Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultrapack 3.2  (Read 23199 times)

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
Re: Ultrapack 3.2
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2019, 11:43:05 AM »

Hallo Mike,

DANKE!

]cheers[

Gerhard
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

TXZCJSP

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2019, 08:09:23 PM »

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2019, 12:56:42 AM »

Yep, that's exactly what it's supposed to look like.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

TXZCJSP

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2019, 10:12:03 AM »

:o :o :o

TXZCJSP

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2019, 06:44:15 AM »

This is a historical Aircraft Guns patch modified by my friend.
I hope you can add it to the next up3 upgrade package after review.
The original version of gunpowder is too small

(machine translation)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6tpusqeq38x0lun/Aircraft+Guns.rar

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2019, 08:54:19 AM »

Thanks for your efforts (or the ones of your friend), but:
  • What's the source of the modified data?
    We don't modify things like these just because someone says it's been wrong before, we need evidence.
  • To see what's inside, I just picked two random guns for comparison: MG 151/20 and Hispano Mk.I.
    Result: MG 151/20 power in your friend's data is roughly twice of what it is now in UP3 and Hispano power has been cut by half.
    Seems biased if you ask me.

]cheers[
Mike

E69STARK

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2019, 09:46:48 AM »

Any Idea to add new maps?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2019, 10:39:10 AM »

Which one for instance?

TXZCJSP

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2019, 04:13:23 AM »

The standard M-Gesch warhead contains 18g of HA41 explosive (PTEN). In the same amount, the PTEN is approximately equal to 1.2 times the power of TNT.

boilingmetal

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2019, 07:01:13 AM »

How to upgrade my up3.0 rc4 dedicated server to 3.2? Is there any server side patch?

macgiver

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »

The standard M-Gesch warhead contains 18g of HA41 explosive (PTEN). In the same amount, the PTEN is approximately equal to 1.2 times the power of TNT.

I don't think this is subject to discussion in this thread, I think it would be better to open one for this (it's in the hands of moderators).

In the sketch we can see "Rechlin" which makes us suppose that this has been tested, but it can also be just a proposed project.The German bureaucracy at the time was very developed, there have to be more documents and reports, where does this sketch come from? Take a look at page http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/ to see how the German documents of the time were. If it was manufactured, who manufactured it and when did it start (in the sketch we see that it has been edited in 12.42)? If it has entered service, when? What were the results of the quality tests if some have been made? What are the results of the supposed tests in Rechlin? Where is evidence that this ammunition was really used in combat (assuming it was manufactured)?
I am neither a modder nor a historian but I think that proposals presented in this way lack seriousness, this seems to be guided more by personal preferences and sympathies than by strictly historical and well documented bases (as far as possible).

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2019, 10:39:47 AM »

Funny thing but that page doesn't even show the 151/20 ammo I've been talking about.
Anyway, we can cut this short: You cannot simply translate the explosive's weight 1:1 from real life to IL-2.
For instance, the AIM-9B uses a 10lb blast/fragmentation warhead in real life. If you put these 10lb into IL-2, the result is that an aicraft at a distance of ~100m will just blow up, shredded to 1000 pieces when the missile detonates, whereas in real life the effective range of the explosive charge was ~15m. We've performed excessive tests and ended up with reasonable results when the warhead weight was cut to 1/10th of the real life weight. Smaller charges need less adjustment, but you will never achieve believable results if you put the real life's warhead weight straight into the IL-2 props.
And then, whatever you try to adjust, document all changes and apply it to all comparable weapons in the same way, otherwise you come across biased, working on an own (different) agenda.

How to upgrade my up3.0 rc4 dedicated server to 3.2? Is there any server side patch?
UP3.2 patch applies to both server and client.

]cheers[
Mike
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 27 queries.