Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused on the BAT install instructions.  (Read 2506 times)

jack72

Confused on the BAT install instructions.
« on: September 11, 2019, 01:33:24 PM »

I have a steam copy of Il2 1946 and downgraded it to 4.12.2 in my steam D directory.
Made a copy of the Il2 1946 to another file name in my D directory
I then copied the necessary files from the Direct to Drive patch as indicated to the IL-2 copy (not the original)

I am downloading the setup and the 29 bat files and have the zip files stored in a directory called Downloads

Do I  move the setup file and unzip the 29 Bat files to another directory and then run the setup?
OR
Do i just run the setup file from the directory named Downloads without unzipping the 29 bat files.

Also, in the Bat Download section there are a number of BAT versions from 3.3 to 3.7.
After installing the 29 bat files do I just install 3.7 for everything or do I need everything from 3.3 to 3.7,

One last question.  Is it possible to install dawn of flight campaign and missions and switch between that and The Golden Age or The Jet Age without have to delete and reinstall each one every time I switch.

This is confusing since there is a message that says
"This is the base install.  The B.A.T. Expansion Packs very simply apply over the top of your B.A.T. install.  If you change your Mod folders you cannot apply the Expansion Packs until you revert them to their original state.
"

Mocherfinger

Re: Confused on the BAT install instructions.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 02:37:18 PM »

Hey Jack72
This is how I did it. Mark all of the BAT files in whatever folder you have it, right click, extract files.
Set IL 2 root folder the destination folder to extract, yes to everything a couple times. Is gonna take a while...
That's it, no .exe involved.
Same way w/ the expansion packs, and by no modding it means don't add anything to JGSME.

jack72

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 02:53:35 PM »

Thanks

The expansion packs...is that the 3.3 to 3.7 files?....so I add each one then....

After that I add the Dawn of flight, The Golden Age, World at War and Jet Age to Il 2 folder.
will I see mission from each era then or does each one of the DOF, GA, WW and JA (above) have to have it's own separate install of Il2 1946 upgraded with bat files

Mocherfinger

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 03:39:42 PM »

Well yes, but actually no.
You got the 3.1 , 3.2 , thing right. But Dawn of flight, The Golden Age, World at War and Jet Age are "modules"
already built in BAT. 3.1,2,3,4... and so forth will just add content and fixes (someone correct me if i'm wrong)
to the different modules you can access throught the Il-2 selector.
So after the last update you won't need (or shouldn't) to add anything else to the game.
Although...
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61055.0.html
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,54755.0.html

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 10:08:54 PM »

always use the exe installer!

jack72

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 07:56:28 PM »

So now i have the 29 BAT files installed,
Checked the Config and made a few changes as it said to.
Start IL 2 and it works----yeah for me..... ]headbang[

I downloaded Checkpoint Charlie 3.0 and ran the game....it still works....I'm on a role... ]hello2[.
After changing the selector to DOF, TGA and JTW I noticed their isn't a lot of campaigns or missions for them...perhaps I need to continue to get them.

So I downloaded the Operation Sealion 3.1 files and used the extractor tool.  I got a message saying the "files are corrupt".  ]banghead[ ]banghead[
I noticed that the suggestion is to use the Torrent.

I have never used a torrent file but when I download it from mediafire, I  only get a file that is 53 kb.
To open this it says I need to use some sort of app....what do I use for that.  I thought that Winzip would open them?  If not what do I use.

Mocherfinger

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 09:01:17 PM »

The torrent version works perfectly, try that.
Always run the .exe as admin.

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 02:07:18 AM »

You need to open the torrent link in BitTorrent client prog. I use this
https://www.qbittorrent.org

This will provide an option to specify the location to save the download file then starts the download. If the download is interrupted it will restart without corrupting the file. For the system to work for everyones benefit then allow your saved file to be “seeded”.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 02:58:57 AM »

So I downloaded the Operation Sealion 3.1 files and used the extractor tool.  I got a message saying the "files are corrupt".  ]banghead[ ]banghead[

Whatever you do there, stop doing it and use the goddam installer exe, not some "workaround" extraction shit.
Seriously, we write this for a reason and it could not be easier.

You usually download 4 or 5 zip files and one exe installer. Put all of them together in a new directory and run the exe directly into your BAT install (this is IMPORTANT)
There will be an installation log created in that folder which shows errors if there are any (like for example if the exe can't open a zip for some reason). Post that here and we will tell you what the problem is, there's no rocket science in this unless you make it one.

jack72

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 06:18:40 AM »

Hold on to your hat there mate......
Sorry I meant ...installer.exe,

I deleted the files and am re-downloading them now.
Once I get them  I will try and run the INSTALLER.EXE program.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 06:39:41 AM »

sorry then :)

It's just that some people are sometimes very resistant to advice and insist on doing something special. It happened before.
but if you have an installation trouble, it's still good to look at or post the installer log.

jack72

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 06:50:03 AM »

I understand.....no problem
I redownloaded and ran the installer and it worked.
I may have ran the installer from the zip file before unzipping it to my directory....
Anyway...it worked and installed......On to the next one.

By the way, I noticed a zip for skins V3.  Does it matter when I install them.....
I was going to do that last after I get the 3.7 Le Grand Cirque

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 27 queries.