Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Biography of Stanley Roland Chambers, 1916-2018  (Read 133 times)

lizard

Biography of Stanley Roland Chambers, 1916-2018
« on: June 18, 2019, 01:42:52 PM »

Dear all,

Some of you may recall that a couple years ago, I asked whether any of you wanted to ask any questions of my cousin, a then 99-year-old ex-Spitfire pilot who had served with the RAF from 1937-1958. He completed his training (in Canada) in late 1941 and served (42-45) with 81 Squadron, No.1 PRU and 165 Squadron.

At his 100th birthday celebration, I had presented him with a copy of his biography, which I had based mainly upon the seven extraordinary hours he gave me just before his 99th.

Stanley passed on last May, aged 101. At the wake to celebrate his life, I presented his family and various organisations with copies of the amplified and corrected second edition,

After the passage of a year, I would like to extend it - on an individual basis - to the IL-2 SAS readership as well.

It's password-protected though - if you would like to read it, please contact me on w3lwyn@gmail.com and request the password. Please be so good as to keep this to yourself.

This both protects my IP and allows me to keep track of the number of readers.

Thank you,

Enjoy: You can find the biography here; http://www.gisnatural.net/portfolio/personal/Stanley_R_Chambers/assets/pdf/Master%20Pilot%20-%20ad%20astra.pdf

Bruce Mitchell

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 26 queries.