Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albatros D.3 Skinpack Pilots 1 = 16 skins  (Read 2914 times)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
Albatros D.3 Skinpack Pilots 1 = 16 skins
« on: June 10, 2019, 08:01:32 PM »

Albatros D.3 Skinpack Pilots 1 - 16 skins

a Skinpack for the Albatros D.III, featuring some famous pilots from the Great War (WW1).
All skins are historical according to photos, books and information from aviation historians.

DOWNLOAD ---> https://www.mediafire.com/file/55l8bjk7iu39e97/Albatros_D3_skinpack_pilots_1.7z/file

New Link https://www.mediafire.com/file/4txrowbmnfdpmhh/Albatros_D3_skinpack_pilots_1.7z/file

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta01_1917_D.2125_Ernst Freiherr Von Stenglin
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta02_1917_D.2219_Gerhard Bassenge_7victories
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta02_1917_Dxxxx_Friedrich Kempf_4victories (This airplane was later given to Wilhelm Prien)
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta02_1917_Dxxxx_Hermann Frommherz_32victories
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta02_1917_Dxxxx_v1_Wilhelm Prien (Some say it could have been black colored)
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta02_1917_Dxxxx_v2_Wilhelm Prien (Some say it could have been red colored also)
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta04_1917_Dxxxx_Kurt Wusthoff_27victories
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta05_1917_Dxxxx_Unknown Pilot1
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta06_1917_Dxxxx_UnknownPilot1
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta06_1917_Dxxxx_UnknownPilot2
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta11_1917_D0629_v1_Karl Allmenroder_30victories (Overall grey color)
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta11_1917_D0629_v2_Karl Allmenroder_30victories (Overall red color with personal white colored nose and tail elevator)
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta11_1917_D2015_Georg Simon Shoster_POW (Later captured with his airplane)
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta11_1917_Dxxxx_v1_Manfred Von Richthofen_80victories (He flew 3 diferent Albatros D.III)
AlbatrosD3_DE_Jasta18_Dxxxx_Paul Strahle_15victories
AlbatrosD3_GB_1917_D2015_G.42_Captured_by_RFC_near_Arras_France (same aircraft flown by Georg Simon Shoster)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More skins will be posted soon.

-

-

-

-
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
Re: Albatros D.3 Skinpack Pilots 1
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 08:02:06 PM »

-

-

-

-

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
Re: Albatros D.3 Skinpack Pilots 1 = 16 skins
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 04:20:09 PM »

-

-

-

-

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 05:09:57 PM »

-

-

David Prosser

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 05:19:09 PM »

Fantastic work as always. They just flew into my skin folder.

cheers

David

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 12:13:52 AM »

+1

Excellent work Max !
I'm fascinated to find out how you decern the correct colours of aircraft from a series of greys in the original photographs.......

Apart from the identity of it's pilot how do you know is this aeroplane is RED ?

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

urmel

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 03:21:32 AM »

Excellent,Many thanks!!!

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 08:54:44 AM »

+1

Excellent work Max !
I'm fascinated to find out how you decern the correct colours of aircraft from a series of greys in the original photographs.......

Apart from the identity of it's pilot how do you know is this aeroplane is RED ?

Cheers

Alfie

Thank you Alfie. I am happy that you like the skins.  ]cheers[

To answer your question, the information I have used to paint these aircraft comes from numerous sources.
Information from well known books (Osprey, Windsock Datafile, etc. etc. - I can post them all if you need to see),
information from actual letters and diaries written in World War One, describing the colors used on these airplanes,
and from information collected over the years from notable aviation historians which have also posted their comments
about these airplanes over at the http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/

One of the most trust worthy historians who has done in-depth research about these WW1 fighters is a guy named Dan_San_Abbott.
I have crossed-referenced many of the information I have collected over the years about these airplanes, and seen what he has to say
about them, and he is "spot-on" on his research and comments too. So we both share a common interest in these classic WW1 aircraft.

But still, none of us can be 100% percent sure as to these findings we made. There is ALWAYS new information being discovered and
we must take a second look into (and cross-reference again) all the information we have.
After looking at thousands of black and white photos and knowing what color some of those objects seen on photos were painted in, a person can
distinguish to a certain degree of certainty, as to what were the other colors used on an airplane. It can be a very good "guess", but this is not entirely
100% correct. After all, it is still a black and white photo we are looking at, and the colors used could have been many color tones. So cross-referencing
information from many sources is helpful. That is why I am taking a little longer to paint these skins, so I can try to use the correct colors on them.

As for the EXACT colors, that is something we all are still unsure. There over a million colors and tones and combinations in colors, so I have
tried my best to also cross reference color tones information from many sources. Factory made colors, Fabric samples from museum aircraft,
and pieces of aircraft parts from private collections which people have in their possession. Souveneirs from WW1 crashed airplanes.

The most dificult question to answer pertaining the "Red BaronĀ“s" exact RED color. That is dificult to answer. The color red also has a million
tones and color combinations. But looking at the factory color catalogues from WW1 years a person can make a very good guess as to
what they may have looked like.

For example, here is a post from another forum, which asks , " What colour WAS the factory finish on the Fokker Dr1 "
http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46221
This is just one of the many posts and information a person must read about and make their own cross-reference with other information
and come to a conclusion as to what is the correct colors on that airplane.

I love to do this type of research.
I love history and aircraft, and for me , this is my "type of good times".   ]cheers[

Spider16

• Non nobis Domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da glori
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:18 AM »

Thanks and congratulstions to you Max . This research is a typical " Indiana Jones " work!

Cheers

Carlos

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 10:02:15 AM »

I was reading a post by Knochenlutscher that it seems most, if not all of Max's links are no longer working. Max has not been here in a long time and he is missed by all who enjoyed his great work over the many years of the SAS. I have found the skins that he had posted in this thread and have added the new link to the first post.

I ask that if anyone else has ANY of Max's work that the link is now not working, please PM me with a link to the corresponding thread and send me the zip file and I will post a new link in that thread.

Max did great work here and had been a good friend since the very beginning of the SAS. Please help restore and preserve his work.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 09:16:02 AM »

Thanks a bunch Bombs, every help is apreciated.

Stay safe
Tobias
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 27 queries.