Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 206 times)

TRB604

Multiplayer
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:04:30 AM »

Firstly, I would like to thank everybody who has been involved in putting the BAT mod together, it is a truly monumental piece of work. Generically speaking, I am what could be called "An old fart". LOL. Well, me and a bunch of other Old Farts, meet up online every Sunday for a shoot up. I was just wondering if there is a program anywhere that could convert old multiplayer dogfight maps to be BAT compatible? One of us sets a private server up for all to log onto. Yes, I know BAT is primarily for offline play, but it would be splendid if we were able to use BAT for our Sunday punch-ups ! Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Koi

Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 08:34:04 PM »

As far as I know there is no such program available but it should be relatively easy to do by hand if you are familiar with mission building and the mission files.  I Recently   converted some older missions to BAT but it does took time and effort. This is mainly due to differences between the maps now  available and older ones, some of which are no longer  available. The other problem is with how the Aircraft are listed in BAT.
The first step, changing the map, is relatively simple. This can be done in the mission file by simply changing the of the name of map used to a new one.  AS for the aircraft this can get a bit more complicated as BAT has lock aircraft into the eras, WAW , DOF, TGA and Jets and not all eras have the same aircraft. The older games did not do this so if any aircraft was list it could be used in any mission. Not so now,  one needs to change the aircraft type to match those use in the era for the mission and some times that can't be done so one must find suitable substitutes. This change can also be done in the  mission file by simply cut and pasting the info into the file in the correct location. I did this by building a test mission to find the names of the aircraft and map to be used and then copy pasting it in to the new mission. Entry time of aircraft can also cause a problem as flight path may not show so times  need to be set to zero to see theHope this is of some help . If more info is needed just PM me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 25 queries.