Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Taking requests!  (Read 14750 times)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: Taking requests!
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2019, 02:25:28 AM »

since it was asked here at one point, I'd like to announce that I will convert two old campaigns around Suez Crisis, one for RN one for Israel and maybe another set I have for Egypt which is fictional.

Great news! And it means I don't have to try an era I know too little of ...  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2019, 05:25:07 PM »

I am still pondering what to do next, but I just want to check one thing. As far as I can see, there are no campaigns at all for the following fighter or heavy fighter type of aircraft:

• CAC Boomerang
  • Fw Ta-154 "Moskito"
  • Seversky P-35
  • Breda Ba.88 "Lince"
  • Breuget Br.693
  • Curtiss CW-21B
  • Mitsubishi F1M2 "Pete"

Am I correct?  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

CDS025_DOGO

• Saludos Camaradas
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2019, 02:41:07 PM »

My apologies, for not knowing how to help you  :P

larschance

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2019, 04:31:09 PM »

Hi Poltava. Congratulations on an epic amount of campaigns with such a variety too. And good work on updating them for BAT.
I believe the planes you list are not catered for yet.
There was a short campaign for the Philippine AF with the P26 Peashooter but I am not sure if the P35 was included. That is the only combat the P35 was involved in as far as I know. In fact the 34 Pursuit Squadron with 38 P35As flew in combat from 8th December 1941 to 3rd May 1942. At least 24 were destroyed on the ground. 8 survivors moved to Bataan on 6th January but some were downed by nervous friendly fire. They claimed a few enemy planes and lost only a few in return.
The CW21B was used in the NEI and during the Japanese invasion of Java according to my reference books. Small numbers ideal for Il2 missions. I can supply operational details if you dont already have them.
The Boomerang was used over the new Guinea jungle as a spotter and recce plane but I don't think it ever fought Japanese planes, although they were in the area.
The Br693 should provide some exciting ground attack missions in 1940.
The Pete recce fighter was very agile and was known to attack B24s as well as other fighters.
I hope this gives you some idea of choice.
The Ba88 was mainly used as an airfield decoy due to its lack of ability to stay in flight on one engine.
The Ta154 was in limited use as a night fighter

221teddy

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2019, 09:01:45 AM »

For the CW-21 at least two great campaigns by Vole are available for the stock game at M4T:

Dutch Demons
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4092

Java in Japanese Jaws
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=4203

Playing them in the marvelous VP-mod-pack (compatible with every stock campaign/mission!) gives them an outstanding new (more realistic) look. I don't know if these campaigns are compatible wit the BAT-mod-pack - I did not check. BAT is not allways compatible with stock campaigns/missions. But the graphical quality of the VP mod pack is at least as good as BAT and the performance (fps) is largely sufficient.
I have allways two mod-packs installed on my SSD: the BAT-mod-pack since nowadays it is the mod to go for, and the VP-mod-pack (including the Jet-pack) because of the wonderful graphics, the availability of a large number of compatible modded campaigns at M4T and its 100% compatibility with stock campaigns/missions up to version 4.12.2m - so you have hundreds of good stock campaigns available. Disk space is not so expensive today.....

gn728

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2019, 01:15:23 PM »

Greetings sir - would love to see any Finnish Front campaigns you haven't already done....

221teddy

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2019, 02:49:47 PM »

Another idea for a new/old campaign: there exists a set of "Battle of Britain - day by day" campaigns by Hamm66 (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2048) for three different mod packs. Unfortunately the HSFX variant (the only contemporary 4.12.2 variant) is very basic. But the older variants for older mods (DBW 1.71, TFM 4.12) are really giant. I have never seen anywhere else such epic aerial battles in IL-2 1946 - sometimes more than 100 planes. Unfortunately these full scale variants are not compatible with the recent BAT or VP modpacks. Taking into consideration the beautifully detailed BAT channel map and the excellent fps performance of this recent mod pack it would be a good idea to convert one of the full versions of this campaign for the BAT modpack. The result should be outstanding.....

Dr Strangelove

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »

Anti-shipping and ASW capabilities of various craft are not used very often. How about a Coastal Command dynamic campaign against U-Boats?

blackshark

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2019, 03:51:37 AM »

I am very interested in PTO and I see that there are not many "historical" campaigns about usa vs japan with carrier operations.
I found something but in old dbw and in 4.13 but not much in 4.12 (at least i did not find).
Above all there is almost nothing with Hellcat, helldivers and/or japanese bombers such as B5N2.

So I would appreciate very much any historical campaign with all the features of BAT.

I think the DBW dcg Carrier Operations by lonestar67 will greatly benefit of all.BAT features.
Another very old (90 missions) campaign is USS Enterprise campaign by horsemen.

Still would be fine to have historical campaign with pearl harbor and midway operations with BAT features.

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2019, 07:10:09 AM »

I am very interested in PTO and I see that there are not many "historical" campaigns about usa vs japan with carrier operations.

May I make a suggestion?

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,62427.0.html

blackshark

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2019, 10:00:01 AM »

Yes just downloaded :)

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2019, 02:52:58 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 27 queries.