Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we still change the images in the mission briefs and loading screens? (Not splash or menu)  (Read 4840 times)

GunnerV

Hi all,
I believe we used to be able to put a unique image in our campaigns and mission load screens by simply dropping a "background.tga" file in each folder, but now it seems like mine have all been replaced with a generic pic of an aeronautical map.  Any way we can get our custom pictures back?

Gunner V 

sanches_74

привет)если есть решение не могли бы поделиться как поменять навигационную сетку на свои фоны?

Vampire_pilot

Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

...and check the references in your background.mat or wide_background.mat files.

Timex62

Could I get an English translation? I'd like to know too. Thanks.

Vampire_pilot

https://translate.google.com

(there is no substantial info in either Russian phrase. The point is in my English line)

Timex62

Thank you, I'll check that out.

Timex62

OK, I've always had success changing the picture to the name of the tga file I want to replace but I haven't been able to find where the files for the mission loading screen are located. Are they accessible?

GunnerV

OK, I've always had success changing the picture to the name of the tga file I want to replace but I haven't been able to find where the files for the mission loading screen are located. Are they accessible?

Same here. You can still change the backgrounds in the menu screens, but not during the mission load screens.  It changed a few BAT updates ago.  Seems to be hard coded now. :(

Timex62

I suspected as much. Oh well, small price to pay for such a fantastic sim. Thanks for your response.

Vampire_pilot

It changed a few BAT updates ago.  Seems to be hard coded now.

Not at all.
You need to be more creative in your solution seeking, people. In BATMODS there are a few options for JTW loading screen sets. In the exact same manner and folder structure you can just as well modify your own images in WAW or everywhere else.

Timex62

Vampire, perhaps I'm missing something here but it isn't the background pictures I would like to change. It is the B.A.T. mission loading screens (Seattle/Tacoma nav map) that is visible only when a mission is actively loading. Any help?

GunnerV

It changed a few BAT updates ago.  Seems to be hard coded now.

Not at all.
You need to be more creative in your solution seeking, people. In BATMODS there are a few options for JTW loading screen sets. In the exact same manner and folder structure you can just as well modify your own images in WAW or everywhere else.

I am sorry I am not making myself clear.  I know how to change the splash screens.  It is the mission planning screens that I am asking about.  As seen below

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 27 queries.