I lunch the game outside of Steam everything works with no issues. 

Within the last two months I switch over my Throttle to a Trust-Master but my remaining CH products still work just fine.

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 12:06:54 PM »

Thank you all.. 
I will look at all of the notes and try to sort it out.
I may need to replace my throttle, but the Fighter stick seems to work ok.  After I read all the notes you all have given me
I will begin the sort out procedure.  It just takes me a lot of time to do the sorting out...  Just slow on computers..ha ha I will give the Track IR
people a call just to make sure I have it setup correctly...I forget from last time ...so it may be wrongly set up.
I will uninstall CH & go Native & see how that works for me.

Thank you all for the info...I really appreciate it.
A Pilots Prayer:  "May you not run out of airspeed, altitude and ideas all at the same time".

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 01:27:17 PM »

I currently use the CH stick, throttle, and pedals. Once I uninstalled the CH software, I did have to re-initialize the three devices in my game; by that I mean that I had to go into the Hotas controls section and redo all of the settings that interact with the controls. It worked fine after that.

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 08:26:19 PM »

I have been trying your suggestions via the CH control manager and even got the game working once but when I rebooted
I couldn't get it back again.
The best I could get was via the win 10 workarounds from SS Strobror. But only once and then couldn't get it back.  and that was only because I was able to calibrate all three controls.

I would like to try the Win 10 native controls from windows but when I go to the controls they do not look like my fighterstick,power and pedals so I can not calibrate them to work..
I am really not in the know on what I am doing here so that is a big bit of the problem I'm sure.
close but no cigar

PapaG39

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 04:58:20 PM »

I just can not get my ch products to continue working BAT for me and I know that I will never be able to figure out how to keep them working with WIN 10...
What other products have you all found that will work in windows 10?  Christmas is coming so I will just have to save up and get back into BAT later...

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 11:19:28 PM »

I have no issues whatsoever with my trusty rusty X-52 Pro, just saying.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 12:00:33 AM »

Still using and quite happy with the Logitech Force 3D Pro I bought eleven or twelve years ago. (On the one hand: Unreal.  ;D On the other: *knocking wood*.)

A ya tsi-tsalagi.

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2019, 07:29:18 AM »

PapaG39:

How many control inputs/outputs do you have hooked up to your computer? I have the following (please stay with me I'll explain):

1 - Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 keyboard
1 - Razer Naga 2014 mouse
1 - Razer Orbweaver Chroma keypad
1 - Logitech C920 Webcam
1 - Razer BlackShark headset
1 - TrackIR 5
1 - CH Fighterstick USB
2 - Logitech Flight Throttle Quadrants
1 - Logitech (what used to Saitek) rudder pedals

Now, where's all this leading? All four of the game inputs plus TrackIR would work fine when I cold started the computer. I was having problems when I would reboot the computer - the rudder pedals would drop offline. I was going crazy until, one day, I accidentally disconnected my Razer Orbweaver Chroma keypad from the keyboard USB pass-through port. I didn't notice it when I rebooted the computer but suddenly all four inputs were working and, when I plugged the keypad back in it worked as well. I discovered that the keypad is considered a HID-compliant game controller and, on reboot, this would jump ahead of the rudder pedals during initialization.

Here's what to look for:

From the Control Panel go to Devices and Printers
Check through and see how many HID-compliant game controllers are showing.
Right click on each one, hit Properties, the Hardware tab, and see what HID-compliant game controller is connected to what piece of hardware.

At this point start disconnecting the HID-compliant game controllers that are not directly related to the game. Restart your computer and see if that solves the problem.

Someone other than myself may be able to tell you how to get your devices to boot in the correct order - possibly through changing USB ports but I'm not sure.

Hope this helps.

Bob
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 26 queries.