Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying together  (Read 3720 times)

I/JG7_Momo

Flying together
« on: May 16, 2019, 10:23:59 AM »

Hey :)

Since the glory days of IL2 are over, it's getting harder and harder to find a few pilots to compete with.
That's why I would like to do some advertising to fly together
I would like to ask the admins not to delete this thread, rather to move it.

The JG7 is doing some kind of training once a week and spontaneously more than once.

We are doing mission, practicing dogfights, flying formation, basics, navigation, combat situations and many more.

In between we are 6 active pilots so that we have always at leat 4 participants per session.

We are looking for some more pilots who wanna join our flying. For communication we speak almost exclusivly english so that would not be a problem for us. And by the way this would bring the game a bit more lively again.

We are currently using Version 4.12.2 with BAT 3.6 but we could also switch to HSFX 7

TS3 IP: 81.169.185.153:9978

Next Session: 16/May/19 21:00(CET)

Feel Welcome to join

Best wishes

I/JG7_Momo

David Prosser

Re: Flying together
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 02:29:45 PM »

I don't fly online myself. But good luck with your search.

Dimlee

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 03:57:07 PM »

BAT 3.6 multiplay? Sounds interesting, yet wizards of BAT have warned that the pack was not made "online ready" and bugs should be expected.
Anyway, please post here about next sessions. Hopefully there will be convenient schedules to join.

I/JG7_Momo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 04:36:28 PM »

I have to say that we are playing the WorldAtWar modul, this is working fine in multiplayer. JetAge instead is very buggy.
Yesterday we were 6 pilots dogfighting on a hosted server, and we hadnt any problems at all.
I will keep posting the dates of our sessions in this thread.

Tomorrow Sunday 19/may/19 2100CET there might be a little dogfight-session.
So feel free to take a look on our TS:)

Have a nice day
Momo

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 11:45:05 PM »

we are playing the WorldAtWar modul, this is working fine in multiplayer. JetAge instead is very buggy.
Agreed.
DOF, TGA and WAW should be fine (mostly), JTW really isn't ready for online gameplay.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 12:20:30 AM »

we are about to ready a patch which will among other fixes incorporate a few modifications to code that will further improve online capability of DOF, TGA and WAW. Friend Whistler was helping with that.

JTW is for other reasons, which are mostly connected to weapons and other modern functions not really on the same page as the other three.
But that's the trade-off for all the amazing new radar and whatnot functions the modders have been developing.

Dimlee

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 04:57:06 AM »

we are about to ready a patch which will among other fixes incorporate a few modifications to code that will further improve online capability of DOF, TGA and WAW. Friend Whistler was helping with that.

JTW is for other reasons, which are mostly connected to weapons and other modern functions not really on the same page as the other three.
But that's the trade-off for all the amazing new radar and whatnot functions the modders have been developing.

Guys, you are really bringing new life (again and again) to the old sim. Hats off. I remember that some CUP/BAT creators were sceptical about online capabilities earlier, weren't they? So now you are outdoing yourself. Amazing.

What about JTW in early years scenarios, for example, Korea, - without missiles, radars and other modern tech?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 06:17:12 AM »

What about JTW in early years scenarios, for example, Korea, - without missiles, radars and other modern tech?
That's exactly the plan for Ultrapack, which is planned to be extended to exactly these limits: No supersonic, modern radars, modern <whatever> stuff.
The limit would be early guided missiles for subsonic, max. transsonic (F-100, MiG-19) planes.

The issue with JTW is that most of the modern planes in there need the latest and greatest features of the latest EngineMod revision, and that's mutually exclusive from online compatibility.
That's also why most DOF/TGA/WAW content works well online: While these modules hold the very same EngineMod like JTW, the top-sophisticated modern stuff functions which aren't online compatible are almost never used.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Kashmiro

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 07:36:44 AM »

Hi, thats funny because tbh we also have a "squadron" of 3-4 players named Jg7;D we are playing nowadays mostly in 2 ppl just leader and his wingman, also doing training f
Formation flights. Fights. Bombing. Torping. Hor. Lvl bombing and many many more. But theres one problem, we are playing heavily moded ultrapack which is not compatible with BAt at all.

Btw in up youre right that jet era when playing MP does a lot of crashes( guided missiles etc) bht its flyable since u not fck upyour loadout with those weapons and since u keep defaults its pretty much fine tbh.

Id be glad to fly with your guys.  But we must discuss if u want to switch or if we may switch and since im the only one in my squadron who actually keeps the game running and up tondate with mods for almost 4 years im not likely to say i want to switch my up baby to some sort of premade gold jjst because i did spent so much time to make it to a state where everything i wanted works.

All in all. Id like to. Pm me we can discuss details.

Also recently i made DYI HEADCLIPS with ps3 eye (i dug out the ir filter) - i made 4 of thrm for my squadron. If any1 is interrested in making onr, pm me for mkre detailed info ( it costs about 10-15euro and its works Great!

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 07:49:52 AM »

Kashmiro...the SAS server uses UP3 (because it's the only mod that uses the complete Zuti MDS).  We're going to start flying in about 15 minutes for our regular FAC session.  Come join us.  We've got TeamSpeak too.  I keep telling the guys that we're going to end up being the shower drain for all of the online players as the squadrons disappear (as the Clowns have shrunk in number too).  SAS is in the process of bringing UP3 up to the level of BAT...but slowly, as everything must be online compatible and also work correctly.  Most importantly, at the current patch pack we've got the 4.13 AI working in the 4.10UP.  It's quite fun.  Come join us, if nothing else than to introduce yourself.  Cheers
I am a moron.

Kashmiro

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 08:03:43 AM »

My dear Gubi:) im occasionaly flying with u guys since im testing my heavily moded up3...id like to join u in 15mins!

If u guys are looking for some up3 mods compatibility (for online play) i think i can be helpful. As i said i spent dreamless nights and years solving compatibility problems;) currently i do have 29 mods and 1 single problem i fighting 1year now. Not able to solve it:( ill go plug my thingies and lets hop into a cockpit

I/JG7_Momo

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 12:41:43 PM »

Hello Kashmiro,

thanks for your response and interest. Optimising your game for 4 years really sounds like a lot of work and we'd be interested to see your baby in action.

Why don't you upload it somewhere so we can download and test it?

And between, playing with us doesnt mean to delet your version, you can just add another version next to your Baby ;)
Did you try BAT yet?

Best regards
Momo
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 25 queries.