Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The "Sword of Rome" Campaign  (Read 751 times)

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
  • Campaign / Mission Builder
The "Sword of Rome" Campaign
« on: June 19, 2019, 12:39:42 AM »

Hello All,

Here is another campaign contribution to our community.  :)

Compatibility: IL2 4.12.2m VPmod/SAS version or later is required (VPMod Pack)

A 23-mission semi-historical campaign, based on the life of the Italian fighter pilot, Franco Lucchini.

Franco Lucchini, MOVM, (24 December 1914 - 5 July 1943) was an Italian World War II fighter pilot in the Aviazione Legionaria and in the Regia Aeronautica. During World War II he achieved 21 individual air victories, plus 52 shared, to add to the five kills in Spain, during the Civil War.

The Spanish Civil War:

He was born in Rome, the son of a railway official. When he was sixteen, he got a glider pilot's license. In 1935, he enrolled in Regia Aeronautica as a Reserve Officer, with the rank of Sottotenente Pilota di Complemento. In July 1936 he gained his military flight license at Foggia flying school. He was then commissioned (in Servizio Permanente Effettivo) on 13 August 1936 and in the same month was assigned to the 91a Squadriglia, 10° Gruppo, 4° Stormo C.T. in Gorizia, Italy.

1st Tour - North Africa:

A young commander of a fighter group, inspiring pilot and a capable, enthusiastic and confident leader. An Italian fighter ace of pure ideals, who as a war volunteer suffered the severe regime of captivity without allowing it to weaken his indomitable spirit. He faced pilots from all around the world in the skies of all war fronts, and in his duels, always fought gallantly, he brilliantly proved his superb qualities of pilot and combatant.

1st Tour - The Malta Offensive:

His numerous victories did not cloud his judgement with vanity: convinced of his mission, he continued to carry out his task with unchanged concentration and will, a constant example to all in the performance of his duty. He returned to combat with wounds still open: always first where the combat was at its hardest and at its more violent, he would transmit to others the pure love for his country that animated him.

2nd Tour - The Malta Offensive:

2nd Tour - North Africa:

He fell as gallantly as he had lived, and following the luminous trail left by Baracca, he continues with him to point to the pilots of his group the heroic path to be followed in the skies of North Africa, the Mediterranean and Sicily from June 1940 - July 1943.

Defense of Sicily:

I tried to keep the campaign as historical as possible with correct dates and times that I've been to accurately research.  Due to limitations of the flight simulation some minor deviations were required, however, these deviations do not detract from the historical value depicted in this campaign.

*Skin artists noted in the read-me file.
*This campaign is now available here:  The Sword of Rome Campaign

I hope you enjoy :)
Sincerely, DHumphrey

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Keep calm and carry on
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: The "Sword of Rome" Campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 01:17:22 AM »

Very nice! I too have a weakness for the Italians, the eternal underdog!
My aim: to build campaigns for Mods! You can find them here: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=search&sa=740

stanislao

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 04:11:57 AM »

:)МММ .... undoubtedly Franco Lucchini was an ace of the "Regia Areonautica" and he was certainly very motivated for his heroic deeds, I do not share the rhetoric with which he is presented for this campaign, but perhaps it is deliberately designed to offer a significant clipping. of the typical style of that historical period !! ;)

rollnloop

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 12:43:58 PM »

I had started to write a campaign about him for BAT 2 years ago but never came to finish. I'll be happy to fly this one instead (provided I can have it work in HSFX since I don't have VP's), thanks a lot DHumpfrey :)

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 01:33:30 PM »

Hello Rollnloop,

I'm not sure about HSFX, there maybe an issue with the maps used between HSFX and the VPMod Pack. Here are the maps I used to create the campaign:

MAP HRt_ebro1938GCE/HRt_ebro1938GCE_load.ini
MAP Northern_Africa_Jir/load.ini
MAP Mediterran_W.o.I/Med_W_o_I_load.ini

If you have these maps, the campaign should work well for you.  :)
Sincerely, DHumphrey

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 03:01:01 PM »

In BAT, only the Northern_Africa_Jir/load.ini map is unavailable. Is it downloadable somewhere ?

rollnloop

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 03:23:16 PM »

Thanks Dh, I'll check  :)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 04:47:40 PM »

@Gaston...

The Northern Africa map is in both BAT and VP Modpack; they are named slightly different though.
BAT: Northern_Africa_Jir_v3
VPM: Northern_Africa_Jir

You can up date the Sword of Rome missions with any text editor.

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 05:36:58 PM »

Thanks much for the help "V" ... much appreciated !!!'
Sincerely, DHumphrey

tanathos97

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 05:36:48 AM »

Campaign is not sowing, installed in the right folder, but when i select Regia Aeronautica in the campaign start menu, it's empty.
Also, the flag on the top left corner is finnish. Is this just me? (running VP modpack)

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 06:24:55 AM »

Hi tanathos97,

Verify that you installed the campaign into the correct folder:

Missions/Campaign/IT/Sword_of_Rome

Once you've made sure that it is in the right folder, launch your game. Once in the "career" page, top left, click down arrow, select Regia Aeronautica, then on the right side of this page click the down arrow for this campaign selection, Sword of Rome should be at the bottom of the list.
Sincerely, DHumphrey

tanathos97

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 07:36:51 AM »

I checked again, campaign is installed in the correct folder, problem is, after selecting regia aeronautica, the case on the top right where you select the career, is completely empty, as well as the rank case, below the nationality one.
I've already tried to uninstall and install again but it didn't work
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 26 queries.