Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Polikarpov C.C.C. for 4.12?  (Read 627 times)

herbarnold99

Polikarpov C.C.C. for 4.12?
« on: July 07, 2019, 01:12:07 PM »

Hi All,

If I understand correctly, the Polikarpov C.C.C. was introduced in the 4.13 release. Has it ever been cut out and made available as a separate mod for 4.12?

I'm aware of DreamK's "Polikarpov R-Z Natacha" for 4.10 & 4.12, but I think that's a slightly different aircraft? (The RZ and CCC skins are quite different, anyway...)

Thanks for any enlightenment, please feel free to move this post if I've put it in the wrong part of the forum...

Cheers,
Herb

Dreamk

• Modder
Re: Polikarpov C.C.C. for 4.12?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 12:27:53 AM »

CCC is a special ground attack version of the Polikarpov R-5 (it is not of the RZ which was a further development of the R5).
Four (on some aircraft 6) additional ShKAS machine guns with 200 rounds each were added inside the wing, between ribs 5 & 7, inclined forward. (the original R-5 was armed with PV-1 machine guns) ,
]The machine gun triggers were incorporated into the pilot's joystick. He could decide to fire the two most outer wing machine guns, the two innner ones or the four in unison. During the shot on the instrument board a lamp was blinking.
The CCC had a new Tur-8 observer rear turret built by Tokariev with a ShKAS machine gun belt-fed with 1000 rounds (instead of the magazine fed Degtyarev of the R-5)
The bomb load was also increased:
Two compartments for 20 bombs of 8 - 10 kg were installed under the floor of the cockpit. These bombs were installed horizontally with three rows in the front part of this box and two in the rear.
Besides that, up to 250 kg bombs could be carried under each wing, using suspended to the Der-31 bomb racks, located under of the lower wings, that could be retracted into the wing when they were not used.
The RRAB-250 loaded with small bombs or incendiary projectiles was developed to be used on this aircraft.
The aircraft had also the capacity to use chemical weapons (not used in Spain). In the first version near the fuselage, two DAP-100 smoke generators and two VAP-4M containers could be installed, each with a capacity of 72 liters of toxic substances.
A water tank for the cooling system, located previously in the central plane of the upper wing, was relocated on the motor.
It was faster than standard R-5 by 25-30km/h and increased ceiling by 2000m. It was first tested operationally during the SCW. It was replaced in production lines by the R-Z.

andrey65

Re: Polikarpov C.C.C. for 4.12?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 03:45:36 AM »

I already requested R-5 and U-2 from 4.13. That would be great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 25 queries.