Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tapatalk grrrr!!!!!  (Read 243 times)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
Tapatalk grrrr!!!!!
« on: July 01, 2019, 11:12:13 PM »

Hi peeps got a really annoying issue just manifested on my samsung tablet, everytime i try to create a 'add to homescreen' shortcut for a website the bloody tapatalk shortcut comes up instead???
This never used to happen till i did an uninstall/reinstall of chrome however it also now happens on firefox too!!
Any ideas how to cure this?
Mick
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, Gainward windforce OC GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD, LG M Disc DVD rewriter, Windows 10 64bit.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
Re: Tapatalk grrrr!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 11:36:59 PM »

Looks like a Tapatalk bug.
The underlying mechanism is that on Android, when you add a link to the Homescreen, the system creates a dud "app" that will route your call to the target app that opens the website.
In order to know which app opens what kind of links, browsers have a list of standard apps and a list of links that open them.
Tapatalk is listed in Chrome (and you cannot disable this), and in Tapatalk SAS website is listed.
That much that good, problem is that you cannot edit the website list in Tapatalk and even if you set Tapatalk to completely forbid opening any website link from the list, it will still do it.

Sorry for the hassle, but that's it.
The Tapatalk guys will have to fix this.

]cheers[
Mike
You've got no one to follow, and no one will follow you. Ain't that a relief?

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
Re: Tapatalk grrrr!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 11:31:47 PM »

In a word bugger!!! lol
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, Gainward windforce OC GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD, LG M Disc DVD rewriter, Windows 10 64bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 27 queries.